Morning Coffee – 30 December 2019
Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- It’s apparently still news that indie bookstores are thriving in the age of Amazon.
- The RWA decided to set itself on fire the day before Christmas.
- Did you know Japanese bookstores shelve books by publisher, not author?
- China is blocking the release of American books as Trump’s trade war causes more economic damage.
- People are now imputing political attributes into the choice of serif vs san serif fonts.
- This piece on the history of ebooks over the past decade missed a couple key points, including how several segments of the non-fiction market are getting eaten by things like instructional videos.