News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- New ereader devices: wishes and openness
- Is Macmillan justified in windowing new-release library ebooks?
- Toxic for libraries? KKR investment firm to buy OverDrive, biggest library ebook company
- Agency pricing, antitrust, and the stagnation of the ebook market
- The Paramount anti-trust phase-out’s implications for modern media, and e-books
- Lee Child Will Retire As His Brother Andrew Grant Takes Over Jack Reacher Series (And Changes His Name to Andrew Child)
- Layoffs at ViacomCBS Said to Have Started On Wednesday
- SlideShare Has Become "A Vast Emporium for Pirated e-Books"
- After A Year In Development, Amazon Greenlights Jack Reacher Streaming Series
- McNally Jackson Store In Downtown Brooklyn Plans February Opening
- China’s Book Market: A 2019 Update From the OpenBook Beijing Conference
- London Book and Screen Week 2020: For Writers and Watchers of Television
- NPD: ‘A Decade of Personal Exploration’ Ahead in US Self-Help Books
- US National Endowment for the Arts: $1.2 Million in Translation, Creative Writing Fellowships
- Political Writings: The UK’s Parliamentary Book Awards Announce Delayed 2019 Shortlists
- AutocorrectMcSWEENEY’S:DANTE’S NINE CIRCLES OF HELL, REIMAGINED FOR LINGUISTIC...
- Baltimore knows its Poe House is a treasure, but now it’s officially Maryland’s first ‘Literary...
- PROPOSED BOOK BANNING BILL IN MISSOURI COULD IMPRISON LIBRARIANSBill would allow review boards to...
- Cultivating empathy with comics
- upennmanuscripts: Manuscript Monday: LJS 280 – Decretales...