News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- New waterproof Kindle Paperwhite with brighter six-inch screen: You can pre-order today
- Finding new Carnegies for libraries: Free NISO PowerPoint from LibraryEndowment.org
- October Windows 10 update may delete your files unless you take precautions
- The Kobo Forma: First Impressions
- Kobo Oasis rival: Forma has 8″ screen and easy-on-the-eye backlight. More rugged.
- Midnight Ink to Close After Spring/Summer 2019 Season
- Knopf Celebrates Managing Editor Kathy Hourigan's 55th Year At the Company, and So Does NYT
- Stephen Hawking's Brief Answer: "There is no God. No one directs the universe."
- Complaining Agents Now Understand New Frankfurt Rights Center Location Was the Only Choice During Construction
- Waterstones to Open Two New Small Bookstores
- Industry Notes: IPA Election Results; McIntosh Combines Crown and Random House
- Ticket to Bologna: Daniel Hahn Announces Editors’ Translation Trip
- Russian Market Book Sales Channels: Proponents of Both Online Retail and Off
- ‘Words Without Borders’ October: India’s Dalit Literature in Hindi
- Serial Box Gets the Jump on Halloween Friday With a Free ‘Exquisite Corpse’ Series
- NTT DoCoMo Card Keitai
- Amazon shuts down Liquavista, the technology future is unclear
- Waveshare now offers 7.5" E Ink displays for Raspberry Pi
- Visionect interviews Russ Wilcox founder and former CEO of E Ink
- ynvisible ramps up its in-house display production as the company aims to see its displays in the IOT market by 2019