Sigil 0.3.3 now available for download
The open source Epub editor Sigil has just been updated. Improvements include:
- added a small "Donate" button to the toolbar and a related entry in the Help menu
- added a .desktop file for the make install target (courtesy of Richard Gibert)
- this time *really* worked around a Tidy bug that added blank lines to the start of <pre> and <style> elements (issue #655)
- updated ZipArchive from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0
- fixed a regression crash bug with loading extremely rare HTML content documents that have an internal DTD subset
- added a workaround for a crash bug caused by invalid epubs that use obfuscated fonts but with incorrect UUID URN key syntax (issue #709)
- integrated the FlightCrew epub validation library; a new toolbar icon triggers epub validation and displays the results (issue #28)
- fixed a rare input truncation problem when the input file contains a unicode nbsp and also specifies standalone="yes" in the XML declaration (issue #677)
This is my favorite Epub editor, and now that it has an integrated Epub validator it’s even better.
Ed Renehan January 10, 2011 um 6:47 am
I find Sigil to be a really elegant (and completely indispensable) tool.