B&N Nook v4.1.0 for iPad, iPhone Adds Account Management
Barnes & Noble continued to keep us guessing about the fate of the Nook platform this week when it released an update to its iOS app. The new version of the app features improved book listing pages, new settings options, and new ways to manage your ebook library.
But most importantly, readers can now use the Nook iOS app to create multiple individual accounts, including both parent and child accounts.
The profile option makes it possible to give each family members their own customized library view and their own reading experience. Set up a profile, and each book added to that profile will remember the place where that family member last stopped reading, thus quelling any fights over missed reading locations when two or more people are sharing a book.
- Create adult and child profiles so family members can each have their own customized library view and each book remembers the place where that family member last stopped reading
- Select a title and add it to any of your custom shelves using the “Assign to Shelves” menu item on the product details page
- Product details page displays more information including publisher, published date, file size and available storage
- Menu enhanced with new icons and a new messages item
- Open your Current Read from the navigation menu
- Overflow menu in the book reader simplifies the tool bar
- Access the iOS NOOK Settings in the settings menu to change auto-stacking, screenshot feedback, notification settings and more
- 64-bit support
- Bug fixes