News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- The Internet Archive’s ‘National Emergency Library’ expands on Open Library’s copyright violations
- Coronavirus ebook news roundup
- Library ebook use, paper book sales up despite library, bookstore closures for corona lockdown
- Librarians, publishers, performers use fair use to liven up virus isolation
- Book distributor Ingram continues to operate during coronavirus shutdowns…but should it?
- Hugo Awards Finalists Named
- Pulitzer Board Postpones Prize Announcements from April 20 to May 4
- Building On His Unremarkable Book The Briefing, Dancing with the Stars Contestant Sean Spicer to Publish New Trump Promo Book On October 13
- Storytel Added Over 70k Customers In the Quarter, Saw "More Than a Doubling" of Enrollments In Last Two Weeks of March
- Diamond Proposes Paying Publishers 25 Percent of What's Owed For Six Weeks
- Spain’s PRH Grupo Editorial Runs a D2C Promotion for Bookstores
- Coronavirus Updates: German-Language US Neue Literatur Fest Canceled
- The UAE’s Sheikh Zayed Book Award Names 2020 Winners
- BookCon, Still Planned for July, Announces a Virtual ‘Read-a-Thon’
- Federation of European Publishers: ‘How Terribly Our Sector Has Been Hit’
- Printed Electrochromics boldly goes where no display has gone before
- EIH expects a small increase in revenues this quarter as demand for e-readers and ESLs increase
- Ynvisible and NXN launches new electrochromic ink colors for Ynvisible's displays
- How Dasung's E Ink monitor assists a Syndome Triple-A patient
- Waveshare announces a 4.2" and 7.5" NFC-powered E Ink devices