Open Road to Launch New Ebook Imprint
The digital publisher Open Road Media has just announced that the launch of Iconic eBooks.
Erica Jong’s Fear of Flying will be the first title released under the new imprint, with The Color Purple by Alice Walker following soon after. Open Road also plan to rebrand a number of its current eBooks under the new imprint, including: Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater, The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy, Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George, Sophie’s Choice by William Styron, and several classic titles.
All the ebooks will be available on worldwide, multiple platforms. Fear of Flying was released today with a new cover and an illustrated biography featuring never-before-seen photos. Open Road CEO Jane Friedman said: “A core mission of Open Road is to bring many of the most influential and acclaimed books to 'e' to connect them once again with readers. Erica Jong’s Fear of Flying fits this bill perfectly as it absolutely transformed parts of our culture."
The complete list of ebooks for Iconic eBooks are:
- Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater
- The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
- The Moviegoer by Walker Percy
- Sophie’s Choice by William Styron
- Candy by Terry Southern
- Exodus by Leon Uris
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
- Chaos: Making a New Science by James Gleick
- From Here to Eternity by James Jones