Morning Coffee – 11 May 2020
Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- When "Lord of the Flies" happened for real, the result was almost peaceful.
- Someone’s building a database of book-buying habits of major 20th-century authors.
- There’s a factoid going around that 80% of authors quit after their third book. appears that I am the only one who considered the possibility that authors may have changed their pen name.
- Ten ways to feel like a writer even when you are too stressed out to write.
- ICANN blocked the sale of the DotOrg registry to a for-profit company (they would have jacked up the cost of registration).
- People were apparently shocked that Amazon would stop collecting VAT on ebooks when it was no longer required.
- The British Library is building a digital platform for UK libraries. (They probably stole it from another country.)
- BTW, I updated my list of book promotion sites on Saturday.