News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- Appeals court panel tells ReDigi ‘no sale’
- Why Valve’s Artifact CCG’s digital resale model wouldn’t work for ebooks
- What ‘Miracle on 34th Street’ says about customer service
- Anna Todd’s Wattpad fanfic leads to publishing, movie deals
- Ouch! Libby library app won’t officially run on Fires, export notes or let phone volume buttons ‘turn’ book pages
- The AP's Year in Books and Publishing: New Voices, More MeToo, Politics and More
- "Mortal Engines" Movie Version Is Box Office Failure
- Amazon Reckons With Heavy, Inexpensive "CRaP" ("Can't Realize a Profit") Goods
- James Wood's Four Books That Should Have Gotten More Attention
- The Boston Globe's Best Books Package
- IPR License Signs S. Fischer Publishing Houses in Germany to Its Network
- LIMA’s Tani Wong at Singapore’s StoryDrive on Leveraging Content Through Licensing
- 2018 in Review at Canada’s Wattpad: 51 Percent More Readings in Muslim Romance
- Publishers Applaud Appeals Court Opinion in ‘Capitol Records v. ReDigi’ Copyright Case
- Amazon Literary Partnership Is Accepting 2019 Applications in ‘A Writer’s Life Cycle’
- E Ink introduces its new JustWrite digital paper film
- Ford awards Soofa with $50,000 to deploy its E Ink signs in Miram-Date, Florida
- A new guide to promising perovskite materials: The Perovskite Handbook
- Trapeze to integrate Papercast's e-paper display technology into its operations control system
- EIH reports strong demand for electronic shelf label, e-reader and signage displays