News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- Mueller Report ebook news roundup
- Tor Ebook Club gives away Cory Doctorow’s ‘Walkaway’ through midnight April 20
- Free PDF of Mueller Report now online; ebooks from B&N, others on the way
- French officials label Internet Archive public-domain content ‘terrorist’
- Scary legalese and the content clause: Don’t be afraid of the license grant!
- Abandoned, Incomplete "Philosophical Statement," A Clockwork Condition, Found In Anthony Burgess's Papers
- Nora Roberts Sues Brazilian Writer Cristiane Serruya For Plagiarism
- One of the Cats at Wild Rumpus Bookstore, Walter Dean, Has Gone AWOL
- CBS Is Unable or Unwilling to Hire A Standing CEO At Least Until End of 2019, Presumably As Viacom Talks Continue
- Leonard Lauder, 86, Said to be "Working On A Book" About His Life, Represented by Bob Barnett
- Sharjah Becomes UNESCO’s World Book Capital With a ‘Scheherazade’ Stage Premiere
- ‘Author-Driven’ German-Norwegian Literature Festival in Oslo This Week
- Hoda Barakat Is Second Woman To Win International Prize for Arabic Fiction
- Wattpad in Asia: Singapore’s Mediacorp at APOS; Manila’s Pasion-Flores at Anvil
- The Zayed Book Award’s Cultural Personalities 2019: Bridging Classical and Modern Arabic
- Papercast announces new E Ink displays with a fast 7.5 fps refresh rate
- Yotaphone, the maker of the dual-screen OLED and E Ink smartphone is bankcrupt
- Avalue launches its E Ink healthcare solutions suite
- Auckland Airport installs Visionect's E Ink public transit signage
- E Ink Holdings reports a 25.5% increase in net profits in 2018