News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- Tor Ebook Club gives away Cory Doctorow’s ‘Walkaway’ through midnight April 20
- Free PDF of Mueller Report now online; ebooks from B&N, others on the way
- French officials label Internet Archive public-domain content ‘terrorist’
- Scary legalese and the content clause: Don’t be afraid of the license grant!
- Audible to give away 12 million audiobooks to settle class action lawsuit
- Finally A Use for the Espresso Book Machine: Harvard Book Store Is Printing and Selling Copies of the Mueller Report
- CEO of ABA Member Hudson News James Cohen Said to be Buying National Enquirer for $100 Million
- Nook Will Provide Free Download of The Mueller Report
- Casey Cep's Forthcoming Debut Furious Hours Is the Latest Books-a-Million President's Pick
- Big European Printer Circle Media Group Files for Bankruptcy For Their Dutch Printing Companies
- Words Without Borders April: To Read ‘Within a Tradition’
- Industry Notes: S&S To Launch Tiller Press; Canada’s Transatlantic Lands UK’s Legend Press
- AAP’s StatShot Sees Adult Trade Up in February, Digital Audio Again Surges
- Books to Film: Sony Pictures Television Partners With Wattpad on Original Programming
- Sharjah Children’s Reading Festival: ‘Making Reading a Lifelong Habit’