Goodreader PDF App Updated
In addition to direct support for loading files from iCloud, Goodreader also gained a couple new features which iPhone 6 owners will appreciate. The iPhone version of Goodreader now supports a double-page view for PDF files, and there is an option for page rotation (landscape to portrait and back).
What’s more, Goodreader also supports more external drives, specifically models made by Toshiba.
And last but not least, users can now lock and unlock either the app or specific files using only their fingerprint. The app now supports the Touch ID sensor which is integrated into the latest iPad and iPhone models, enabling users to have even more ways to accidentally lock themselves out of their files (I am a pessimist).
You can find the app in iTunes.
- another option of handling files from iCloud Drive – opening and annotating files without copying them into GoodReader’s local storage, in addition to the existing Import option
- Touch ID – use your fingerprints to unlock the entire GoodReader app or its individual files and folders. This feature needs to be explicitly enabled in app settings.
- support for Toshiba external drives: Wireless SSD and Wireless Adapter
Some iPad-specific features adopted for the large screens of the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus:
- grid view for file browser – files can now be presented as icons with larger previews
- double-page layout for PDF files
- page rotation for PDF files
- fixed an issue that prevented GoodReader folder from appearing in iCloud Drive on some Mac computers
- fixed an issue that kept the status bar visible during video playback
- fixed an issue that caused occasional crashes when writing typewriter notes with Korean font