News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- Automatically generating every melody probably won’t solve music plagiarism litigation
- SCP Foundation under legal threat by Russian troll
- New ereader devices: wishes and openness
- Is Macmillan justified in windowing new-release library ebooks?
- Toxic for libraries? KKR investment firm to buy OverDrive, biggest library ebook company
- The Audiobook of Lucy Ellmann's Ducks, Newburyport Runs Over 45 Hours
- With "Inclusive Access" Now At Hundreds of Colleges, Explaining That Means Students Are Billed for Digital Textbooks Unless They Figure Out How to Opt Out
- Smithsonian Releases 2.8 Million Images On A Free, Open Access, Creative Commons Zero Platform -- With More to Come From Their 155 Million Items
- Daunt Says It's Harder, But Better, for Waterstones to Pay Experienced Staff A Little More, and Leave The Lowest Paid Below A Living Wage
- Tales of Beedle the Bard Releasing As Audible Exclusive Audiobook
- S&S and Ingram Cancel: COVID-19 Concerns Mount for London Book Fair
- PublisHer’s ‘Remarkable First Year’: Bodour Al Qasimi Reflects on the Success
- Carmen Bambach’s ‘Definitive’ Leonardo Study Wins AAP’s 2020 Hawkins Award
- The Sheikh Zayed Book Award 2020: Shortlists and a London Book Fair Event
- Sharjah at London Book Fair: The 2020 Market Focus
- AN AUTONOMOUS ROBOT THAT ENSURES THE ONLY THING YOU DO IN A BOOKSTORE IS READ
- Cause a new hardcover is still cheaper than a popcorn and a...
- macrolit:Today at macrolit.books IG: Have you seen this series...
- Mindshare deploys private marketplace to drive media dollars to LGBTQ publishers
- Latinx in Publishing Debuts Writers Mentorship Program