Draft2Digital Adds Audiobook Distribution via Findaway Voice
With its universal book links, mailing list and ePub creation services, and broad distribution network, Draft2Digital has positioned itself as an upmarket alternative to Smashwords.
Now D2D is adding a service offered by no other ebook distributor: audiobooks.
Draft2Digital has partnered with audiobook distributor Findaway to help authors turn their ebooks into audiobooks via Findaway’s secret new ACX competitor, Findaway Voices.
Draft2Digital is excited to announce our partnership with Findaway Voices, an audiobook creation and distribution service that gives authors more freedom and control over their work. With Voices, it’s easy to create and sell audiobooks to listeners in more than 170 countries, through the world’s largest audiobook distribution network.
Quietly launched last year, Findaway Voices has gained little attention other than a brief discussion on KBoards. (I didn’t even hear about it until today.)
The new partnership will start accepting new works on 18 July. If you don’t want to wait, or if you don’t use D2D, you can work directly with Findaway Voices.
According to the announcement, "Findaway Voices gives authors everything they need to create professionally narrated audiobooks, including:"
- Full Control—With Voices, you set the price, own the rights, control marketing, choose your distributors, and never sign an exclusivity agreement.
- Global Distribution—You’ll gain access to a global platform that reaches consumers in more than 170 countries, through all major audiobook sellers across retail, library, and K12 channels (and yes, this includes Audible).
- Custom Narrator Casting—The experts at Voices review your book and create a tailored list of recommended narrators at a range of prices for your specific title. Voices will work with you at every step to ensure you choose the right voice at the right price for your book.
- Professional Production—All narrators are vetted for quality, and all Voices audiobooks are quality-checked before publication, giving rights holders an extra level of assurance.
- Full Service and Support–As a D2D author, you’re used to high-level customer support, and you can expect the same with Voices. If you have any questions or need help, you can reach out to a Voices expert.
- Already have an audiobook?—If you’ve already produced your audiobook, you can distribute through Findaway Voices without exclusivity, and at no cost.
If Findaway Voices is not your thing, your alternatives include ListenUp, ACX, or working directly with an audiobook publisher.
Of all the options, ACX is probably the most limited; it’s only open to creators in the US, Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
image by Fire At Wil
Kevin Tumlinson June 14, 2017 um 6:34 pm
Hi, this is Kevin from Draft2Digital. We’re updating the blog post about this partnership as more information becomes available, and will do so right up until 18 July. You can check in and follow up at https://bit.ly/FindawayD2D
Jacquie Biggar June 15, 2017 um 1:14 pm
I’d like to see them do something similar to the 50/50 spilt ACX offers. For many writers the outlying cost will prohibit us from taking part in the program.
Maria (BearMountainBooks) June 15, 2017 um 2:32 pm
I’m happy to see they AREN’T doing a 50/50 split! I’d rather pay upfront and control where and how and how much I sell for than be stuck with split royalties, exclusive requirements and so on. But I didn’t find as much info on their site as I needed. It wasn’t clear to me how they distribute (or if) if you aren’t with D2D so I’ll have to send an email. If they do distribute, they didn’t talk about how much of a cut they expect and how long it might take to pull a product or any of the little details…
Smashwords Adds Audiobook Distribution via Findaway Voice | The Digital Reader March 21, 2018 um 6:09 pm
[…] This announcement comes about 9 months after Draft2Digital inked a similar deal. […]