60 “Happy 50th Birthday” Wishes for a Man & 20 Gift Ideas
Happy 50th birthday wishes for a man can be fun and cheeky, loving or classic. We have the best sayings for this occasion and gift ideas especially for men on their birthdays.
There are many ways to wish a man a happy 50th birthday. But it is always best when the sayings, texts and gifts keep in mind the character and interests of the birthday man. For this reason, we have put together different sayings and ideas for you in various categories.
Quotes for a “Happy 50th Birthday” for a Man
Whether for your best buddy, a good friend, your work colleague, father, uncle or cousin — we have a suitable saying for every man’s 50th birthday.
Some of the sayings are funny and cheeky, others loving and still others more classic. So they suit a wide variety of personalities, relationships and circumstances. Send them on WhatsApp, via text or write them on a birthday card.
“Happy 50th Birthday Old Man”: Funny and Naughty Quotes
In this chapter you will find funny 50th birthday sayings for men. They are cheeky and worded with wit. Some are sarcastic so you want to make sure you have a lighthearted relationship with the recipient.
Only send one of these messages if you can appreciate the humor in them and you have a good personal relationship with the birthday man. If you can gauge his sense of humor, you’re guaranteed to make him smile with one of these sayings.
- At your age, the saying "beauty comes from within" really does become more relevant. Happy 50th birthday.
- The mind’s gaze begins to sharpen when the eyes lose focus.
(Plato, Greek philosopher, 427-347 B.C.)
- At fifty you’re so young that you can still do a lot of stupid things — but old enough to choose the right ones.
- When I was young I was told: "Just wait until you’re fifty and you’ll see." Now I’m fifty and I see absolutely nothing.
(Erik Satie, French composer, 1866-1925)
- "What seems to us a difficult trial often turns out to be a blessing." (Oscar Wilde) — The hangover in the morning was probably not included in that. But surely you will have a nice birthday evening, which I hope you can remember.
- Time flies so fast, you can tell by looking at some of the chassis. But with you there one can say that the 50s are still bearable. You’re still fit and in good spirits, so take good care of your chassis.
- When you’re 50, it’s your duty to do all the nonsense you didn’t have money for when you were 20.
- That must be a donkey who, at fifty, still has the same views as twenty years ago.
(Otto von Bismarck, German politician, 1815-1898)
- Health and a cheerful mind lead easily through life. (Theodor Fontane) — You haven’t lost your childhood sense of humor even in old age. Stay healthy and happy on your birthday and in the year ahead.
- The past days of life have passed you by without a trace. Unfortunately, you can’t say that about the nights. Happy birthday, my friend.
Short and Funny Wishes for the 50th Birthday of a Male Friend
Below you will also find funny 50th birthday sayings for a man, but they are shorter than in the previous section. They are therefore particularly suitable for WhatsApp or sending via text as well as for small gift tags.
If you send birthday greetings digitally, you can combine them with a funny picture. Use a GIF, a sticker or even a funny photo of the birthday boy if you have one.
- What time takes away from man in hair, it replaces in wit.
(William Shakespeare, English playwright, 1564-1616)
- Old enough to know better… young enough to do it anyway.
- After fifty, work becomes less fun, but fun always becomes more work.
- Men are weird.
(Napoleon Bonaparte, French statesman, 1769-1821)
- Half a century — I can’t believe it. Starting today, things really get going.
- I wish you a warm and bright birthday — but it’s easy with so many candles.
- Wise words for you on your birthday: "Smile while you still have teeth."
- If someone calls you old, hit them with your cane and throw your dentures at them.
- Be proud of getting older. Soon you too will get the senior discount.
- At fifty, men only have habits.
50th Birthday Wishes for Your Husband
When your husband is celebrating his 50th birthday, you’ll want to celebrate him doing whatever he enjoys most. As his spouse, you likely know the keys to his heart and his favorite hobbies.
In addition to planning a fun excursion, party, or even a quiet night in for him, write one of these beautiful birthday wishes to him. We have an excellent selection for you below, and you can add your own personal touch to reflect your own relationship.
- My darling husband, I love you more than words. Happy 50th birthday.
- To the best husband in the world: I’m so happy you’re mine. Have a wonderful day.
- I hope you have the best year ever, and I’m so happy to be by your side. Happy birthday.
- I love you, dear husband. Thank you for everything you do. Happy birthday to you.
- To my sweet husband, you make the world better. Happy birthday and have a wonderful year ahead.
- My husband, my rock, my friend — I’m so grateful for you. Happy birthday.
- My handsome husband, you make 50 look amazing. All the best to you, my love.
- The day we got married was the happiest day of my life. Happy birthday, sweetheart.
- Today we celebrate 50 years of the best man in the world. I love you.
- On your birthday, I want to tell you how happy I am to be your spouse. Much love.
- To my wonderful husband, I love you more than life itself. I wish you a beautiful birthday.
- Cheers to you on your birthday, my love. Let’s celebrate with a lovely dinner.
- The world is blessed to have you, sweetheart — and so am I. Happy birthday to a wonderful man.
- I hope to celebrate 50 more birthdays with you, my sweet husband. All the best to you, my love.
- 50 is such an impressive accomplishment. It’s also an amazing accomplishment that you have me as your spouse. Just kidding. I love you so much and am so happy to know you, my darling. Happy birthday.
Lovely Quotes for Turning 50 for Men
Loving birthday wishes are also suitable, especially if you have a closer relationship with the man who is celebrating his 50th birthday.
Dare to show feelings and emphasize the good qualities that you appreciate in the person who’s celebrating his birthday. What are you thankful for? What memory do you look back on the most fondly? Let yourself be inspired to create a personalized birthday wish.
- 50 years, what a milestone. You can be really proud of everything you’ve accomplished to date. Anyway, I am proud of you. Happy birthday.
- I don’t know of any man who deserves a wonderful day with family and friends today more than you. Happy birthday.
- At twenty-five, anyone can have talent. Having talent at fifty, that’s what matters.
(Edgar Degas, French impressionist, 1834-1917)
- You are a wonderful friend, a great father and an even better neighbor who I can always borrow anything from. Happy 50th birthday.
- The more man thinks about good things, the better his world and the world at large will be. (Confucius) — So today, only think of beautiful things, forget all worries and enjoy that you can live in this beautiful world.
- I still remember like it was today when we met. Then just as now, you have the best sense of humor I know, the patience of an angel, and wonderful cooking skills. You are awesome. Keep these wonderful qualities in the future. Happy 50th birthday.
- Men are the most beautiful defective construction.
- It’s your birthday so don’t be sad. Don’t think bad and don’t look so scary. Life only begins at 50. That’s when you really get going as a man.
- Finding the right words for a man on his 50th birthday is not that easy. That’s why I just use the occasion to say thank you. Thank you for being such a great friend and thank you for always being there for me. Have a wonderful day today and let yourself be celebrated. You deserve it.
Short and Classic Sayings for a Man’s 50th Birthday
Below you will find sayings for a man on his 50th birthday that are classic and therefore suitable for many contacts. Examples are neighbors, colleagues or other acquaintances, but also friends you haven’t seen in a while.
You can’t go wrong with these sayings and quotes and they suit people with various kinds of personalities. They’re also kept short to fit in any text message or gift tag.
- Every decade of man has his own happiness, his own hopes and prospects.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German poet, 1749-1832)
- The greatest happiness lies in the smallest things in life.
- Happy 50th birthday. Forty years is the age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age.
(Victor Hugo, French author, 1802-1885)
- In 50 years of life, not everything was always easy — it’s all the more impressive that you still reached every goal with a smile.
- The road to success is rarely a straight highway.
- You don’t stop laughing because you get old. You get old when you stop laughing. So keep your smile for another 50 years.
- I wish you all the best today: good food, good wine, good friends and good weather.
- May the happiest days of the last year of your life be the worst of the new one.
- You should celebrate today because you’re half a century old.
- It is not the man who has lived the most who counts the highest years, but he who has felt his life the most.
(Friedrich Rückert, German poet, 1788-1866)
“Happy 50th Birthday” Wishes for a Male Friend
Many celebrate their 50th birthday big because it is an important milestone in life. Friends and family get together, maybe even rent a room and have a really big party.
On such a special occasion, your congratulations should also stand out from the usual birthday wishes. However, always consider the humor of the celebrant.
Not every man finds cheeky sayings about old age funny, or likes to grill and drink beer. In any case, adapt your congratulations individually and consider your personal relationship. You would certainly congratulate a work colleague differently than your best friend.
So feel free to include hobbies and preferences as well as shared experiences and beautiful experiences in your text. Just add a few congratulations to our sayings that fit the occasion. For example:
- Happy 50th birthday. All the best to you.
- Happy 50th birthday — you’ve accomplished so much.
- Happy 50th birthday. Here’s to 50 more amazing years.
- I warmly congratulate you on your 50th birthday. You make the world a better place.
- Happy 50th. This is a big milestone and I’m proud to call you my friend.
- I wish you health, happiness and prosperity on your 50th birthday.
Gift Ideas for Men’s 50th birthday
In this section, we have put together some gift ideas for you. Among them you will find both original and creative gifts for a man on his 50th birthday as well as gifts to buy when you don’t have much time and need to buy something in a rush.
Always choose the gift so that it suits the person celebrating their birthday and suits their taste. You might also connect with other guests and pool your money to purchase a larger gift.
Original Birthday Gifts for a Man
Of course, it’s always best if you make the presents for his 50th birthday yourself. This is how you show the birthday man that you made an effort and really thought about it.
You don’t always have to make the entire gift yourself. Maybe you just make a nice birthday card. For a 50th birthday, of course, a “50” logo is a good choice as a theme or decoration.
If you don’t like making handcrafted items, you can, for example, bake a cake or write a nice story or a poem. You can tell the birthday man your wishes, frame them or simply print them out.
Great ideas for homemade gifts are:
- Make a vase or bowl out of clay or self-drying modeling clay — A handmade vase or bowl makes a beautiful gift that is both useful and decorative.
- Make jam, chocolates or liqueur — They say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Whip up a batch of the birthday man’s favorite treats.
- Paint, embroider or sew something — You could create a blanket with his favorite sports team logo embroidered on it, or incorporate his favorite hobby into the design.
- Paint and frame a saying or a life motto — Does the birthday man have a quote he likes to live by or repeats often? Consider making a painting of it.
- Make a box of notes with something written on each note that you like about the birthday person — This is a gift that keeps giving all year round. Any day the birthday man needs a pick-me-up, he can simply reach into the box and pull out a lovely note from you.
Gifts You Can Buy for a Man’s 50th birthday
If you don’t have time to make a gift yourself, you can also buy one. Here, too, there are nice ideas that stand out from standard gifts and will certainly make a man happy on his 50th birthday.
For example, shared experiences or personalized gifts are ideal for an occasion like a 50th birthday. You could have a wooden board, champagne, wine or whiskey glasses engraved. You can also have mugs or T-shirts printed or a pillow embroidered.
Shared Experiences You Can Gift a Man
A great gift idea is always a shared experience. Here are some ideas:
- Bike ride — If the birthday man enjoys exploring the great outdoors, a bike ride together is a relaxing way to share quality time.
- Short trip — A fun and affordable way to get a change of scenery is to go on a day or weekend trip to a nearby town.
- Game night (e.g. poker night, darts night or card games) — Is the birthday man a fan of card names, board games or bar games such as darts or pool? This can be a great way to celebrate a birthday.
- Watch football with the whole family — Just gathering the family to cheer for the birthday man’s favorite team is a simple and fun way to celebrate him.
- BBQ night — Many men enjoy grilling, and even if they don’t, they probably enjoy eating great food.
- Visit a zoo — Many cities have a zoo that makes for an affordable and enjoyable way to connect with nature.
- Joint cooking evening — Grab a bottle of wine and the birthday man’s favorite type of steaks and have a soothing evening in while bonding and making a meal together.
- Escape room — These are an immersive activity for a man who enjoys solving mysteries.
- Hike — The beauty of nature combined with exercise is a fun way for many people to spend time.
- Wine tasting — Does the birthday man enjoy sampling various wines? Treat him to a wine tasting.
Instead of an experience, you can also buy something tangible. This way, the birthday man has the opportunity to keep your gift and remember his birthday over and over again.
Here are ideas of examples:
- A plant or a tree — If the birthday man enjoys gardening and the outdoors, he would enjoy looking at a beautiful plant or tree you gift him for years to come.
- An engraved bench for the garden — Consider engraving a bench or rock to go in his front or backyard.
- Chef hat with a 50 on it — If the birthday man likes to cook, honor him by giving him a custom hat or apron.
- A gift basket with oils, spices and groceries — Visit a specialty shop or website to find fragrant and exotic oils and spices he will enjoy cooking with.
- A special bottle of alcohol that is 50 years old — Many men would value having a 50-year-old bottle of their favorite whiskey or other kind of alcohol to commemorate their birthday.