I waited to exchange a few emails with Qualcomm, and even I got it wrong. I could show the email I worked from and you'd probably think that I wrote an accurate post. Well, I didn't.
The problem here is that the Qualcomm people didn't choose their words carefully enough. According the email I got earlier this week, the Qalcomm people never intended to say that there was a product. They were using ereader to refer to the component they provide, not the entire product.
This all comes down to semantics. When Paul Jacobs used "ereader product", his understanding of the word was very different from that of tech bloggers.
Anyway, I wanted to correct the story. I was one of the many wrong bloggers, so I could probably have simply forgotten about it. But eventually it started bugging me, and I had to post.