Happy birthday sister: 55 quotes + 5 tips for your wishes
If you want to please your sister on her birthday, here we have suitable birthday wishes for your sister. With our quotes and tips, you can make your birthday card a real highlight and cherish your sibling love.
Between siblings, you always have a special relationship. You grew up together and probably fought quite a few fights and small wars. Still, you love your sister and surely want your birthday wishes to bring her great joy.
Special birthday wishes for your sister
Regardless of whether you want to tease her a little, make her laugh or move her to tears, we have collected the most beautiful, loving and funny birthday wishes for your sister or sister-in-law.
All you have to do is pick the most beautiful one and immortalize it in your card. You can also use one of our sayings for a birthday message via WhatsApp and Co.
Loving birthday wishes for the sister
Loving birthday wishes are always appreciated. They express gratitude and affection and bring a smile to any birthday girl’s face. Especially close people like family members deserve only the best on their birthday. This includes loving and beautiful birthday sayings.
- Nothing makes me happier than seeing you smile. Wishing you the best birthday yet!
- You were always the best sister in the world and you still are. I wouldn’t trade you for anything – you are a wonderful person and I love you very much. Happy birthday!
- Even though we sometimes argue a lot, there is nothing better than the love of a sister. You can always count on me, sis!
- Siblings are the only people who understand each other without talking to each other. I’m glad you know me so well and always understand me. I love you infinitely, sis!
- Today we celebrate the person who brings so much joy to our lives. Happy birthday, sister.
- You are my best friend, my soulmate, my inspiration and my partner in crime. Happy Birthday!
- When you blow out your candles and make wishes, I hope that they all come true. Happy birthday, sissy.
- Sisters are like angels who lift us up again when our wings have forgotten how to fly!
- Friendships change, partnerships too. Siblings remain forever! Therefore, just like the last few years and those yet to come, I will now wish you a wonderful day!
- You are a piece of my childhood that I will keep forever.
Birthday wishes for your little sister
You’ve watched your little sister grow up and she’s looked up to you. If you’re a big sibling yourself, you probably know the sorrows and joys that come with having a little sister.
But even though little ones can be very stressful at times, especially when the age difference is great, you probably love them anyway.
To brighten up your little sister’s special day with an appropriate birthday wish, here are some lovely sisterly sayings.
- I may be the older sister, but I’ve learned so much from you. Thank you for being an incredible younger sister. Happy birthday!
- Behind every little sister someone messes with, there’s a big sister you better not mess with. So I will always be behind you too, little sister.
- When the candles no longer fit all on the cake, then you realize that you are getting old. But you will always be my little sister.
- I still remember exactly the day when I saw you lying in Mom’s arms for the first time. A little sister was the best gift I could get.
- You are so sweet and adorable. Remember, small failures are stepping stones to success. Never lose your confidence.
- We grew up together and shared everything with each other. On your birthday, let me say that you are the most important woman in my life.
- You’re one of the biggest blessings in my life and I never take it for granted.
- Older siblings: The only people who annoy you, simply because they enjoy it, and still protect you from anyone who tries to do the same. So don’t worry: No one will ever be able to say anything bad to you – except me. Happy Birthday!
- When you mess with a big sister, there’s always a smaller, crazier sister behind her that you don’t want to mess with. I’m glad you always have my back, little sister. Love you!
- I smile every day because I get to be your big sister, and I smile because there’s nothing you can do about it. Happy birthday, little sis!
Happy birthday wishes to your big sister
You look up to your big sister and she has often stood by you with advice and her own experiences.
Even though you may have held – or hold – grudges against her at times, you certainly love her dearly. Show it to her through the following sisterly sayings for big sisters.
- You have always been my great role model, my inspiration, my heroine. I wish you a happy birthday!
- Some people are proud of their car, others of their house or their job. I am proud of my big sister!
- You are one of my biggest inspirations. Wishing you the happiest birthday!
- I am very happy to have you as my big sister. You made my childhood a paradise.
- You are my protector, my mentor and my role model. I couldn’t imagine a better big sister. Happy Birthday!
- You have saved my butt many times, for that I am very grateful, my favorite accomplice!
- How could I forget to congratulate the person who has always been the second mother for me. All the best!
- Luckily I have you, my big sister as a shield from mom and dad’s anger when I’ve done something wrong.
- Big sister, little brother, it has always been like that and so it remains in the next year of life. Happy Birthday!
- I’m so lucky to have a beautiful and kind-hearted sister like you. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
Funny birthday wishes for soul sisters
Siblings are often the first people we fool around with, joking and making each other laugh.
You too may like to tease or annoy your sister – then our funny birthday wishes for your sister and you are just what you need.
- Siblings are the only people in your life who will tease you for their own amusement, but will punish anyone else who tries to do the same at your expense.
- I can’t remember if I’m the good sister or the bad sister. Anyway, happy birthday!
- They say the older you get, the wiser you become. Well, I guess at this point you’re one of the wisest people on earth. Happy Birthday, sister!
- I knew your party would be lit, but with all these candles we may need to call the fire department! Happy birthday.
- I’m really just here for the cake. Oh yeah, happy birthday!
- The smartest, prettiest and dearest sister in the world … wishes you a happy birthday today!
- The best part about being your sister/brother is having a best friend who is almost as wonderful as me. Happy Birthday!
- I could write countless songs and poems about your grace and elegance, but our parents taught us to always be honest.
- Because it’s your birthday, I’ll let you eat the first slice. Happy birthday, sis!
- You are the person who can make me laugh the best. Just seeing your face is enough to make me do that. Happy birthday, dear sister!
Short birthday wishes for your sister or sister-in-law
Maybe you’ll see her the same day anyway, maybe the card is already full, or maybe you’d rather write the saying on a cake. There are many reasons for which short birthday wishes are useful.
- A sister like you is a gift from heaven and a blessing to the family.
- If I could choose the best sister in the world, I would choose you!
- Who needs a superhero when you have a sister?
- Without you, my childhood would not have been the same. You are the best sister!
- Wishing the best sister in the world a happy birthday.
- I love you to the moon and back. Happy birthday!
- I’m so proud to call you my sister. Happy birthday!
- One year older, don’t be mad. You’re only getting more mature, more interesting, and smarter.
- Siblings are meant to laugh, share and wipe each other’s tears away together.
- Happy birthday to the most wonderful sister in the world!
Beautiful quotes about family and siblings
For many people, family is a safe haven and parents and siblings are the most important people in their lives.
If you want to tell your sister about the importance of family to you on her birthday, you can use one of the following quotes.
- "Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply."
- "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet."
- "The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other."
- "For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands."
- "A happy family is but an earlier heaven."
(George Bernard Shaw)
Tips for birthday wishes for your beautiful sister
For many, sisters are both best friends and allies. They always have an open ear for us and understand us better than most. To help you put a smile on your sister’s face with your happy birthday wishes, here are a few tips.
Integrate personal words
Writing a personal message is always a good idea. You probably know your sister and her characteristics and interests very well.
If you refer to this in your birthday wishes for your sister, you can be sure that your words will be unique to her. You can also personalize the birthday card in which you write your text.
Instead of a purchased card, you can, for example, make it yourself or embellish it with your own drawings. Of course, the design will also depend on your sister’s age and personality.
Capture shared memories
There are few people with whom you share as many common memories as with your sister. After all, you probably spent your entire childhood together.
If she’s older than you, you’ve known her since birth. If she was born after you were already in the world, you watched her grow up and can probably tell many a funny anecdote.
Why don’t you bring that into your congratulations, too? Maybe you have funny or beautiful photos together, one or more of which you can print out and paste into the card.
Write a short text about it with "Remember when we…" and she will surely be very happy about it.
Describe your relationship
Another creative idea is to elaborate on your relationship and make the birthday wishes for your sister so individual and emotional. Share with her what she means to you. Especially if you are particularly close and share a close bond, you are sure to make her very happy this way.
If you rarely see each other, perhaps live far apart, or everyday life simply does not allow regular meetings, such words are just as important and touching. You can let your sister know that, despite your distance, you are always there for her and she need not feel alone.
Cute nicknames are also a loving and sometimes fun way to lighten up your own birthday wishes for your sister a bit and address her personally.
Among siblings, many have once again different nicknames than those given to one by friends or parents. Be it a simple "sis" or "sister-heart" or even something completely different that only she understands. Maybe you already have something in mind.
So if you like, just connect our birthday greetings for your sister with a loving or funny nickname.
Gift ideas for your sister
Actually, you know your sister best and know what she is happy about. Only you probably already give each other gifts for very many years. Since one can also sometimes run out of ideas. Some siblings therefore even agree among themselves not to give each other any presents at all;
Since you grew up with her, you of all people should be the person who knows her tastes and interests best. So how about her favorite chocolate, her favorite wine or a piece of jewelry from her favorite jeweler?
Other gift ideas that always go down well are joint ventures such as short vacations, weekend trips, concert visits, or simply an evening of cooking together.
DIYs or photo gifts add a personal touch and show that you put effort into your gift. If you make the gift yourself, you can also customize it to your sister’s exact features and preferences, using her favorite colors, for example.