Happy birthday wishes for your daughter: 60 sayings + 8 tips
Are you looking for beautiful birthday wishes for your daughter that are just right for her? Then you’ve come to the right place. We give you tips on what to consider when writing and have created a wide selection of quotes, wishes and messages with which you can make your daughter happy.
Birthday wishes for your daughter are very special. After all, you have watched your child grow up from birth and have accompanied and supported her through all of life’s important decisions and big steps.
In the process, you’ll witness your daughter develop from a baby into a young, independent woman who goes her own way. Whether she’s still a child or already an adult, each successive year of life is wonderful to witness.
Beautiful quotes as birthday wishes for your daughter
In this chapter, you will find a wide variety of birthday wishes for your daughter, no matter what age she is. From funny and unique quotes to touching and short messages, there is certainly something for everyone.
Inspirational birthday wishes for your daughter or daughter-in-law
Of course, not every birthday wish can be applied to every daughter. Apart from the fact that every woman has different characteristics, desires and ideals that cannot be generalized, age also plays a major role.
A five-year-old can barely read and probably won’t be particularly enthusiastic about a long, emotional text. A ten-year-old may find an affectionate or funny saying quite nice. Teenagers, on the other hand, often just don’t want their parents to be too embarrassing or gushy.
For adult daughters, personal messages, perhaps combined with a clever or touching saying, are something special.
In addition, the age is usually related to whether the daughter still lives with you under the same roof or if she has already moved out and perhaps lives far away.
Birthday wishes for younger
Your daughter is still a child and you want to please her with a card for her present?
Don’t get bogged down in too long, rambling texts (unless, of course, you know for sure that she would like it). Especially with young children, the gift is often far more interesting than the enclosed card.
- Today I am wishing my lovely daughter, the apple of my eye, the very best birthday!
I hope that life always brings you happiness, just as you deserve. You are the sweetest, kindest, most caring young person I know, and I am so proud and lucky to be able to call you my daughter!
Sending you all my love on your special day this year, my dear!
Kisses from mom!
- Love, happiness and sunshine shall always be your companions.
To be happy requires little and he who is happy is a king!
Happy birthday, my darling!
- Dear daughter, dear child!
Great that we are together today!
Here are a few birthday wishes:
We wish you much happiness and courage and blessings,
on all your future paths!
- Wishing my sweetheart, a very happy birthday. I love you more than you’ll ever know.
- Forget all the reasons why you might fail and focus on the reason why you can do it. We wish you every success for the new year of your life. Happy birthday!
- Believe in yourself, follow your heart and trust in your strengths. Enjoy the small moments on this beautiful day. We wish you a happy birthday.
- You have been in the world for [age] years now – and I think that you like it here. You have fun, you dance and laugh a lot, today is your day and I congratulate you! Happy [age] birthday, dear [name].
- Happy birthday to the one who makes me see life in full color! You add sparkle and pizzazz to everything and today we celebrate the fun firecracker that you are!
- We congratulate with cake, games and gifts,
because we all think of you on your birthday!
- Daughter, on this very special
milestone birthday of yours,
we have only the best and
most heartfelt wishes for you.
May it open the door to a
bright future that awaits you.
Happy 18th birthday from your incredibly proud parents.
Birthday wishes for adult daughters
Classic birthday wishes, however, are also always a nice way to congratulate someone. You’ll find a colorful selection of everything here.
- I admire the strong, independent woman you’ve become. Happy birthday!
- "God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well."
- "Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years."
- No matter how old you are, you will always be our little princess for us. We wish you a wonderful day!
- Dear [name], we are proud of you and wish you only the best for your new year of life. We love you, mom and dad.
- What a beautiful gift we had on a day like this [age] years ago! It was the best day of our lives, because it was your birthday. All the best, my dear, we wish you to be always very happy and satisfied.
- "Don’t just count your years, make your years count."
- "Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time."
- You’re my biggest inspiration. Happy birthday, dear!
- We are proud of what a beautiful, smart and self-confident young woman our daughter has become. We wish you health, happiness and cheerfulness in all your future ways. Happy Birthday!
Birthday wishes from mother to daughter
As a mother, your relationship with your daughter is especially deep and intimate. You carried her in your womb for nine months and brought her into the world.
Now you’re watching her grow up, become more adult and independent. She may even be a mother herself.
It’s understandable that there should be especially nice wishes for her birthday.
- God gave me a great test to be your mother and guide you on the right path. I think I did not do so badly, because the result is you, a beautiful woman, [special character traits]. I wish you a happy birthday, dear, and I wish you a nice day.
- There’s so much about you that I love. From your warm smile to your kind heart. You’re truly a gem. Happy birthday, baby girl!
- I still remember exactly the [date of birth], the day you were born. It was the most beautiful day in my life and I am incredibly grateful that you were given to me. Happy birthday!
- A mother’s love knows no boundaries. You are the most important person in my life. I wish you a happy birthday, my darling.
- Birthday greetings for my daughter: you know what makes me happy? – Read the first word again.
- Birthday glow and candlelight – shining shall your day so bright. I hug you tightly from afar, because I really like my like star!
- "For when a child is born the mother also is born again."
- My beloved little daughter,
may your birthday be glorious!
All shall think of you
and give you their love.
- Wishing the very best birthday to
my gorgeous daughter today!
I hope your day is filled with nothing
but happiness and good times!
You deserve the world, my dear,
and today I hope you get that!
My best wishes and lots of kisses
to you, my darling daughter!
- Birthdays make my mother heart realize how quickly time passes and how quickly my little angel has grown into a great woman. I wish you all the best and a beautiful day.
Happy birthday from father to daughter
Fathers in particular often see their daughter as their little princess, whom they want to protect for all the world. Mostly the age does not play a role.
Of course, many of the sayings from the mother can also be used by fathers and vice versa.
- No matter how many years pass, you can be sure that you will always be my little girl. I hope you enjoy your special day. Happy birthday to you.
- My precious princess, today you turn
one year older and more magnificent
than ever. Happy birthday to you!
I couldn’t ask for a more wonderful
or more perfect girl than you; you
truly are everything a father could
wish for in a daughter.
- The little girls are carried on the arm, the big ones on hands. You are my everything, princess. All the best and happy birthday!
- "There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings."
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
The more you grow, the more I have to loosen the roots and give you the wings to go your own way. I am glad to have you as my daughter. Happy birthday, my angel.
- "Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go."
- When I look at you, I see a remarkable woman who doesn’t let anything get in the way of her dreams. You’re truly an inspiration. I hope you enjoy your special day to the fullest!
- You are the most beautiful gift I have ever received. I wish my wonderful daughter a wonderful day and happy birthday!
- My dear angel, I wish you all the best, the most beautiful experiences, the greatest friends and that all your wishes come true. Happy birthday wishesfrom your dad!
- Daughters are like flowers; blooming beauties that make life colorful and dazzling. You have made my life colorful and dazzling. So I give you this bouquet for your birthday and wish you a wonderful day. Happy birthday!
- With every birthday my little princess grows up. I am very proud of you and wish you all the love and good for the new year of life.
Touching birthday wishes for your daughter
Many people like to tell their loved ones how much they love them in the most emotional, touching way possible. If then a few tears flow with happiness and emotion, the goal is fulfilled.
- "Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
- The laughter of children is the fuel of the family. Without you and your magical laughter, our world would be much quieter. We are lucky to have you. Happy birthday to you.
- "There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings."
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Where children are, there is the golden age."
We are very proud of you and wish you a wonderful day today. Happy birthday!
- Friendships change. Lovers too. Parents (/family) remain(s) forever!
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
At your birth, my joy was so infinite because of my love for you. From that moment on, you were my life’s mission.
- Each experience makes you richer, each year of life a little wiser. Use this treasure to find out what you want out of life. It’s never too late to rediscover yourself and become who you want to be. In each of these steps I will stand by you, give you strength and hold your hand when you need me. Because you are a wonderful person and I am glad you are my daughter.
- "The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it."
One of the reasons we want to fight for this world is you. Happy birthday!
- "Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
(George Bernard Shaw)
- The first thing a person finds in life, the last thing he reaches out for, the most precious thing he owns in life is family. If you ever get stuck, always remember that. I wish you all the love and happy birthday!
Funny quotes for your daughter’s birthday
If you don’t like it emotional or don’t want to see tears on birthdays, you might want to elicit laughter from your daughter with a funny quote. You can, of course, spice up your card with a joke.
- A little birthday poem: I’m old, you’re not yet.
- You’re like a fine wine: the older you get, the better you’ll be.
- Wow, we’re starting to run out of space on the cake with all these candles! You’re catching up to me. Happy birthday!
- Seriously, finding a gift for you gets harder and harder every year. This year I’ve finally found the best one yet: hugs and kisses. Happy birthday!
- I suppose it’s too late to return you to the stork, right? OK, I guess I’ll keep you! Happy birthday!
- All the best for your birthday. Without you it would be like if you were not here.
- I also want to express my appreciation to you on the anniversary of your delivery.
- "You’re not old until the mayor wishes you a happy birthday." Until then, you still have a lot of birthdays ahead of you, which we want to celebrate with you. Happy birthday and all the best!
- I wouldn’t trade you for the world. Well, maybe if the price is right! At any rate, happy birthday, daughter!
- As a thank you for all those sleepless nights I had when you were a baby, I think I’ll take up drumming and stay at your place for a week! Happy birthday!
Gift ideas for your daughter
Besides your saying for your birthday card, you might be missing an idea of what to give your daughter.
On the one hand, you can bake her a delicious cake, of course. When you visit her on her special day, you can bring it right away and you can eat it together.
Adult daughters in particular are often wishfully happy. They earn their own money and use it to buy themselves the things they want. If your daughter doesn’t wish for anything material, the choice then often falls on monetary gifts. Simply putting a banknote in the card, however, is quite impersonal and uncharitable.
Many people are especially happy to spend time together with their loved ones. Especially if the child lives further away from you and you see each other less often, a surprise visit is certainly a particularly nice gift.
Of course, you can also do something together, go to a restaurant or plan an excursion. There are no limits to your freedom and creativity.
Since you, as a parent, probably know your daughter very well and are always aware of what is going on in her life, you can also adapt your gifts to her current circumstances.
Did she just move out or move? Give her a pretty plant or other decorative or home decor items. She just had a baby? Give her something she can use as a new mom.
Maybe our suggestions have inspired you for more ideas. But as long as your gift and birthday card for your daughter come from the heart, she’ll be happy for sure.
Tips for a happy birthday to your daughter
Your daughter’s birthday is an important day for you, too. After all, you gave her life.
Most parents have a deep bond with their daughter. She is their angel, their princess, their treasure. You will probably be very proud of her and want to let her know that on her very special day.
Of course, the birthday text will depend on whether you will see each other in person that day. Maybe the card is just a small addition to the gift or maybe your daughter lives far away and you have to send the letter by mail.
Compose a personal text
A personal text is always special and emotional. After all, it addresses your daughter personally and privately only.
If you can congratulate her personally on the day and perhaps even spend the whole day with her, a short saying is usually enough. Everything else you can tell her personally.
If she has already moved out and lives far away, so you can’t see each other on her birthday, a text like this is a very special gift. You can use it to let your daughter know that you are thinking of her on this special day and that you will always be there for her.
However, it can be very challenging to get the right words and feelings across. If you’re having a hard time coming up with such a text, you can find some ideas in this article.
Basically, put your relationship in the foreground and show her that you are there for her. The more emotions you can express with your text, the more touching and emotional it will be for your daughter.
Integrate shared memories
No one knows your daughter as well and for as long as you do. After all, you were there when she was born, changed her diapers, took her to school, and by now you may have celebrated her graduation. You may have even witnessed her getting married and giving you your first grandchildren.
Reminisce about those times, highlighting special qualities and passions of hers. If you like, you can also share a few anecdotes from her childhood. Still, don’t lose the reference to her birthday. For example, mention the reason why you want to remember this story on her special day.
Relate to events in the future
Many well-wishers refer to the coming year of life in their letters and messages. Perhaps your daughter will soon graduate from college, get married, change schools, or experience some other special event.
You can wish her luck with that, assure her of your support, and talk her into courage. Parents' support and encouragement is especially important with younger women. They are especially helpful when it comes to taking big steps and making important decisions.
Show her how proud you are of her
Praise from parents is also valuable. Maybe your daughter has just experienced something special, made great strides in her senior year, or had a tough time. Again, you can encourage her or let her know how proud you are of her and what she means to you.
What you should consider
Depending on what you want to write, you should consider who else might get to see the card. For example, if your daughter lives in a shared apartment, her roommates might want to read along. At this point, embarrassing childhood stories might make her uncomfortable. The same goes for large family gatherings or parties.
The letter technique
A creative and at the same time personal idea that you can use for your greeting card is the so-called letter technique. Here you use the letters of your daughter’s first name as the initial letters for adjectives or short sentences.
Here are two examples for you:
L – loyal
E – empathic
N – nice
A – adorable
S – Smiling like the sun.
A – Adventurous and curious.
R – Realistic and determined.
A – Always a good listener.
H – Have a wonderful day!
Alternatively, you can use the letters of other relevant words, such as "cake" or "balloon". With this method, there are no limits to your creativity.
You can go wild and come up with your own unique message for your daughter. Maybe you can also relate the word you want to use to your gift for her.