LibraryThing Launches an Android App
The Android app mirrors the features of the LibraryThing iPhone app. Among other activities, you can:
- Browse and search your library overall and by collection.
- Add books, CDs, and DVDs to your catalog by scanning barcodes.
- Add items by searching by title, author, ISBN, etc.
- Browse and upload covers, using your device’s camera.
- Do minor editing, such as adding books to collections and rating them.
LibraryThing is currently giving away free lifetime memberships to anyone who signs in to their existing account from the iOS or Android apps. That membership usually costs $25.
I downloaded the app and signed in, but I doubt I will use it much. LibraryThing is missing the one feature I want most: calibre integration.
I keep my ebooks in calibre, and I would love to use LibraryThing to carry around a mobile listing of my collection but there’s no obvious way to integrate the two services.
Yes, even though these two similar apps are each over a decade old, they do not play well together.