Augen to release 6 tablets
I think they may have learned from their mistake with Gentouch 78.
Augen just announced that they will soon sell no less than 6 Android tablets ranging in size from 7″ to 10″, with retail from $199.99 to $599.99. All the tablets run v2.2 and all will support Adobe DE DRM.
First up are a pair of 7″ tablets, the Latte, and Latte Grande. Both have Wifi HDMI out, 2GB Flash, and a SDHC card slot.
- The Latte has a 7″ WVGA resistive touchscreen (800×480), a stylus, and retails for $199.
- The Latte Grande is a big step up for only $50 more. It has a 800 MHz CPU, 7″ multi-touch capacitive touchscreen (800×600), accelerometer, compass, and light sensor.
Next is the Espresso series, and these babies will support Android v3.0. All have Wifi, Bluetooth, a 3MP camera, accelerometer, compass, and light sensor.
- The base Espresso model has a 7″ multi-touch capacitive touchscreen (800×600), 1GHz Cortex A9 CPU, 8GB Flash, microSDHC card slot. All this for $349.
- The Espresso Dolce has a 10.2″ multi-touch capacitive touchscreen (1024×768), 1GHz Cortex A9 CPU, 8GB Flash, microSDHC card slot. Retail is $429.
- The Espresso Doppio is the tablet convertible I showed you in the first image. It’s a dual boot system with Android/Ubuntu as options. It has a 10.2″ multi-touch capacitive touchscreen (1024×768), 1GHz Cortex A9 CPU, Wifi, Bluetooth, 8GB Flash, 2 USB ports, trackpad, and a 160GB HD. All this for $599.
And then there is the Espresso Firma. This baby has a 7″ resistive touchscreen(800×480), a 600MHz dual core CPU, Wifi, Bluetooth, and 2GB Flash. Retails is $349. It also has this odd pen that’s supposed to let you write on paper, and the strokes will be transmitted to the Firma. I’ll believe it when I see it.
kurt October 7, 2010 um 11:21 pm
who would buy from augen now?
certainly no one that purchased "the book"
Augen will toss six new tablets onto market all packing Android | Android Community October 8, 2010 um 6:18 am
[…] will toss six new tablets onto the market with screens from 7-inches to 10-inches in size with prices running from $199.99 to […]
Review: Next5 Android tablet & pen/paper combo | The Digital Reader June 19, 2011 um 9:32 pm
[…] in March. He shot a good demo video in case you’re interested. It was also supposed to be sold by Augen as the Espresso Firma; at least, that’s what they announced last fall. But I don’t know what has happened to […]
RIP Augen 2009-2011 – e-reader & tablet maker | The Digital Reader July 6, 2011 um 3:19 pm
[…] pity. I was looking forward to Augen’s line of tablets and their new ebook readers. Last fall Augen unveiled a line of 6 tablets ranging from entry level to a couple high end models. They were quite pretty and I admired the […]