- Handy bookmarks in what we used to call “books.”
- Cut them into Ninja stars for annoying but non-lethal combat fun. (Take that, Jeff Bezos!)
- Build a DIY stand for an ereader or smartphone (example).
- Jimmy a lock (the old credit card trick).
- Give them away to in-laws.
- Recycle them into colorful Kindle covers.
- Wind chimes for those with sensitive hearing.
- Perfect-sized coasters for shot glasses. (Handy if you were a bookseller.)
- Carefully arrange them into a house of cards. (A nice metaphor of the publishing industry).
- Make a guitar pick (example).
- Save them to prove your faith in the ultimate resurrection of major bookstore chains.
- Make a slingshot (example) and use it to shoot BBs at head shots of Borders management.
- Turn it into a musical instrument (examples, plural).
Do you know of any good uses for the otherwise worthless cards? If so, leave a comment.
P.S. Some of the ideas on this list are my own, while others are from here.
P.P.S. When I googled that last suggestion I found a video that was so impressive that I had to post it here: