Apple Releases Safari Update v7.0.3
Safari v7.0.3 has been available as a beta release for the past few weeks while Apple has been working out the bugs. The update adds a number of subtle improvements, including an option to turn off push notifications, security fixes, stability improvements including better sandboxing, and more.
The update is available now through your Mac’s Software Update mechanism. Apple says that the Safari 7.0.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users.
Changelog for Safari 7.0.3:
- Fixes an issue that could cause the search and address field to load a webpage or send a search term before the return key is pressed
- Improves credit card autofill compatibility with websites
- Fixes an issue that could block receipt of push notifications from websites
- Adds a preference to turn off push notification prompts from websites
- Adds support for webpages with generic top-level domains
- Strengthens Safari sandboxing
- Fixes security issues, including several identified in recent security competitions