Thank You for the Birthday Wishes: 40 Quotes & 10 Texts
We have put together a selection of beautiful quotes and special messages which you can use to say thank you when someone congratulates you or wishes you well. Write them in a card, post them on social media or send them as a broadcast message.
Saying thank you is part and parcel of receiving congratulations and well wishes, whether for a birthday, graduation or any other occasion. We have put together some some short, beautiful and funny sayings and messages that you can send to your contacts to show your gratitude.
Thank You for the Birthday Wishes
In this section you can find quotes and short messages which you can use to thank people for wishing you a happy birthday. Post them as your status on WhatsApp or Facebook or send them as a broadcast message. They are suitable for all your contacts.
Unless specified otherwise, all the messages here are from unknown authors.
Short ways to say 'thank you for the birthday wishes' on WhatsApp
This section contains some super short ways of saying thank you that are great for sending on WhatsApp. You could also think about reaching out to all your contacts with a status or broadcast message instead.
If this is not your thing, you should consider sending some individual messages via text, in a card or on other social media platforms.
- Thank you for sending me so much love on my birthday!
- My lovely family and friends, I was insanely happy to receive your birthday wishes. Thank you!
- It is not the happy people who are grateful. It is the grateful people who are happy.
(Sir Francis Bacon)
- Thank you to everyone for wishing me a happy birthday.
- It’s so nice that you always think of me year after year. Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday!
- Thank you to everyone who celebrated with me and thank you also to those who wrote to me and thought of me! It was so lovely of you all.
- To everyone who sent me birthday wishes, thank you so much for thinking of me!
- You guys rock! Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!
- Thank you for everything: the lovely messages, great gifts and awesome party!
- Thank you to everyone for their birthday wishes!
- It was nice to hear from so many people yesterday. Thanks for making me feel special on my birthday.
- I’m being totally honest when I say that each and every message brought a smile to my face and made my day that much more special!
- Thank you for the birthday messages. It’s definitely been a birthday to remember!
- Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Hearing from you all slightly lessened my despair at turning one year older.
Lovely ways of saying thank you for the birthday wishes
If you want to say thank you from the bottom of your heart and express your emotions with some kind words, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ve put together a selection of phrases that are suitable if you’re an open, affectionate person who isn’t afraid of holding back when expressing their gratitude.
- Thank you for everything: your congratulations, understanding, help and your trust in me. Thank you for existing.
- Thank you for the congratulations – and for always being by my side.
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
- I just wanted to say thank you for everything. You are an important part of my life.
- Thank you for always being there for me over the past year of my life.
- Without your support, I would not be where I am today. For that, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday and thank you for always being there for me. You are a wonderful person and I love you.
- I wanted to say thank you for remembering my birthday every year and for always making me laugh when I feel like crying.
- Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday, helping me in every situation in life and always being there for me.
- I had a wonderful birthday and you and your lovely congratulations played a big part in that. Thank you, my lovely friends and family!
Saying thank you with a quote
Sometimes just sharing a simple quote with your loved ones can be enough to express your gratitude. If you fancy, you could also tag a "And so thank you for the wishes" on at the end. Here are some suitable quotes for you to choose from:
- "I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual."
(Henry David Thoreau)
- "I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks."
- "Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy."
- "Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect."
- "It is another’s fault if he be ungrateful, but it is mine if I do not give. To find one thankful man, I will oblige a great many that are not so."
(Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
- "No duty is more urgent than giving thanks."
- "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."
- "When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself."
- "Gratitude is the sign of noble souls."
- "Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts."
(Henri Frederic Amiel)
Funny ways of saying thank you
In this section, we’ve put together some funny ways of saying thank you for you to choose from. Copy our phrases or use them for inspiration.
It could also be a nice idea to add a funny caption to a photo taken on your birthday and send it to your friends and family.
Funny ways of saying thank you on Facebook
The following phrases can be posted on Facebook or other social media platforms as a way of saying thank you to people for wishing you well or congratulating you on your birthday or any other occasion. The most important thing is that people understand your sense of humor and know that you have a cheeky side.
- To my friends young and old, to the quiet ones and the loud ones, the on-time and the "I’m running late", the organized and the batty: thank you for celebrating my birthday with me. You are the best!
- It’s easy for me to say thank you to you all. Getting over my hangover today, on the other hand, not so much!
- I always appreciate all the friends I have around me on my birthday. Because of you all, I always feel only half as old. Thanks for that!
- I want to sincerely thank Facebook for notifying all of my friends (including people I have only spoken to once in my life) of my birthday.
- Thanks for not getting me a lump of coal guys.
- Like Parmesan cheese on spaghetti, I’m truly grate-full for everything!
Longer messages to say thank you on any occasion
You can send the following thank you messages in a card, via messenger or email, or post them on social media.
They are longer than the previous sayings and phrases, so they’re especially suitable if you want to put a little more effort and emotion into your thank you.
They are heartfelt and lay it all on the table, and to spice things up, one even rhymes. Some are suitable for using after your birthday and others you can use for saying thank you after other kinds of special occasions. Examples include the birth of a child, a graduation, wedding or engagement.
Thank you a thousand times for all your wishes and thoughtful gifts and surprises. Your words have touched me very much and I will remember this day and the fact that you made it very special for a long time to come.
Thank you so much for your support, kind words and congratulations. Without you guys, I wouldn’t be where I am today. You guys are just wonderful.
You have helped make this day unforgettable for me. For the help and support, the many ideas and great surprises, the numerous congratulations and gifts, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
My day has been wonderful!
I spent my birthday outside in the garden in the best weather with wonderful people, music, cocktails and good food. Thank you to everyone who thought of me. I had a truly terrific day.
I’m overwhelmed. My heart is full and overflowing with gratitude after reading all the birthday messages I received today. Thank you to everyone who made my day extra special.
For all the good wishes and great gifts, we as a family would like to thank you very much. Your love and support is truly worth its weight in gold.
I want to thank you for your well wishes.
It’s nice to feel so much love.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes I received on WhatsApp! I was busy enjoying my day yesterday, so I’m only just catching up on everything today, but I am grateful for every single message – they made me very happy.
Sorry if I haven’t replied to you directly, but just know that I’ve read all of your wishes and they truly touched my heart.
Each message was just as meaningful as the last.
"Before the day is over,
I just wanted to say,
Thank you to everyone
For helping me celebrate,
In the best possible way.
You all made my birthday
A much more special occasion,
And I’m truly grateful
From the bottom of my heart,
For the wonderful celebration."
How to say 'thank you' sincerely: 5 top tips
Below you’ll find some tips on how to appear genuine and sincere when saying thank you. It’s a handy skill to learn as there are many situations in life where an earnest "thank you" will go a long way. A personal, heartfelt acknowledgement of the well wishes or congratulations you’ve received is probably the best gift you can give back.
And aside from this, you can also just say thank you to your loved ones for simply existing and for being there for you, whenever the urge arises.
Always speak the truth when saying thank you. It’s easy to come out with empty expressions and clichés, and whilst these may fit the occasion, people will be most touched if you’re authentic and honest.
Therefore, always choose a saying or message that sounds like you and suits you. Combine this with a funny picture, some emojis or a GIF, tell a short story about your day or mention what you are especially thankful for.
Express your emotions when saying thank you
In addition to honesty, being open about how you feel is always well-received when saying thank you. Use heartfelt words and let your loved ones know how much they mean to you. You could even write two different thank you notes – one for those closest to you and another for your acquaintances who you’re a bit more reserved with.
You could then send one note to people in a broadcast list or set one as a status on WhatsApp or Instagram and only share it with certain groups of people.
Another way of saying thank you is by describing how you reacted to receiving your well wishes. If you had tears in your eyes, feel free to mention it, and if you were smiling or laughing, then that’s a nice reaction to share to show you’re thankful.
Think back to specific situations
It’s especially nice if you personalise how you say thank you. Your close friends and family will be particularly happy about receiving an individual thank you message. After all, they will have probably put more effort into wishing you well than other people you know.
So think back to some specific situations when you were especially grateful to these people and describe the moment in your own words. This way, you’re not just thanking them on this one occasion, but showing that you appreciate having them in your life in general.
If you don’t know where to start, you can use the following questions as a guide:
- When did this person help me?
- What would I never have done/accomplished without them?
- What are the good things they bring out in me?
Mention positive qualities
Just as you can mention specific situations, you can also talk about the positive qualities of the people you want to thank. Here are some questions to help you do this:
- What do you love most about the person?
- What is their best character trait?
- Do they have an endearing quirk that you couldn’t live without?
You can use your answers to these questions to make your thank you note extra personal, show the person that you have really thought about them and the specific things you appreciate about them. This really makes for an individual, unusual way of saying thank you that stands out from the crowd.
Make sure you don’t drag your feet
You should usually thank people as soon as possible if they have congratulated you or wished you well, no matter the occasion, and the next day or two days later is usually a good time. On your birthday, everyone will understand if you don’t get back to them the very same day, as you’ll probably be enjoying yourself.
When it comes to weddings, it is customary to send thank you cards. These, of course, take a little longer – especially if you send them by mail. In the meantime, the bride and groom could share their thanks on WhatsApp with a photo from their wedding, for example.
And when it comes to communions, confirmations, baptisms, graduations or engagements, it’s usually best to say thank you for any wishes you’ve received in the days shortly after.