Morning Coffee – 15 March 2021
Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- Jonathan Bailey has uncovered a new scam targeting website owners.
- Amazon will no longer sell transphobic books.
- The book "Naked in Cyberspace" will help you find useful info online.
- If you couldn’t write last year, you’re not the only one.
- Mike Shatzkin lays out several key decisions that helped Amazon dominate the book market.
- Breaking News: Amazon still doesn’t sell their ebooks to libraries.
P.S. If you need a tech VA or help with your website, email me at [email protected] Got a story that I should include in next week’s list? Shoot me an email.
MKS March 16, 2021 um 5:31 pm
Shatzkin states "Book Wars" is publishing next month, but the e-Book is available from Amazon now.
But it’s not available to my local library to order.
MKS March 16, 2021 um 10:28 pm
Let me add that Id like to see the author of Book Wars explain a) why choose a title that makes it difficult to find his book online b) price the e-book at 28.00 and c) go with a publisher that isnt selliing to libraries.
Allen F March 22, 2021 um 2:40 pm
a/b/c) The fun/problems of not self publishing is the publisher one went with now controls how one’s book is published – the name/cover/price/ and where it can be found are all out of the writer’s hands …