How To Install Android Market on Pandigital Nova/SuperNova (The Easy Way)

Next up in my ongoing efforts to see how many Android tablets I can hack is the Pandigital Nova.

This is a 7" Android tablet which came out late last summer. I'm not terribly impressed with it but it's an okay value. Once you've installed Android Market it's not a bad tablet.

Like the several other tablets I have hacked, installing Android Market was a straightforward process. All I did was repeat the steps listed in this post. It didn't go quite the same way but the process achieved the goal.

1. Download this ZIP file to your computer.
  2. Open the Zip file to your computer and copy the contents to your Pandigital tablet over USB. Then unplug your tablet.
  3. Once you've done that, open the file manager on your tablet and go to the folder where you put the files. Try to install the following apps in this order (double click on the files in order to run them):
  • OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk
  • GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk
  • SetupWizard.apk
  • vending-3.1.3-signed.apk

As a 4th step you might want to press the home button, select the checkmark which says "open always with", and then select Launcher. This will guarantee that whenever you press the home button you will see the home screen and not be prompted with a menu.

I have Aldiko installed and it works fine.

On a related note, I mention the SuperNova tablet in the title for a good reason. While I tested this procedure on the Nova, I'm pretty sure that the SuperNova is similar enough that these instructions will work on it as well. The Nova  and the SuperNova don't appear to differ by anything other than the screen size.

If these instructions do work on your SuperNova, let me know.

1. Adriana14 May, 2012

yay it worked! thank you so much, this info was very useful 🙂

2. Jason20 May, 2012

Picked up a refurb Nova today that’s $99.99 but got mine for $84.99 with a coupon! Anyway, this worked with the latest firmware update.

3. Ninos24 May, 2012

It works! But it killed my home button! Any ideas?

1. Ninos24 May, 2012

..home button works when Nova is connected to PC via USB.

2. Nate Hoffelder24 May, 2012

Factory reset.

4. Ninos27 May, 2012

I did factory reset and it erased everything, including Market. Do I reinstall the files again?

Thanks for any help.

1. Nate Hoffelder27 May, 2012

Yes. Install the hack again.

5. Rob11 June, 2012

I just keep getting the message unable to parse, any thoughts? I tried re-downloading the zip and extracting again, but no change.

6. Sam16 June, 2012

It keeps saying “unable to parse” on all of them except for the one that says vending-3.13, any suggestions?

1. Nate Hoffelder16 June, 2012

Usually that’s a sign that the APK requires a later version of Android. But I don’t see how that could be the case.

Try rebooting.

7. chris fentress6 July, 2012

It keeps saying no application available. What does that mean?

8. kc25 July, 2012

I dont understand how to get the market i did what you said so help

9. Daniel5 August, 2012

It says application can’t be parsed. Anyone know a way to upgrade this to Android 4.0?

10. Mike11 August, 2012

Says “Can’t establish reliable data connection to server”. When I launch the market app and in the description mentions the “phone” not being provisioned for data. Any thoughts?

11. ali12 August, 2012

Hi evry one.i just bought pandigital super nova 8inch..but i really wanna update my os…can anyone tell me simple steps for Android 4.0 ice cream? Direct link would appreciate atmy email or here

1. George16 August, 2012

There is no such animal yet. 2.3 OS is all you get. Some are working on something higher but, my guess is, it is another year or more out ifffffffff they dont give up by then cause prices on other units are dropping fast enough for folk to not give a shiat about the Supernova.

If you want something little better but still Pandigital (cheap) go to the Pandigital Planet 7″ tablet. Due to issues it had, Pandigital upped its operating system to a higher gingerbread (2.3.4) as they fixed those problems.

1. Tom11 November, 2012

I have Icecream Sanwich 4.0 on my Ematic. Same problem with downloading apps from Google Play. Looking for info on Ematic Eglide 4 XL.

12. Jim20 August, 2012

I have the super nova but I cannot watch streaming video,other than youtube any help?

13. Ellen21 August, 2012

I just keep getting the message There is a problem parsing , any thoughts?

1. Nate Hoffelder21 August, 2012

Usually that means the app doesn’t want to install on the version of Android running on your tablet. You can try rebooting the tablet, but this is usually an insurmountable issue.

14. Doug Rash25 August, 2012

Same problem as Mike on Aug 11. Cannot establish reliable connection. Seems to think it is a phone. Is there another file to install to trick phone illusion?

Thanks

15. dee8 October, 2012

a lot of apps say incompatible is there any way to fix this?

16. robert13 October, 2012

I had a rooted PD Nova, and it stopped working in warantee period. I sent it to PD (they took TWO MONTHS to replace it) and when they did replace it they sent the PD Edition.

Yea, no one else has heard of it either. Looks and acts like the Nova, for the most part.

Found your info and followed it, and now it is acting like rooted device, without the risk of rooting. So far I have been able to do what I want with it. THANKS!!!

17. dretta21 November, 2012

Ok. I don’t have a computer. This is my 6th time trying to put any thing on this nook. I really wanted it for my bible Android music. So for al I’ve been able to do is play the two games that’s on it. At hospital now where wifi is free trying to down load anything on it. I even bought a chip that has 16gb on it for the extra space. There has to be a way for dummies with this tablet.lolo HEEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!

18. Melanie26 November, 2012

I am having problems. I did what you said except when I tried to install the google services framework it said I already had it on my tablet. So, I just skipped that one and Google play installed just fine. The only problem is that whenever I try to install an app it just says there is an error while downloading. Ideas?

1. Nate Hoffelder26 November, 2012

Reboot the tablet. If that doesn’t help try logging out of your Google account and logging back in.

19. Myrna1 January, 2013

I have an Impression i10 tablet android 2.3 , how can I install the android market on it, some that help me,please

20. Grace St.Clair12 January, 2013

Everything installed corectly without the computer part. But it keeps saying no relibe connection or something like that.This was on the nova. Any ideas on how to fix that?? I had also found other app market similar to google play its called 1mobile market just go to thier website and download thier app

1. Nate Hoffelder12 January, 2013

It means you have a bad wifi connection.

2. Jaime15 January, 2013

I just had this same problem, hopefully you’ve fixed it by now, but in case anyone else has the same problem:
      1) Go to Settings –> Accounts and Sync –> Add Account
      2) Input your gmail account info, make sure background data and Auto-sync are enabled
      3) Go back to the market app, and try again.

Seems that the issue on my end was that it hadn’t properly synced my gmail account when I first set up the tablet. Perhaps yours has done the same.

Also, if you don’t have a computer with which to extract the zip files and transfer, just download the zip file to your SD card on the tablet, go to ES File Explorer, select the file, and extract from there. Then, while in said folder, you can open the files in the proper order.

21. Grace St.clair21 January, 2013

Okay everything works fine but my home button is screwed. I already rebooted andveverything nothing works so I just found an application that van take me to my home screen. Any ideas on how to five the home button???

1. Nate Hoffelder21 January, 2013

The only way I know to fix this is to perform a factory reset.

This will also wipe everything from your tablet, so caveat emptor.

22. maria durom6 February, 2013

i already have g.table n already extract it but I had problems to download ( onetime,set up wizard,google,gmail,talk,maps,vending) my package says error what can i to about it.

23. Bob18 February, 2013

I have the pandigital super nova and wifi quit working one day its not my wifi all other devices fine any suggegstions

24. Shontel15 May, 2013

worked right away 🙂 Thank you so much. It was driving me madd lol

25. Nelson Gutierrez10 June, 2013

I’m trying to install on a ematic EGP007 with android 4.0.4, when I try to install the GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk tells me that there is a version already installed, follow the installation and good, but when I try to open the market says that the application is stopped and no walks. will know why?

26. Ron4 July, 2013

Would this work with the Pandigital Planet too? Thanks.

1. Nate Hoffelder4 July, 2013

It’s worth a try.

27. Raven7 July, 2013

the google play store works but i am having trouble putting in my account information

28. tony5 August, 2013

it says i have a bad connection what does that mean?help plz

29. Brendan20 November, 2013

So i did what is said to do… it booted up and i selected the downloaded file… it loaded up and asked me to touch the android to begin but when i do it just lights him up and wont go on… any thoughts? I tried rebooting but no luck… 🙁

30. car mel23 November, 2013

have anyone figure-it out how to solve the PARSE issue??

1. BrokenAntler9 December, 2013

If you are trying to install to an Android device from an SD or MicroSD card, do not unzip the installable prior to attempting the install. Leave the file as is, as a .zip file, and install directly from that.

31. Susan9 September, 2014

Hi. I have a SuperNova DLX 8″ Android Media Tablet but only used it as a Kindle. My car radio died and the dealer wants $400 to rebuild and reinstall it. I don’t have that much money for a radio but I’m going crazy driving in absolute silence. Is there an app that I can download so I can get am/fm radio on the tablet? Thanks.

1. Nate Hoffelder10 September, 2014

You would need some type of internet connection to stream audio from this tablet. It only has Wifi.

32. Gilda Guilbert24 February, 2015

*Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!?

33. Pandigital Planet15 June, 2015

Found this page through Google. Just to let you know this Market install works perfectly with the dreaded Amazon version (R70A200FR) of the Pandigital Planet. After trying several other versions, I’m glad I took a chance with this one even though your post says it’s for the Nova/SuperNova. The home button trick also worked! Thanks