Morning Coffee – 19 October 2020
Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- There’s a library in Indianapolis whose street signage says "Librarey".
- Even the legal profession has switched to a single space after a period.
- The UK’s new digital services tax backfired, and will mostly help the large tech companies it was intended to target.
- Teleread’s Chris Meadows died on Tuesday.
- Quebec libraries have more than doubled their ebook buying this year.
Disgusting Dude October 19, 2020 um 5:50 pm
About the UK digital tax:
Do those guys think companies are going to lay down meekly?
Of course tbey’re going to pass on any taxes to their customers!
That exactly what Microsoft did when the EU fined them hundreds of billions. They rIsed prices 10%! Permanently!
They ended up ahead.
Allen F October 24, 2020 um 12:17 am
UK idiots. Taxes are always passed on.
There is no law/rule they can create that won’t in some way impact/hurt their own businesses more than it will Amazon – not that the idiots won’t keep trying …