50th birthday: 50 great sayings & 5 texts for birthday wishes
Sayings for the 50th birthday can be beautiful, funny, cheeky or thoughtful. We have created a selection of sayings, and texts for you, with which you can make family members, friends, acquaintances and work colleagues a special joy for the anniversary.
The 50th birthday is usually the most celebrated of all birthdays. Although most people do not live to be a hundred years old, people like to think of the 50th birthday as the golden mean of life. Here it is necessary to congratulate with especially great sayings, and texts.
Congratulations on the 50th birthday
On the 50th birthday, special congratulations are in order and require sensitivity. Because not everyone is really happy on their 50th.
Many people have problems with getting older and would not be happy if their age appeared in every greeting card. Others are happy and enjoy celebrating their age.
In any case, it is important to include the personal relationship with you and adapt it to your congratulations.
Texts for 50th birthday
The following sample texts are a combination of sayings and texts. A saying always looks great in a card and is also easy to include in the text. But now it is quite difficult to formulate your own text and not sound trite.
To make your congratulations something special, we have created five sample texts for you to follow. The first three examples are more personal and affectionate, meant for family or good friends. The other two examples are more classic and general. They are suitable for acquaintances or work colleagues.
A loving text to mom
what you have managed to do in the last fifty years, some people do not manage in their whole lives. Thank you for everything and I am proud that you always gave everything for our family. So enjoy the day and be proud of yourself too. You still look top notch and will always be the most beautiful mom to me anyway.
I love you and wish you nothing but the best for your birthday!
F – Fabulous you look today.
I – I love you so much.
F – Fifty years of happiness.
T – The new decade shall be filled with health and good luck.
Y – Your family and friends want to congratulate you!
Congratulations to the father
Hello dear father,
dear protector and advisor,
dear listener and personal hero,
there are many things I like about you.
You are a role model to me,
I have to tell you,
You have often made me dare
dare to do something.
Today, on the occasion of your great celebration,
I wish you only the best!
Press a kiss on your cheek,
To congratulate you I’ll gladly stand in line.
I love you with all my heart, your daughter.
To your sister or brother
Dear sister, … / brother, …
Not long now and it’s coming for me too. But I know that 50 is not so bad when I look at you. You were and always will be my role model.
I wish you a happy birthday and am glad to be able to spend the day with you today. Even though we don’t see each other that often, I always feel connected to you and am grateful to have you in my life.
Birthday 50th wishes to a friend
now you have also reached 50 and I wish you all the happiness in the world on this day. I am incredibly happy to call you my friend and look forward to the next years with you.
You are a strong woman who, by the way, has kept super! I love you very much. Happy birthday to you.
Short congratulations to an acquaintance
at fifty, you can already look back on a long and successful life.
But I wish you from the bottom of my heart that it continues just as long and successful. Thank you very much for the invitation. I am happy to be with you today.
Happy 50th birthday to you.
Birthday greetings to a work colleague
Our job is really not always comfortable,
but working with you is very pleasant.
You are calm and composed, still cheerful even in stress -.
happy birthday, and please keep it up!
Sayings for the 50th birthday
There are many types of 50th birthday sayings. They are as different as the people themselves. For this reason, you should think carefully about whom you write which saying in the greeting card.
While some people are humorous and relaxed about their age, others are sensitive and would prefer not to celebrate 50 at all.
In any case, it’s nice to highlight life’s milestones. That way, you’re not only wishing well for the years to come, but also reflecting on the years already fulfilled, when so much has been accomplished.
At this age, many people prefer to look back instead of forward. Demonstrate empathy by finding out how the person feels about their age.
Beautiful 50th birthday sayings
The following beautiful sayings, quotes and short texts praise the 50th birthday and aging. They highlight its positive sides and are in any case suitable for people who are more sensitive to their age.
They are wisdoms of life that are suitable, in principle, for any older age without inadvertently offending the birthday boy or girl. You can write them in your greeting card or in a gift tag.
If you particularly like a saying, you can even frame it and give it as a gift. Especially for good friends or family you will find suitable sayings below.
- May you live all the days of your life.
- Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words.
(Titus Maccius Plautus)
- You never notice what has already been done; you only ever see what remains to be done.
On your birthday today, look back at what you’ve already accomplished, because that’s something to be really proud of.
- No wise man ever wished to be younger.
- Nice to be here? At my age, it’s nice to be anywhere.
- Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
- Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.
(Decimus Magnus Ausonius)
- At age 50, everyone has the face he deserves.
- You didn’t turn 50 today, you turned 30 with 20 years of experience.
- Wishing you a happy 50th birthday and many happy returns to enjoy the finer things in life.
- With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
- If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirit should never grow old.
(James A. Garfield)
- Go with the flow on the big five-oh! I hope you have a fabulous 50th birthday.
You are such a friend. All the best for your 50th birthday.
- Happy 50th Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day and a fabulous year being fifty.
- Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter!
(George Bernard Shaw)
Sayings about aging for the 50th birthday
When it comes to 50th birthday sayings about aging, you need to be extra careful. Aging is a process that not everyone likes, and not every saying addresses the good side of aging.
So make sure the person you’re congratulating doesn’t feel offended. After all, you want to please her on her birthday.
When choosing your sayings, you should also always consider how old you are yourself. When a fifty-year-old talks about turning 50, it’s very different than when a twenty-year-old comments or even jokes about it.
So you should also be able to identify yourself with the saying and not choose life wisdom about aging when you yourself are still very young.
- Old age: A great sense of calm and freedom. When the passions have relaxed their hold, you may have escaped, not from one master but from many.
- Middle age is the time when a man is always thinking that in a week or two he will feel as good as ever.
- We are always the same age inside.
- It matters not how long we live but how.
(Philip James Bailey)
- Aging is not for cowards.
(From the U.S.)
- The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles!
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- Happy 50th Birthday. This milestone brings you the privilege of no longer needing an excuse to stay home on Saturday night. But privileges should not be abused either, so don’t forget to go out once in a while, because fun is the elixir of youth.
- Your first 50 years on earth have been pretty incredible, so I can’t wait to see what you get up to in the next 50. Happy Birthday!
- Age is simply the number of years the world has been enjoying you!
Rhymed sayings for 50th birthday
Sayings with rhymes are not only more descriptive and easier to read, they are also more likely to be memorized.
Because of the melody that plays in the mind while reading, the sentences read as if by themselves. This is why there are so many rhymed sayings for the 50th birthday. We have selected the best ones for you.
- From our birthday, until we die,
Is but the winking of an eye.
(William Butler Yeats)
- May joys unbounded
Be for thee to-night,
When thou’rt surrounded
By the gay and bright.
May music and song
Commence thy new year,
That thou may’st live long.
Each fond heart to cheer.
(Eloise A. Skimings)
- Age is a quality of mind:
If you have left your dreams behind,
If hope is lost,
If you no longer look ahead,
If your ambition’s fires are dead,
Then you are old.
But if from life you take the best
And if in life you keep the jest,
If love you hold,
No matter how the years go by,
No matter how the birthdays fly,
You are not old.
- What age is happiest?
Had you asked me,
I would have made this plea:
the Now is best.
What joy to live with zest each newborn day;
and from the Moment wrest what Life will give away.
The Past is but a guest who came and went,
and left this one behest: to be content.
Think how To-day is blest!
We’ve eyes to see Nature in Beauty drest for you, for me.
What matter that the crest of Youth is past.
Youth lives within the breast with joys that last.
The will to do our best, and hands for giving.
Oh! Now’s the happiest, best time for living!
What age is happiest?
Oh! hear my vow, for I have put the test –
the happiest’s Now.
Sweet sighs and kindly jest for warmth and cheer;
and Love’s most high bequest to crown the year.
- To age to age! Why does anyone care?
As the wrinkles grow longer,
And grey graces your hair.
Life should be simple,
Because when push comes to shove,
The only one counting is the good Lord above!
- To the "metallic" age
Gold in our teeth,
Silver in our hair,
And lead in our pants.Another candle on your cake?
Well, that’s no cause to pout.
Be glad that you have strength enough
To blow the candle out!
- Another year older,
Just look at it this way.
You’re only one day older,
Than you were yesterday.
- We wish you joy on your birthday,
And all the whole year through.
For all the best that life can hold,
Is none to good for you.
- Happy birthday to you,
And many to be,
With friends who are true,
As you are to me.
- The many good things,
you have encountered in 50 years,
you shall keep,
and put aside your fears.
Funny sayings for the 50th birthday
In this chapter you’ll find funny birthday sayings. However, they are not for every celebrant. For one thing, you should know the person well enough to appreciate their humor.
For another, you shouldn’t necessarily congratulate acquaintances, colleagues or your boss on their birthday with a funny saying.
The business relationship usually does not give such a friendly interaction. Choose a funny birthday saying for the 50th birthday if you know the person well and know that you can put a smile on their face with it.
- You’re fifty? Better take that cake outdoors to light the candles! Have a very happy birthday.
- We don’t grow old. When we cease to grow, we become old.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- Happy 50th birthday! Don’t forget to iron that birthday suit.
- If we could be twice as young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes.
- Don’t let aging get you down. It’s too hard to get up again! Happy 50th birthday!
- Congratulations! You’re 50! Smile… while you still have teeth.
- So, you’re finally 50. Now we can round your age up to 100!
- Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.
- You’re not as young as you used to be. But you’re not as old as you’re going to be.
- Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.
- You’re not 50. You’re 18, with 32 years of experience!
- It’s better to be one month older than one month late!
- I will never be an old man. To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.
(Francis Bacon/Lord Verulam)
- Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
- The old believe everything, the middle-aged suspect everything, the young know everything.