Morning Coffee – 13 January 2019
Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Why we love untranslatable concepts.
- Here are a few tips on managing a 500-title ebook library.
- Mike Shatzkin has year zero thoughts about the changes in book publishing.
- David Newhoff warns that you shouldn’t start a copyright fight that you don’t understand.
- You’re more susceptible to misinformation than you think.
- Here are Mark Coker’s predictions on the ebook market for the coming year.
- Do you know these 18 weird names for everyday things?
- Nathan Bransford has 7 tips on how to be a productive writer.
Disgusting Dude January 13, 2020 um 9:14 am
500 ebooks is big?
Really? He must be new to the game.
BAEN bundles alone add up to over a thousand in less than a decade.
Gutenberg images offer tens of thousands in a singke download.
(Well, used to, anyway.)
And between permafree and promos getting 500 commercial books is trivial.
and most ereaders have no trouble managing a few thousand. onboard.
Some can even handle the full Gutenberg libraries and more.
Nate Hoffelder January 13, 2020 um 10:15 am
Well, 500 is about the point where you need to develop the rules and policies for growing all the way to a 5k ebook library.
lumpynose January 13, 2020 um 1:46 pm
Yes/No column for books I’ve finished; what a great idea. I should have thought of that; I was using a tag.