Getting Started with Android – a Roundup
I see that I have a lot of new readers today, and a heck of a lot are coming here to get the instructions on how to get Android Market on a budget tablet. I’m betting you could benefit from the several getting started guides which I’ve written for past holiday seasons.
A few of the guides are a tad old, but to be honest some of the tablets which were bought this holiday season are even older.
I also wrote a couple posts on getting started with a Kindle Fire HD, and I’m sure they will be useful.
- This was written for the really basic Android tablets which shipped in 2010; many lacked basic apps like a file manager.
- Back in 2010 something as basic as finding a PDF app for an Android tablet was not easy, so I put this post together to help point people in the right direction.
- This post was written based on a tablet I gave away for Christmas 2011. It’s more focused on what I did before giving away the tablet, but it should still be useful for a new tablet owner.
These next 2 posts cover the steps I took to turn the KFHD from Amazon’s media tablet into a more useful Android tablet. Thanks to the Google apps, this is now one of the tablets I keep on my desk as a work tool.
- How to Install Google Apps (Gmail, Google Reader, etc) on the 7″ Kindle Fire HD
- 5 Free Apps You Should Install on Your New Kindle Fire HD
image by Hades2k