News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- Four publishers file suit against the Internet Archive over its Open Library
- The Internet Archive’s ‘National Emergency Library’ expands on Open Library’s copyright violations
- Coronavirus ebook news roundup
- Library ebook use, paper book sales up despite library, bookstore closures for corona lockdown
- Librarians, publishers, performers use fair use to liven up virus isolation
- NBCC Board President Laurie Hertzel Resigns: "A failure of confidence in the sanctity of the process makes proceeding impossible"
- Meanwhile, White House Says Printed Version of Bolton's Book Has Classified Info, Will Provide Redacted Version June 19
- Bolton May Not Have Government Approval But He "Worked in cooperation with the NSC to incorporate changes"
- J.K. Rowling Writes about Her Reasons for Speaking out on Sex and Gender Issues
- Five Months Behind Schedule, KKR Completes Acquisition of Overdrive
- Led By Donald Trump Books and Race Issues: Summertime US Nonfiction Heats Up
- David Abulafia’s ‘Human History of the Oceans’ Wins £40,000 Wolfson Prize
- Midas PR’s Steven Williams and Tony Mulliken To Retire, Handing Off to Jason Bartholomew
- Frankfurt’s Guest of Honor Norway: 510 Norwegian Titles in Germany
- ‘From Author to Bookshop’: The IPA Takes Stock of the Coronavirus’ Impact
- Ynvisible and Evonik integrate printable displays and batteries in a single production step
- EIH posts its highest quarterly profit in 9 years
- EIH to integrate Energous' wireless charging technology in future IoT EPD displays
- Ynvisible raises $1 million, acquires electrochromic display developer rdot
- ePaper displays in 2020 - a market snapshot
- Internet Archive Shuts Down Free eBook Program Due To Lawsuits
- Why your skin colour could decide how much a publisher will pay you
- Arlington’s Sarah Kamya spearheads Little Free Diverse Library Project to amplify Black voices through books
- I was fortunate to have been part of TSR, Inc as we popularized...
- Oleanna Chris Silas Neal