News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- Does Amazon’s Retreat from New York Signal the End of Corporate Subsidies?
- Hack of Email Provider Destroys Servers and Two Decades of Data
- The Eyes, the Voice, the Face, the Silver Hair
- Dick Francis: a Crime Reader’s Guide to the Classics
- Amazon Reportedly Has Lord of the Rings Writers in a Locked Office with a Guard and Fingerprint Scanner
- Morning Coffee – 22 February 2019
- Could The Movie “Yesterday” be Based on the Book “Enormity”? (Maybe, but Probably Not)
- What If English Were Phonetically Consistent? (video)
- Morning Coffee – 20 February 2018
- Scam PSA: “Main Street Web Pros” Tried to Con Me Into Paying Them For Nonexistent Hosting Services
- Librarian Keith Gatling loves ebooks: Here’s how he uses them: Part 2 of two-parter
- I have a very liberal friend who I found is very prejudiced: Part 1 of series
- Do e-ink readers need to be more like paper?
- EU finishes writing controversial new ‘meme ban’ Copyright Directive
- Jeff Bezos vs. The National Enquirer: ‘Publish and be damned’
- At Landmarks Hearing, Strand Asks for "Conservation Easement" on Facade Instead but Commissioner Is Dubious
- NYT Prominently Flags "Update" That Mallory's Outline Was Written Before Sarah Denzil Began Similar Book
- Though the Guardian Already Broke McCabe Book Embargo, Advance 60 Minutes Remarks Draw Attention
- Amazon Will Not Build Headquarters in NYC Due to Local Opposition
- Mallory's The Woman in the Window Called "Strikingly Similar" to Denzil's Saving April
- Russian Book Publishers Say Paper Costs, High Inventories, Are Limiting Production
- National Book Foundation’s Spring ‘NBF Presents’ Season: Expanded Programming
- Heath Agency’s Prema Raj Wins Second DRF David Miller Bursary
- Interview: Jessica Sänger on Weighing the EU’s Copyright Directive After Trilogue
- Industry Notes: Podcasts at London Book Fair; Pew Research on Smartphones