60th birthday: 60 great wishes + 6 texts for congratulations
The 60th birthday brings a lot of nice things with it: Maybe there are already a few grandchildren and the well-deserved retirement is not far away. We have compiled sayings, images and texts for you on this joyous occasion, so that your congratulations will be something special.
The 60th birthday is often celebrated especially big. On such an occasion, of course, the congratulations should also be adapted. So your good wishes should fit both the age and individually to the celebrant.
Sayings for the 60th birthday
Use our sayings for short birthday speeches or a drinking toast, write them in greeting cards, on gift tags or send them on WhatsApp as a voicemail, picture or message.
When choosing a card, make sure it fits the birthday boy or girl. If you’re unsure, play it safe with a plain card. We have selected many colorful sayings for you, so you are guaranteed to find the right one.
Beautiful 60th birthday sayings with pictures
The 60th birthday is a good occasion to look back on what you have already accomplished in life.
This review can also be reflected in beautiful sayings. They should particularly emphasize the good sides and great achievements of the newly 60-year-old.
The following sayings are all level and appealingly worded, so you can use them for many of your contacts.
- We are always here to love and support you in everything you want in life. You deserve more great things to happen to you. Happy 60th birthday.
- Sixty years ago, no one knew how much you would enrich the world.
- The future depends on what we do in the present.
- Every decade brings new advantages. It is the art to find them out and enjoy them until the next decade.
- Your satisfaction is based in how you view your life. Shine a light on the things that have made you content in life and appreciate the mistakes that have made you who you are now.
- Sixty, that’s not old, nor is it really young, it’s something in between stop, but still with momentum!
- All the people who have crossed paths with you know how wonderful you are as a person, always thriving to do good and helping others in life. May you enjoy a day that is nothing short of perfect. Happy 60th birthday!
- He who thinks to realize when he is older the hopes and desires of youth is always deceiving himself, for every decade of a man’s life possesses its own kind of happiness, its own hopes and prospects.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- At 60, you need to let go of the past, seize the moment and look forward to the future. It’s never too late to find happiness in your life. Happy birthday!
- At 60, you’ve stayed young at heart. That’s one of the reasons we love you so much.
- You’ve inspired a lot of people through the years and we could only wish for you to achieve the happiness you so clearly deserve. Happy 60th birthday!
- Sixty is just a number. You are still as stunning and as awesome as you’ve always been. Don’t ever change. We love you the way you are. Happy 60th birthday! Wishing you more success and love in life.
- Being 60 means remembering the words to every song from the 70s but forgetting why you walked into the next room.
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young.
- Turning 60 is a blessing. Hope you get lots more. Happy birthday!
Beautiful sayings for the 60th birthday should convey the feeling that the celebrant has made the most of his or her life. In addition, encouragement and wishes for the future are also appropriate, because with 60 life is far from over and finally no melancholy mood should arise.
Short 60th birthday sayings
With short sayings you can easily fill in the space in your birthday card. If you’ve already written your own text but the card still looks a bit empty, just add a short birthday saying and the card will be much nicer to look at.
But they can not only enhance the card. You can also recite them, send them on WhatsApp or write them in a gift tag.
- Sixty years ago, you saw the light of day. I hope you look back on all that time with a smile.
- Fulfilled life is possible in spite of unfulfilled wishes.(Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
- Be happy and always healthy, carefree at every hour; happiness and quite a lot of sunshine shall be granted to you.
- May all your wishes come true because you deserve nothing less than the love you’ve shown us. Happy birthday!
- You made it to 60. Keep going!
- The age is after all just a number.
- Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be.
- I wish that the next years of your life will be as fulfilling and happy as the last 60 have been.
- Today after 60 years of life you shall finally experience: We have always admired you very much and that continues to the hundred.
- Rules for happiness: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for.
- Learn to let go, that is the key to happiness.
- In youth we learn, in age we understand.
(Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- Forget how long you’ve lived. Look at how much you’ve accomplished and how much life lies before you.
- Like a fine wine or a vintage car, your value only increases in years.
- Sixty is the golden age of living life.
Wise sayings for 60th birthday
By the age of 60, the birthday boy or girl will probably have gained some life experience and won’t necessarily need any new wisdom along the way. Nevertheless, a few benevolent words are always nice and possibly confirm the 60-year-old in his worldview.
Wise sayings about aging are also appropriate, but should not be too negative, so as not to jeopardize the good mood of the birthday.
- The happiness of life is not to have few or no difficulties, but to overcome them all victoriously and gloriously.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- Every minute you laugh will extend your life by an hour.
- It’s a privilege to turn sixty. Not everyone is given a chance to do so.
- To live is the rarest thing in the world; most people just exist.
- Moons and years pass by and are gone forever, but a beautiful moment shimmers through life a ray of light.
- Life is like a play; it’s not the length, but the excellence of the acting that matters.
(Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
- With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
- The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune.
- As we grow old, the beauty steals inward.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- After a man passes 60, his mischief is mainly in his head.
- A diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.
- One never notices what has been done, one can only see what remains to be done.
- To get back one’s youth, one has merely to repeat one’s follies.
(Lord Henry in The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde)
- Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
Wise sayings are especially suitable for professional contacts, as they are very stylish, maintain a certain distance and yet not too instructive.
Add a little text of your own and use the saying for inspiration. By writing something else to it, you can also avoid misunderstandings.
Funny 60th birthday sayings
Humorous sayings are usually very popular. Used correctly, they guarantee a good mood, but if you’re not careful, they can spoil the birthday mood of one or the other.
So make sure you’re close enough to the birthday boy or girl that you can come up with a funny 60th birthday saying, and that he or she understands your humor.
- With age comes skills, it’s called "multi-tasking". Now you can laugh, cough, sneeze, fart, and pee all at the same time!
- A man of sixty has spent twenty years in bed and over three years in eating.
- The best part of being sixty, is that you did all your stupid stuff before the internet.
- Forget age. If you can still manage to blow out your birthday candles, everything is dandy.
- The good thing about having a bad memory is that jokes can be funny more than once.
- Those aren’t grey hair you see. They’re strands of birthday glitter growing out of your head.
- Congratulations, you’ve finally reached the wonder years… wonder where your car is parked? Wonder where you left your phone? Wonder where your glasses are? Wonder what day it is?
- You know you’re 60 when you have a party and the neighbours don’t even realize.
- You’re not 60, you’re 20 with 40 years of experience.
- Aging is not for cowards.
(From the U.S.)
- Here’s to a happy 60 years,
And cheers many more.
Who cares that you are greying?
We love you to the core!
- The secrets to eternal youth are to always be honest, eat slowly and lie about your true age.
- Now the kids are finally old enough to take care of themselves, and you’re young enough to hit the ground running again and live your life to the fullest. Have fun with it. Happy 60th Birthday!
- It is so unfair that you manage to wear
Sixty years in a youthful way!
For your healthy glow and the spring in your step
Take many of those years away!
You age almost not with hardly a spot
I can scarcely believe my eyes
Please share how you manage, if only with me,
How you stay both good-looking and wise.
- You know you’re 60 when someone offers you a seat on the bus. And you don’t refuse.
Set the mood with funny sayings on the birthday and say it as a toast or write it in a card.
In addition to a funny saying, however, you should always write a slightly more serious part in the birthday card to duly honor the occasion. Funny sayings are also very suitable for WhatsApp and Co.
Wishing a happy 60th birthday
The 60th birthday is a reason to celebrate: you have experienced a lot and seen a lot and mastered your life well. Some are already looking forward to their well-deserved retirement or are already thinking about what new hobbies or side jobs they might want to do during this time.
Another option is to devote themselves to the grandchildren, sit back and simply enjoy life.
Even though the 60th birthday is a joyous occasion and there is definitely reason to celebrate, many are not exactly pleased about their sixth decade. For this reason, you should always show sensitivity in your 60th birthday congratulations and make sure you don’t hurt any feelings beforehand.
Others can handle their age quite wonderfully. You can certainly put a smile on their face with a funny saying. You can always combine our sayings with classic congratulations. For example:
- I wish you a happy 60th birthday and only the best for the new year of your life.
- Much love, joy and good humor I wish you for your 60th birthday!
- All the love for the 60th cradle festival!
- I wish you much health, happiness and welfare for your new year of life.
- Happy 60th Birthday!
- Have a lovely 60th Birthday!
Texts for the 60th birthday
You should always adapt your sayings to how well you know the birthday boy or girl and what your relationship is.
With your boss, for example, it is less appropriate to write a funny saying in the birthday card. Keep it formal and distant.
With relatives and friends, on the other hand, you can certainly assess well what they are happy about. Here you can also be much more open, warm and relaxed in your choice of words.
We have created some sample texts for you to use as a guide. They will also serve you as inspiration and if you are lucky, they will even fit the birthday girl or boy you want to congratulate exactly.
things wouldn’t be the way they are today if things hadn’t been the way they were then.
You went through a lot with me and still managed your life with flying colors. Our relationship wouldn’t be as strong today if we hadn’t gone through such difficult times back then. You always supported me, were patient, thought of your fellow man and inspired others with your radiant character.
Congratulations on your 60th birthday, and by the way, you don’t look that old at all. You’re a great mom and can be proud of yourself – I certainly am.
Birthday wishes to dad
at 60, things really start to happen, worries small, children big. So celebrate this day, which may bring you only good!
soon you will be approaching your well-deserved retirement, which you have truly earned. I am happy for you and congratulate you on your 60th birthday. You’ve been doing great!
I love you
To your brother or sister
I wish you a very happy 60th birthday today and want to tell you how much you mean to me on this important occasion.
Even though we don’t see each other often, I will always be able to draw on our childhood together, which was made much more beautiful because of you. Even when we had our differences, you were always there. Just knowing that gave me courage and I am just thankful that you exist.
Today is your special day and I wish you only the best for the years to come. Know that I will always love you
Happy 60th birthday to a friend
"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise." (Oscar Wilde)
Believe me, you will come to know the benefits of your birthday today (yes, I know, I won’t say the number). Enjoy this time and look back on all you have accomplished and mastered so far. I’m glad to know you’re by my side and congratulations.
Birthday greetings to an acquaintance
They say people quickly forget each other when they don’t see each other for a while. But I think you only forget those you don’t have in your heart.
I wish you all the best on your 60th birthday. I am happy to be with you today and will always carry you in my heart.
To your boss or a colleague
Depending on your relationship with your boss or colleague, consider addressing him or her by their first name. A good option is also to write a birthday card with all your colleagues and present it together.
Not only does this save everyone the trouble of carefully writing cards, but it’s also much nicer and more impressive to have all your colleagues or co-workers congratulate you together, and you can capture that abundance and strength in one card at a glance.
"One never notices what has been done, one can only see what remains to be done." (Marie Curie)
We are proud of all you have accomplished and thankful for the good cooperation. We sincerely congratulate you on your 60th birthday and look forward to your last years with us.