Flipboard Releases Beta App with New Menu Drawers, Redesigned Cover Stories
Flipboard rolled out a new update today for their Android app, only you won’t be able to find it in Google Play. The new app is only available via Flipboard’s beta release channel, and it packs in several major changes.
The beta app features a new menu design that includes pop out menu drawers on both sides of the screen, with the right drawer containing the search, topics, and suggested sources while the left drawer contains the notifications/settings and the magazines you’re following.
Here’s a list of the most important changes in the beta release:
- Profiles for Flipboard users
- Experimental app navigation interface on phones
- New cover on Cover Stories feed
- Left drawer now contains magazines you’re following and notifications/settings
- Right drawer now contains search, topics, and suggested sources
- Improved performance for interface for flipping into magazines
- Fix issue causing duplicate items to sometimes show up in feeds
- Improvements to interface for seeking help within the app
- Fix issue with ad cropping on tablets
- Fix some higher density layouts showing up on phones
- Fix minor issue related to storing feeds for offline viewing
- Other bug fixes and improvements
If you want to give the beta a shot, head on over to Google Groups and join the beta group, then opt into the test.
Flipboard for iOS Updated With Support for Spanish – The Digital Reader May 9, 2014 um 12:52 pm
[…] iPad and iPhone this morning. While it’s not as interesting as the beta Android app released earlier this week, it should still prove […]