News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- Hugo Awards finalists live in runup to Worldcon 77
- TeleRead to attend Worldcon 77 in Dublin
- Ryk Spoor’s ‘Shadows of Hyperion’ book Kickstarter fully funds with 2 days to spare
- iPad and iPhone joy! Mouse use, better speech rec and fonts from app store apparently ahead
- Amazon introduces new Fire 7 model with 16 GB storage
- SPCK Publishing Recalls Copy-Cat Book Cover and Apologizes; Will Reprint with New Cover
- Amazon to Develop Jack Reacher Series
- CBS and Viacom Said to Look at August 8 -- Earnings Day -- As Deadline for Merger Plans
- Hiller and Tudor Top ITW Thriller Award Winners
- Senator Chris Murphy's Violence Inside Us: A Brief History of an Ongoing American Tragedy to Publish In January 2020 From Random House
- Hay Festival in Mexico Led by Michael Ondaatje, Juan Manuel Santos
- Industry Notes: Chronicle Books, in Its UK Partnership, Names Inez Munsch as MD
- Switzerland’s getAbstract: Nonfiction Summaries, by Permission
- Translation Rights: Sheikh Zayed Book Award Signs Three-Language Al Muhairi Deal
- Agent Rosemary Stimola: Selling Rights to New Hunger Games Book
- CLEARink says it has over $300 million in confirmed e-paper order commitments
- Ynvisible to acquire Sweden-based Consensum, a printed electronics contract manufacturer
- E Ink Holdings returns to profitablity, sees strong demad to e-reader, e-notebooks and ESL displays
- Visionect updates its Joan E Ink meeting room platforms
- E-Ink-info launches new marketing and advertisement opportunities for display companies!