Morning Coffee – 16 November 2020
Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- European antitrust regulators caught Amazon with their hand in the cookie (data) jar.
- Educators in the UK continue to protest the rising cost of ebooks.
- Collins dictionary choose "lockdown" as its word of the year. This is an ironic choice given that many Americans apparently do not know what the word means.
- The Kindle Mac app reportedly no longer opens side-loaded ebooks.
- Chicago public libraries saw a huge rise in returned books and new borrows when they canceled overdue fees. (Don’t be too surprised; we’ve seen this elsewhere.)