Morning Coffee – 22 July 2019
Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- How to read 100 books per year (abandon the bad ones early).
- No one knows what its is or what it does, but this industry has already made up its mind that Audible Captions Is A Very Bad And Illegal Thing.
- Youtube has effectively killed the robo-infringement claim. They now require claimants to provide screenshots to document their DMCA notice.
- The "small claims" copyright court is going to prove just as flawed and prone to abuse as the DMCA.
- Dan Sinykin examines how Big Pub changed literature.
- Kris Rusch: Authors should stop thinking about their careers as publishing their books and start thinking about licensing their IP.
- A UK publisher is going to reprint a newly launched book following accusations of ripping off the cover and title of a similar book.
Disgusting Dude July 22, 2019 um 3:22 pm
About the Audible catfight.
Check their contract terms if you want a JULIE OF THE WOLVES flashback.
Would love to see HC fight those teems.