Calling itself a " hub for contemporary short fiction", Connu launched via a Kickstarter campaign in 2013 with the goal of publishing new and original short fiction. It publishes a new story 5 days a week which can be read in its app for iDevices or on the Connu website.
Scribd's deal with Connu adds Connu’s 30 most popular stories to Scribd’s catalog of over 400,000 titles. Scribd will be featuring a new story every week in Scribd Selects, and readers can also browse all thirty stories on Connu’s publisher page.
And in related news, Oyster has also rolled out an update for its app for iPad and iPhone. According to the changelog, the new features include a new reading theme, significant improvements to the existing themes, new options for night mode, and more:
- New book detail view includes a beautiful redesign with a dynamic complementary color system, and many more related titles and recommended sets on every page.
- Editor’s notes for our top titles written by our editorial team.
- New “read time” feature lets you know approximately how long it will take to read a book before you start it. It’s kind of like magic... actually it’s just math.
- All of our reader themes have gotten a nice facelift with new typography, a refreshed color palette, and small refinements throughout.
- Introducing Wythe: a new high contrast reader theme featuring a news-text font that’s well-suited for outdoor (especially beach) reading.
- All reader themes are now available in night mode.
You can find the Oyster app in iTunes. The app is free, but the service costs $10 a month (with a free trial). You have to sign up before you can use the free trial.