iTunes U v3.0 Adds Support for PDF Annotation
Apple has rolled out a new update for its digital classroom app for the iPad and iPhone today which adds support for PDF annotations. Students can mark up a PDF from inside the app, and once they’re done they can submit their assignment. Also, multiple attachments can now be included per assignment, making it easier for students to go paper-free.
Like Google Classroom, iTunes U is the little noticed which underpins much of Apple’s iPads in the classroom strategy. Without this app or one like it, students may be reading their digital textbooks on an iPad but still marking up papers to submit as classwork and homework.
You can find the iTunes U app in iTunes.
- Students can hand in their homework assignments
- Annotate PDF assignments directly in iTunes U
- Instructors can grade and track student progress with an integrated grade book
- Private one-on-one conversations between students and instructors
- Include multiple attachments per assignment