116 “Happy Birthday” Wishes for Mom & 12 Gift Ideas
Every mother is happy to receive personal birthday wishes. In this article, you will find beautiful, short, funny, loving and touching wishes and quotes for your mother’s birthday. We also have gift ideas for your mom.
Is your mother’s special day approaching, and you’re still looking for the right saying for the occasion? Our article provides you with many templates and inspiration for birthday wishes for your mom.
“Happy Birthday” Wishes for Your Mother to Write on a Card
It’s your mom’s birthday and you’re still looking for a nice way to say "Happy Birthday"? Here you can find great templates and sayings to make your mom happy.
All sayings and quotes in this article that are not attributed to a writer are by an unknown author.
Here you’ll find more birthday wishes.
Beautiful “Happy Birthday” Wishes for the Best Mom
In our first section you will find many beautiful birthday wishes. These are excellent to write in a greeting card. Your mother will be thrilled to receive a nice card with a beautiful written message from you.
- Mom, you are my everyday hero. And I’ve heard that heroes’ birthdays should be celebrated with extra lavishness.
- Dear Mom, today your gifts will be given to you. Stay exactly the way you are and enjoy life. My wish for you is this alone: enjoy the journey.
- Your life has been about me long enough. Today it’s all about you. Celebrating your birthday and your occupation as the very best mom in the universe.
- Today is your birthday. On this special day of honor I wish you all the love, health, contentment and serenity. I hope that we have a great celebration today and that you experience many exciting things in your new year of life. Love you, Mom.
- Today we want to eat a lot of cake, and do not judge you by your age. We have gifts for you, too — open them up, they speak for themselves.
- "One has no more important ally in this world than one’s mother." Mom, you are not only my ally, but also the most important person in my life. I love you very much and am happy that I can celebrate another year of life with you.
Here you’ll find beautiful quotes for different occasions.
“Happy Birthday to My Mother in Law”: Quotes and Messages
For many people, their mother-in-law is a very special person in their lives. Whether they still have their biological mom or not, having an extra person in someone’s life as a mother figure is always welcome.
Here are quotes and messages that you can write to your mother-in-law on her birthday. Express your love and appreciation for her while wishing her the best for the upcoming year.
- To my wonderful mother-in-law — thank you for welcoming me into your family and bringing extra happiness into my life. Happy birthday to you.
- Dear mother-in-law, I hope you have a wonderful birthday full of everything you love. You’re a wonderful part of our family.
- One of the reasons I’m happy I married your (son/daughter) is because you have brought so much to my life. Thank you and I love you.
- Mother-in-law, enjoy your special day. We want to treat you to a delicious meal out.
- To my loving mother-in-law — I appreciate everything you do for our family and me. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to my amazing mother-in-law. I hope this day and the year ahead bring you all the blessings you can imagine.
- Mother-in-law, I hope you have a birthday as wonderful as you are. I can’t imagine life without you. Thank you for everything.
- Dear mother-in-law, I’m so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for raising such a wonderful (son/daughter) and for always watching out for us. I love you.
- To the most amazing mother-in-law I know — I hope your birthday is full of sunshine and happiness. Wishing you all the best.
- Mother-in-law, I wish I could be with you today, but since I can’t, I’m sending lots of hugs from far away. I love you.
- Thank you so much for everything you do for our family. We are blessed to know you and we hope you have the best birthday ever.
- Dear mother-in-law, I hope your birthday is full of everything you love most. Open your present and inside you may find one of those things. Lots of love.
- I always show off to everyone I know that I have the best mother-in-law ever — I got very lucky. On this day and always, I love you and appreciate you.
- To the best mother-in-law ever, sending you birthday well wishes and virtual balloons. I hope all your birthday wishes come true.
- Happy birthday to my fantastic mother-in-law. I wish for many blessings to come your way today and every day. I love you.
”Happy Heavenly Birthday Mom”: Quotes to Say I Miss you
If your mom has passed away, her birthday can be a very tough time for you and everyone who loved her. One of the best ways to put your feelings into words is with a quote to say “I miss you.”
Even though you are separated from your mom for now, many believe that their moms are smiling down on them from heaven and that they will see them again someday in the future. Use one of these messages to tell your mom you miss her and express your love for her to the world.
- Dear Mom, this day is very hard for all of us who knew and loved you. I hope you are somewhere smiling down on us today. I love you.
- To my amazing mom — even though I can’t hug you today, you are always in mind mind and heart. I miss you and love you.
- Happy birthday in heaven to my dear mother. I love you so much.
- Mom, I hope you are having the most delicious chocolate cake in heaven. I miss you daily and hope to see you again someday.
- Happy heavenly birthday to my beautiful, wonderful mom.
- Dear Mom, every time I see a beautiful butterfly, I think of you. I miss you and love you always.
- To my wonderful mom — life isn’t the same without you but I am so blessed that I had you in my life. Thank you for everything and I hope you are having a wonderful birthday in heaven.
- Mom, you were my angel when you were alive and you are my guardian angel now. I love you.
- Mom, I miss you every day and this day is especially rough. I’m sending prayers up to say I love you and I hope to see you in heaven someday.
- Dear Mom, I hope I am living in a way that you are proud of me, because I want to make you proud every day. Happy heavenly birthday.
- To my amazing mom — we continue to honor you on this day, your heavenly birthday. We will eat your favorite foods and go to your favorite places in remembrance of you.
- Mommy, no one will ever fill your shoes. I’m lucky to have been your child and I think of you every day. I love you.
- To my dear, sweet mom: I love you forever, I love you for always. Happy heavenly birthday.
- Mom, I hope you are having the biggest, most wonderful birthday party in heaven today. Until we meet again, sending all my love to you.
- I was lucky to be born to such a wonderful mother. Although she was taken from us too soon, on this day we pause to remember how much we love you, Mom.
Here you’ll find beautiful quotes about sayings goodbye.
Heart-Touching and Emotional Birthday Wishes for Mom
Below are emotional words to say to your mom on her birthday. We have collected sayings, quotes and mom poems for you. Some of the sayings are very touching and you may even bring a tear to your mom’s eye with them.
- Mom, you have taught me so much throughout my life and given me so much to take with me. On your birthday I want to say how grateful I am to you and how much I love you.
- Dear Mom, we are united by the eternal mother-child bond. You’ve taken care of me all my life. Soon you will be of an age where you might ask yourself: Who will take care of me when I am old and sick? Knowing you, you’re just worrying too much anyway. Strong as you are, I think it’s extremely unlikely that you’ll get sick. Still I want you to know: If you should need me, I’ll be there for you. Just as you took care of me as a child, I want to take care of you for the rest of your life. But enough of the ramblings and the worries, Today, we want to celebrate you first. With this in mind: Happy birthday to you, Mommy. May you stay healthy and happy and be able to celebrate many more birthdays. I love you.
- Mom, you’re multi-talented and an everyday hero. You’ve been my compassionate educator. Ever since I was born, you have been everything and much more to me. I am so infinitely grateful to you for everything you have given me. I couldn’t ask for a better mother.
- To the world you are just a mother. For us, you are our mother and therefore also our world. Today we celebrate that our mother is already ____ years old.
- Dear Mom, I’m so glad you exist. I can’t put into words how much I love you. I am so happy to celebrate another year of your existence with you. I am even happier to be able to spend this new year of life with you. May your life be long and your smile always be as wide as on your happiest days.
Happy Birthday Wishes from a Daughter
Daughters and mothers often have a special bond. For some, it can be a tough relationship, but there is always a foundation of love there.
Many daughters and moms share traits and hobbies in common. Equally as many moms and daughters are as different as night and day. Whatever your situation might be, you’ll find the right quote from you to your mom below.
- Mom, today we celebrate the strongest woman I know: you. Happy birthday with lots of love.
- Dear mom, let’s go shopping for your birthday. And tomorrow — and the day after that. Love you.
- The love between a daughter and a mother is something special. Mom, today I toast you and I thank you. Happy birthday.
- To my mom — I’m like a carbon copy of you, and I love it. I’m grateful to be just like the best person I know. I love you.
- Mommy, let’s get an entire sheet cake and share it between us while we watch our favorite show together. No one has to know. Happy birthday with love.
- To the best mom ever — I’m so grateful for the sacrifices you’ve always made for me, and I’ll never forget them. Thank you for everything.
- Dear Mom, for your birthday, let’s go get our nails done and enjoy some wine. You deserve to be pampered. Love you lots.
- Happy birthday to my beautiful mom. You look just like me — or do I look just like you? Either way, we’re both beautiful. Sending lots of love.
- I hope you have a wonderful birthday, mom. You have made my life so happy and I appreciate everything you do.
- I truly have the best mom in the world. I love you forever and I’ll always make sure you’re cared for.
- Sending thousands of hugs to you today on your birthday, my fantastic mom.
- Mom, every day you give so much of yourself and today I hope you relax and rest. I’ll do the cooking — or at least order take-out. Love you.
- I am lucky to have the sweetest mom there ever was. Thank you so much for everything you do, Mom. Enjoy your day.
- Mom, I hope you have the most beautiful birthday and the best possible year ahead. I love you.
- Dear Mommy, I’m sending you birthday wishes as sweet as you. You did an amazing job raising me and I am forever grateful to you. Happy birthday.
Here you will find birthday wishes for your daughter.
“Happy Birthday Mom” Quotes from a Son
Mothers and sons also share a special bond. Whether you were a rambunctious boy who worried your mom a lot when you were growing up, or you’ve always been close to your mom, mothers always appreciate receiving kind birthday wishes from their sons.
Here are heartfelt quotes and sayings to include in a card from a son to a mother. You can add your personal touch to the one you choose so that it’s straight from your heart.
- Happy birthday, Mom. Today I send you thanks for all you’ve done and wishes for a wonderful year ahead for you.
- Enjoy your special day, Mom. I’m thinking of you and I love you.
- To my wonderful mom — I appreciate and love you more than you know. Thank you for everything.
- Mom, you raised me right and I’ll never forget that. Thank you and happy birthday.
- Happy birthday, Mother — I hope this day is filled with all of your favorite things.
- My mom, my hero, my friend. Today I celebrate you with love.
- Mom, did you ever guess I would grow up to be so amazing? Neither did I. But with your help, I did it. Thanks for everything you’ve done.
- Mom, I may not have always been the best kid — but you’ve always been the best mom. Love you and happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to the best mom in the world. Wishing you a year full of your favorite chocolate and wine.
- To my mom — I hope your birthday is as amazing as you are. Lots of love and hugs.
- Happy birthday to the most fantastic woman I know: my mother. Wishing you the best birthday and sending lots of love.
- Mom, you’ve always been there for me and today I want to let you know that I’ll always be there for you too. You’re the best.
- I hope you have a beautiful birthday, mom. I’ll always be here for you. Love from your son.
- I am the luckiest son in the world to have a mom like you. All the best on your birthday.
- Dear Mom, words can’t express how much I love you, but I’ll try. I hope you have your best year yet. Happy birthday.
Deep Quotes to Say ”Happy Birthday Mama”
In this section, you will find many thought-provoking quotes on the topics of birthdays and getting older, which are suitable as written birthday wishes for your mother.
Tip: To make birthday quotes personal, you can add a personal message to them.
- Become what you are not yet
Stay what you are now
In this staying and this becoming
Everything beautiful is here on earth.
(Franz Grillparzer, Austrian writer, 1791-1872)
- Anyone who maintains the ability to see beauty will never grow old.
(Franz Kafka, German-language writer, 1883-1924)
- Only a mother knows what it means to love and to be happy.
(Adelbert von Chamisso, French poet, 1781-1838)
- The best thing about me, I got it from her.
(Peter Rosegger, Austrian writer, 1843-1918)
- The secret of happiness is to count life’s highlights instead of birthdays.
(Mark Twain, American writer, 1835-1910)
- Birthdays are the days of contemplating what was, valuing what is, and anticipating what will be with good hope.
(Samuel Butler, British poet, 1835-1902)
- Celebrate each birthday as if it were your last and remember that love is the only gift truly worth giving.
(Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach, Moravian-Austrian writer, 1830-1916)
- If you want to know who you were, see who you are. If you want to know who you’re going to be, watch what you’re doing.
- Live today, forget the troubles of the past.
(Epicurus of Samos, Greek philosopher, 341 B.C.-270 B.C.)
- Let that prepare for a long time, start your life at times.
(Eduard von Bauernfeld, Austrian writer, 1802-1890)
- Either write something worth reading, or live a life worth writing about.
(Benjamin Franklin, American politician, 1706-1790)
Funny Birthday Wishes for the Best Mother
If your mom has more of a humorous personality and laughs a lot, a saying from the next list is a good choice.
With the following sayings and poems, every daughter and every son, including you, can make their mother laugh.
- Enjoying life is the most important thing. You only live for such a short time and you are dead for so long. That’s why I’m toasting to you today and sending you well wishes on your day of honor.
- Today we gather together to celebrate your birthday. Have a few extra pieces of cake today, Mom.
- The best days of the last year may be the worst of the coming one. I wish you many wonderful days.
- Let yourself be celebrated and richly gifted, because we are all thinking of you. Stay healthy despite your gray hair, and I wish you all the best in the next year.
- Here’s the best birthday advice: Life is short. Eat the fries. Buy the shoes. Book the trip.
- Do the years pass too quickly for you, Mom? I know what can be a consolation: forget the world for a moment and let me give you a long hug.
Looking for more funny birthday wishes? Here you will find them.
Loving “Happy Birthday” Wishes for Your Mom
The next chapter includes loving birthday wishes. Use them when you want to reach out to your mother with heartfelt words.
- Mom, you are my closest ally. The person closest to me and the person who has accompanied me throughout my life. Today you are another year older. I look forward to sharing my life with you in your new year.
- "Life is counted by years and measured by deeds." (Lao Tzu) Dear Mom, if life were counted according to good deeds, you would surely be over a thousand years old by now. You are such a great, inspiring person and I am incredibly grateful to you for everything you have already done for me. Let’s celebrate your good deeds today.
- Dear Mom, for years you took care of me and the household. You worked a lot to be able to support me. Now it’s your turn. From now on you only have to worry about spending your money in retirement.
- Dear Mom, nobody is as nice as you. I want to hug you every day to show you that I love you.
- I love you as much as the tree loves its branches. Like the sky loves its stars, that’s how much I love you. On your birthday I want to give you an extremely big hug and an extra big kiss.
- Dear Mom, you are the most important person in my life. That’s why I want to give you some well-intentioned advice for your birthday: You don’t have to worry about me anymore but more about how you spend your pension. With this in mind: Here’s to the exciting adventures that lie ahead of you.
- Dear Mom, you are the world to me so I send you this birthday greeting because you are my hero.
- Dear Mom, best wishes for your birthday. Thank you for always being there. Just as you have accompanied me from birth to adulthood, I want to accompany you for the rest of your life.
- Mom, today should be stress-free and worry-free for you. I feel safe with you because you are my mom and I’m always yours. Happy Birthday, and thanks for everything.
- Do you think that just because it’s your birthday today, that makes you special? That’s not true, you’re always something special.
Short Birthday Wishes for Your Mama
If you are looking for a sweet but short birthday greeting for your mother, you will find it in this section.
- I wish you a happy birthday, dear Mommy.
- Happy birthday dear Mom, make a wish and let your dreams come true.
- I wouldn’t be here without you — and I thank you for that. Happy birthday, Mom.
- Happy Birthday to the best Mom ever.
- All the best. Mom, you are the best.
- Good luck in this new year, dear Mom. Here’s to a new, exciting year.
- As long as you are part of my life, I will be happy. I wish you all the best on your birthday.
- May your new year of life be one of your most beautiful adventures.
- My wish for you is that you love your life as much as I love you.
- Stay healthy and always happy because it is very important to us.
Birthday Wishes for Your Mother’s Milestone Birthday
This section includes birthday wishes especially for your mother’s milestone birthdays. Here you will find sayings and wishes for your mother’s 40th, 50th, 60th or 70th birthday.
We have left gaps in some messages so that you can insert your mother’s age.
- For a 40th birthday: From the age of 30 on, you no longer count the birthdays, but continue with letters. So happy 29th birthday, dear Mom.
- For a 40th birthday: Life is like a day: what is important is that you want to get up. The sunshine is beautiful just for you today. At the age of 40 you are right in the middle, therefore live your life with all your senses.
- For a 50th birthday: 50 years are already behind you: 50 years with lots of joy and happiness, 50 years in which things didn’t always go smoothly, but you never lost your smile, 50 years in which you have enchanted and enriched us with your great way. And above all: 50 years in which you were a wonderful mom to me.
- For a 60th birthday: 60 years are done, in which you have achieved a lot. Good luck in all ways, I wish you health and a long life. (Unknown)
- For a 70th birthday: Oh fright, oh fright, the 6 is gone. But don’t be sad, you will see that your 70s are when things get really nice. Happy 70th birthday.
- For a 70th birthday: True age cannot only be measured in years. Stay forever as you are — young in mind and heart. Happy birthday.
- You have to celebrate a milestone birthday like this: I wish you ____ colorful balloons so that you never forget to reach for the sky; ____ thick wool socks so you never get cold feet and ____ good books to keep your mind sharp, your imagination strong and your eyes clear. There should also be ____ great jokes so you always have something to laugh about and of course ____ big birthday candles so that a light always shines for you even on rainy days. My best wishes on your birthday.
- Wow, you have accomplished ___ years and you can look back on your life with real pride. It’s great that you also have many great plans for the future. Keep your strength and carry on as you always have.
Gift Ideas for Your Mom’s Birthday
Have you found a saying for your mother’s birthday, but you’re still missing the right gift? No problem. We have also collected original gift ideas for you.
With heartfelt birthday greetings paired with the perfect gift, you can give your mother a very special birthday treat.
- Photo frames with pictures of you (and your siblings): Moms love to have photos of their children in their home to enjoy every day and to show off to company.
- Gift card for a wellness weekend: Does your mom love going to a salon or spa, or to get a massage? She may love a gift card to go somewhere to relax and let her stress melt away.
- Gift card for a joint excursion: Sometimes, the best gift you can give your mom is the gift of having time with you. If there’s a place the two of you would love to visit, consider taking her on a getaway there.
- Bouquet of your mother’s favorite flowers: Flowers are loved by many moms. If you know your mom’s favorite color or type of flowers, you can make this gift even more personalized.
- Make a video of yourself: Especially if you live out of town and don’t get to see your mom often, making a video of yourself sending her warm birthday wishes is a beautiful gift she can enjoy again and again.
- T-shirt with a slogan: Does your mom have a favorite quote or saying? Consider having it printed on a T-shirt so she can enjoy it and share it with the world.
- Bag with a saying: Similar to the T-shirt idea above, consider having a custom reusable tote bag made for your mom with a beautiful quote printed on it.
- Pillow with a saying: You can have a quote or even a photo of you and your mom printed on a pillow that she can proudly display in her home.
- Glass with an engraving: Consider having an important date engraved on a glass, such as her birthday, or a personal message of thanks from you.
- Gift card to her favorite store: Show your mom how well you know her and that you want her to have a fun shopping day with a gift card.
- Keychain: Does your mom have a favorite place she traveled to or a hobby? She would likely enjoy a keychain featuring that place or hobby.
- A homemade cake: Making your mom a homemade cake is an affordable and thoughtful option. Whether you buy a cake mix from the store or make one from scratch, this is a delicious gift idea.