Amazon’s editors have compiled a list of books they would like you to buy, and are calling it the best books of 2018. “The annual list is hand selected by the Amazon Books Editors and features the Top 20 books released between January and June 2018—offering readers a mid-year look at the best books.”
“Whether you enjoy reading in print or Kindle, or listening on Audible, the past six months have delivered some unforgettable books across a range of genres, from Kristin Hannah’s Alaska-based family drama, The Great Alone, to The Feather Thief, Kirk Wallace Johnson’s account of one of the weirdest crimes ever committed for the sake of a flute,” said Sarah Harrison Smith, editorial director of Amazon Books and Kindle.
You can find the list below, and a longer version on the Amazon website.
- Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
- The Great Alone: A Novelby Kristin Hannah
- The Feather Thief by Kirk Wallace Johnson
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
- Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao
- The Line Becomes a River: Dispatches from the Border by Francisco Cantú
- The Electric Woman: A Memoir by Tessa Fontaine
- Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orisha) by Tomi Adeyemi
- Her Baby Daddy by Chance Carter
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
- There There by Tommy Orange