103 Quotes and Prayers about Healing & 3 Tips for the Use
Healing is different for everyone, and it happens in different ways for many. Some thrive through conventional means, and some put their faith into prayers and spiritual means of healing.
Prayers are more than words. They embody beliefs, trust and connection to god or a higher being.
These can touch an individual physically, spiritually and emotionally, but they all are meant to be conducive to healing. Read on to find quotes, verses and tips on practicing these methods to help you on your journey.
Inspiring Healing Quotes, Prayers and Verses
Finding inspiration and a path to healing through quotes, prayers and verses can be rewarding and helps to build faith and connection to that which cannot be grasped by mere touch.
That faith and connection and help in times of weakness and pain or when encouragement and strength is required to overcome adversity and negative thoughts. We have prepared quotes, prayers and verses for each situation that will support you in your healing.
Quotes and Prayers for Healing
Need some powerful prayer for healing, whether for self-healing or a short prayer for healing and recovery for someone? Then you’re on the right page. We all know prayers can help us overcome a myriad of difficult situations.
But prayers are more than the words we read or utter in times of need. It’s all about building a connection with God. And prayer is one of the ways.
So if you, your friend, family, or loved ones are currently sick and need healing, whether physical, spiritual, or emotional healing, here are our prayers for healing; you can read and pray for them today.
- Lord. You know the pain I’m carrying. Please deliver and heal me as you are the only one who can.
- I pray to God that may He heal you and make way for you where everything seems impossible.
- Oh God, we humbly come before you. Please come beside us and heal us from inside and outside.
- Dear God, I pray that you will alleviate my pain and bless me with your grace; even when I am afraid, my trust in you helps me overcome my fears.
- Oh, my Lord. Today I need your healing hand. Please restore my health and protect me from every harm, disease, and sickness. Amen.
- Dear Lord, I pray to you for hope, patience, strength, and encouragement. Please be with me in my vulnerable times and heal me with your grace so that I can find comfort and peace to get through it.
- God, here I am again asking for healing from all kinds of illness as you are the one who heals.
- God. Please put your healing hands rest upon those who are fighting disease, whether it’s bodily or mentally. When they are on the edge of giving up, please give them courage and patience. Amen.
- Dear God, Today we need your healing power, mercy, and grace. We have come to you with pain, burdens, and lots of wounds. Cause You know us better than anyone in the world. In Jesus’s Name, Amen.
- God, heal those who come to you with their pain. Whether it’s their hurting heart or sickness, please heal their wounds and relieve them.
- I pray that may the love of Almighty embrace us, soothe our sorrow, and lessen our sufferings. You are our savior, comforter, and healer.
- Dear Almighty, You are the one who does miracles. Please heal us through and through. Deliver us from every sickness, anxiety, and worry. In Jesus’s Name, Amen.
Quotes on Self Healing
Wounds come in all shapes and sizes, from physical to spiritual. Rather than let the hurt overwhelm you, start the journey toward healing. Find inspiration to take the first step toward healing and gain the courage to move forward.
The right word can be the right thing for you to take that first step towards self-healing. To guide you on the suitable path, we have prepared a few quotes to help you put things into perspective and allow yourself to heal at your own pace with courage.
- You hold the power to allow yourself to heal.
- Love yourself, and healing comes.
- You must heal yourself first with love and devotion.
- Be kind to yourself by putting yourself first.
- Forgive yourself and allow healing to begin.
- Healing begins the moment you embrace and love your beautiful flaws.
- Give your soul the freedom to heal.
- The most precious treasure is yourself.
- A soul starts to mend when you accept yourself completely.
- To heal others with love, you must first give that love to yourself.
- Self-healing is a continual process of growth and change.
Spiritual Quotes for Healing
It’s often said that the rainbow will signal a new beginning after a heavy storm. That’s true for any of life’s adversities and ups and downs. Dealing with problems and the inevitable challenges can leave you drained and exhausted to carry on.
Despite how well we’ve planned for setbacks, trials come out of nowhere and cause painful situations. Dealing with uncomfortable emotions is never easy.
We provide a few spiritual quotes to help you energize your healing and recovery to get you committed to healing with the right mindset that conquers all.
- The wound is the place where the Light enters you.
(Rumi, Persian Sufi mystic, 1207-1273)
- You have to grow from inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
(Swami Vivekananda, Indian originator of the Ramakrishna movement, 1863-1902)
- New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.
(Lao-tzu, Chinese philosopher, 365 B.C.-290 B.C.)
- The soul is placed in the body like a rough diamond and must be polished, or the luster of it will never appear.
(Daniel Defoe, English writer, 1660-1731)
- The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.
(William Butler Yeats, Irish poet, 1865-1939)
- Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
(Khalil Gibran, Lebanese-American poet, philosopher and painter, 1883-1931)
- The measure of your maturity is how spiritual you become during the midst of your frustrations.
(Samuel Ullman, American poet and businessman, 1840-1924)
- Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.
(Buddha, founder of Buddhism, 560 B.C.-483 B.C.)
- Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force.
(Franklin D. Roosevelt, American president, 1882-1945)
- You have power over your mind–not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
(Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor, 121-180)
Quotes for Strength and Healing Grief
Despite being a universal part of our human experience, death, especially that of someone we love, can devastate us. Anyone faced with significant loss feels like a part of them has been torn away, and it can seem like one will never recover from such loss, grief and pain.
But for us to go on with our lives, we need to let go of those we love who are no longer with us. Grief is that process that helps us gradually accept the loss and allow the dead to be gone from our lives but always remembered.
To start you on this path of letting go, we have compiled a few quotes to help you and provide encouragement as you tackle each new day.
- To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
(Thomas Campbell, Scottish poet, 1777-1844)
- They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies.
(William Penn, English theologian, 1644-1718)
- While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it.
(Samuel Johnson, English poet, 1709-1784)
- Loss is nothing else but change, and change is nature’s delight.
(Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor, 121-180)
- We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
(Kenji Miyazawa, Japanese poet, 1896-1933)
- As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.
(Leonardo da Vinci, Italian polymath and artist, 1452-1519)
- Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
(Rumi, Persian Sufi mystic, 1207-1273)
- Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.
(Leo Tolstoy, Russian novelist, 1828-1910)
- Grant but memory to us, and we lose nothing by death.
(John Greenleaf Whittier, American poet, 1807-1892)
- There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief.
(Aeschylus, Greek poet, 525-456 B.C.)
Inspirational Healing Quotes for Her
Are you or someone else going through a rough patch in life? Does it involve physical or emotional pain, and you have no idea how to overcome that? You are not alone.
Emotional pain and trauma can take a considerable amount of time to heal. However, everyone heals differently, as do men and women.
If you or someone else needs guidance and encouragement to give a bit of thought and determination to tackle pain one at a time, take advantage of the few quotes we prepared especially for her and get inspired.
- Healing is a beautiful ray of light that you simply need to reach your hand toward.
- It’s through the hugs of others that healing can be felt.
- The process of healing never takes the same path.
- Love holds its hand out to you with a healing smile.
- Embrace love, and healing comes freely.
- The road to healing is a beautiful and timeless journey. It takes work to get there, but every step is worth it.
- Healing is never a straight path. It’s a winding ride that takes you unimaginable place.
- Sorrow is a road everyone must take. But love and memories surround you in hope.
- Healing your heart after grief looks a little different on everyone.
- The most precious treasure is yourself.
Bible Verses and Scripture for Healing
Healing is firmly anchored with the mind. The mind can be strongly anchored in faith, which makes you strong in the face of adversity through the Lord and his teachings written in the Bible.
Everyone reaches out to God differently, but one universal truth is that he gives when in need and lends his strength.
To embrace your faith and belief in the Lord and his teachings, we have completed a few scriptures from the Bible to reaffirm your convictions and determination to move on to any challenges in life.
- Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
- Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing; heal me, O Lord, for my bones are troubled.
- He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
- You shall serve the Lord your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you.
- He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
- But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.
- Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security.
- He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
- The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health.
- A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Quotes for Healing a Broken Heart
Losing the one whom you thought was the one is always challenging. It doesn’t matter whether a relationship lasted three months or 30 years; it will hurt either way. Memories and bonds were shared and formed that inevitably make your heart and mind resistant to moving on.
These emotional feelings during heartbreak can be overwhelming and devastating, making you feel like there is no end to the pain.
We are giving you a few encouraging quotes to help you see that there is always a tomorrow and that you will overcome these difficult times and be a better person.
- The worst feeling in the world is when you can’t love anyone else because your heart still belongs to the one who broke it.
- Crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is.
- I gave you my heart, I just didn’t expect to get it back in pieces.
- The scariest thing is that we didn’t even have to be together for you to break my heart.
- I will never love another. Not like I loved you. I just don’t have the love for it again.
(Atticus, Athenian rhetorician, 101-177)
- A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe.
- Wanting her is hard to forget, loving her is hard to regret, losing her is hard to accept, but letting go is the most painful.
- Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
(Mark Twain, American writer, 1835-1910)
- A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It’s just his way of letting you realize he saved you from the wrong one.
- The heart will break, but broken live on.
(Lord Byron, British poet, 1788-1824)
Quotes about Healing Trauma
Trauma can take many shapes and forms. Healing through your past trauma can be a long and painful journey. A crucial thing to remember is that throughout the recovery process, we are not, we’re not alone.
A few powerful words of encouragement and well-meaning gestures can go a long way in helping someone overcome even the deepest of traumas.
For that purpose, we have collected a few trauma quotes to help you or those in need and remind them that they are not forgotten or alone.
- It isn’t about what’s wrong with you, it’s about what happened to you.
- What we change inwardly will change outer reality.
(Plutarch, Greek philosopher, unknown -c. 119)
- There is nothing in this world that can trouble you as much as your own thoughts.
- You survived the abuse. Now, you’ll survive the recovery.
- A trigger is the connection between the conscious mind and a buried painful memory.
- Talking openly about your mental illness is not seeking attention, it’s seeking help.
- People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they are addicted to escaping reality.
- I’m not afraid to fail. Failure isn’t permanent.
- I refuse to punish myself for having feelings.
- I’m not a quitter or an embarrassment.
God Quotes about Healing and Strength
A solid relationship with God means you will always have someone to inspire and encourage you during the hard days and strengthen you when the weight of your responsibilities feels too much to carry.
God quotes will remind you that you can overcome anything as long as you have faith in the Lord, especially during a difficult period. The Lord will impart wisdom and perseverance for you to draw from and be a better person.
- Giving power to the tired and reviving the exhausted.
- Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and his powerful strength.
- But you, Lord. Don’t be far away. You are my strength. Come quick and help me.
- The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts him. I was helped, my heart rejoiced, and I thank him with my song. The Lord is his people’s strength; he is a fortress of protection for his anointed one.
- God is indeed my salvation; I will trust and won’t be afraid. Yah, the Lord, is my strength and my shield; he has become my salvation.
- The Lord God is my strength. He will set my feet like the deer. He will let me walk upon the heights.
- I ask that he will strengthen you in your inner selves from the riches of his glory through the Spirit.
- Therefore, I’m all right with weaknesses, insults, disasters, harassments, and stressful situations for the sake of Christ, because when I’m weak, then I’m strong.
- Pursue the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
- Lord God, you created heaven and earth by your great power and outstretched arm; nothing is too hard for you.
Quotes about Healing Nature
Nature has always fascinated us from the early stone to the modern age. Some even claimed that nature had some magical properties; thus, some things could never be explained without using the supernatural.
While supernatural events might push the boundaries, something is undeniably magical about being natural. It is hard to put into words and can only be fathomed with feelings and experience –it touches your spirit.
Nature gives us strength, drains away all negative energy and fills us with positive energy. Spending time in nature will help you rejuvenate, and to help you feel the whole experience, we are presenting you with a few quotes to tap into.
- Come to the woods for here is rest.
(John Muir, American environmentalist, 1838-1914)
- Nature itself is the best physician.
(Hippocrates of Kos, Greek physician, c. 460-377 B.C.)
- Forest environments are therapeutic landscapes.
- I go to nature to be soothed, healed and have my senses put in order.
(John Burroughs, American naturalist and essayist, 1837-1921)
- To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.
(Jane Austen, British writer, 1775-1817)
- Never underestimate the healing power of these three things – music, the ocean and the stars.
- All my life through, the new sights of nature made me rejoice like a child.
(Marie Curie, Polish scientist, 1867-1934)
- If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.
(Buddha, founder of Buddhism, 560 B.C.-483 B.C.)
- Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own.
(Charles Dickens, English writer, 1812-1870)
- In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.
(Aristotle, Greek philosopher, 384-322 B.C.)
Tips for the Use of Healing Quotes and Sayings
We are offering a few tips on how you can practice self-healing, which might help you motivate, support and encourage others to follow suit by using quotes or sayings.
The essence of creating or using healing quotes is to ensure that you understand the meanings behind them. It is equally important to keep things simple, as this will inevitably slow your thought process and possibly dilute the meaning of your quotes or sayings.
Let’s look at three tips that will help you use healing quotes and sayings more effectively.
The Better You Know the Person You Intend to Give Healing Quotes
It goes without saying that the better you know the recipient of your quotes, the more you can tailor or pick the right quotes to impart a message of encouragement or support.
Spend time with that person and try to understand what they are going through. That will give you the knowledge and insights to pick the right -and most meaningful- quotes that will not just appear as a generic message but a personalized and touching one from you.
Keep the Quotes and Sayings Short But Simple
Remember that everyone heals at their own pace and in their way. If you intend to give someone a quote or saying, keep it light and simple so that it can be easily understood and appreciated.
A few keywords that touch on what the person is going through (see tip 1) will go farther than an overly long and convoluted one, no matter how relevant you think the message might be.
Draw from Your Own Personal Experience
If you are drawing from personal experience, you are more likely to create or choose practical sayings that touch the recipient spiritually and emotionally.
The knowledge of the recipient that you have gone -and overcome- the current adversity they are experiencing is an inspiring and guiding force that will make you look very thoughtful and caring, especially in the expressions of quotes or sayings. Use that.