156 “Happy Birthday to My Son” Wishes in 14 Categories
Are you looking for birthday wishes for your son? Then you will find them here. We have put together the most beautiful, funniest and loving congratulations for your young or grown-up son in this article.
A son’s birthday is always something very special for parents. Every year you realize how quickly time flies when your child grows into an adult. After all, as a parent, you were there from the start.
But the older sons get, the more they lead their own lives and their parents become the support in the background. On birthdays, the family gets together again and it’s like it used to be — no matter how old their son gets.
“Happy Birthday Son”: 156 Wishes and Quotes to Write on a Card
Haven’t found the right saying for your son’s birthday card yet? Then feel free to browse through the different categories here.
Here you can find congratulations for your son’s 21st, 25th and 30th birthday.
Lovely Quotes for Your Son’s Birthday
Here you will find particularly loving and emotional quotes for your son’s birthday.
The sayings in this category are particularly suitable for greeting cards, as they are neither too long nor too short and can either be supplemented with a few words of their own or simply speak for themselves.
- "My only passion is my son, is my son." (Adolf L’Arronge) — Happy birthday, my dear. We love you very much.
- "Sixteen years a son, then a friend." (Marathi proverb) — Happy birthday, son. Mom and Dad are proud of you.
- "You are my dear son, I am well pleased with you." (New Testament, Mark 1:11) — We wish you all the best for your birthday. Stay as you are.
- "How beautiful and glorious it is, hand in hand with a dear, beloved son to hurry back to the youthful Rosenbahn, To dream through life’s dream once more." (Friedrich von Schiller) — Happy birthday, son. You keep us young. With your urge for adventure and your curiosity you are simply incorrigible. Stay as you are. We love you.
- Son, we are so proud of everything you have accomplished. Happy birthday.
- Life gave me a gift in the form of a son. I love you very much and I hope that this day will be very special for you. Happy birthday.
- This, my dear darling, is a promise on your special day. I’ll stay by your side and stand by you, even if you eventually have your own life. I will always have your back, wherever it takes you. Let yourself be celebrated today. Happy birthday.
Sentimental and Heart-Touching Birthday Quotes for Son
Sons mean so much to their parents. Show your son how important he is to you by sending him a meaningful birthday message.
You know your son best so you can choose from the messages below that you think your son would like the most. Receiving a heart-touching message from you will make his birthday special.
- To my son, it seems like just yesterday that you were born. You’re not a baby anymore but I love you just the same. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to a man I’m proud to call my son.
- I’m always just a call away if you ever need me. Lots of love to you, my son.
- To my son, I hope your special day is as special as you.
- I may not be able to hold you in my arms anymore but I hold you in my heart forever. Happy birthday, son.
- You’re the best son there ever was. Thank you for being amazing. Happy birthday.
- The best day of my life was when you were born, son. Happy birthday.
- Son, I hope you have a birthday and year as wonderful as you are.
- To my son, you are the sunshine of my life. Stay amazing. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to a man who brings joy to the lives of everyone around him. Happy birthday to you.
- I can’t believe how lucky I am to have a son like you. Happy birthday, sweetie.
- I’m proud to say I have the best son on Earth. Thank you for making life better. Have a wonderful birthday.
- Son, you enrich the lives of everyone around you. Happy birthday, sweetheart.
- Until the day I die, you’ll always be my baby boy, no matter how tall you might get. Have a fantastic birthday.
- Son, you were destined to make the world a better place and you have been fulfilling your destiny. Have a beautiful birthday.
Funny Birthday Greetings to Your Son
You will find humorous sayings and funny wishes for your son’s birthday in this category.
These are suitable for all ages and combine the process of your son’s growing up with humor.
- "When a father can help his son, both laugh. When a son has to help his father, both cry." (Jewish proverb) — Congratulations and lots of joy, sun and fun today.
- Happy birthday. Without you it would be like you weren’t there.
- "In the real man there is a child hidden and it wants to play." (Friedrich Nietzsche) — Happy birthday, my darling. Keep your inner child.
- "Health and a cheerful mind lead easily through life." (Theodor Fontane) — Stay healthy, my son, and happy birthday.
- "It’s like this with birthdays: You get old and you’re still here." (Unknown)
- Happy birthday, my son. Please don’t forget one thing in particular today: "Children have to be very patient with adults." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
- Sometimes I don’t even want to be an adult. Then I just want to go to the ball pool and throw at everyone who gets on my nerves. Enjoy these things while you still can, my boy. Happy birthday.
- Not in the mood for all the attention today? Always smile, nod and answer briefly, then you will be left alone tomorrow. Happy birthday, my darling.
“Happy Birthday” Wishes for Son in Law
Even though son-in-laws are not family by blood, they are family through marriage. Show your son-in-law how special he is to you with a kind birthday message.
Does your son-in-law like touching messages or does he enjoy a beer and a laugh? You know your son-in-law best and can choose from the options below.
- Happy birthday to our son-in-law. Our (daughter/son) did a wonderful job choosing you.
- Son-in-law, you add so much to our family. Here’s to a wonderful birthday and many more.
- Even though we haven’t known you your whole life, we’ve known you for years and we love you. Happy birthday.
- You’ve been a wonderful member of our family. Cheers to a wonderful birthday.
- We are all lucky to have you in the family. Happy birthday.
- I hope you have a beautiful birthday and a great year ahead.
- If you look up “best son-in-law” in the dictionary, your face would be there. Happy birthday.
- Thank you for all you do for our family. Happy birthday to a wonderful man.
- You’re a wonderful son-in-law and we love you. Happiest of birthdays.
- You bring so much joy to our family. We wish you the best on your birthday?
- Cheers to the best son-in-law around. Have a great birthday.
- We hope your birthday and year are as wonderful as you are.
- Best wishes for your best birthday yet.
- To my son-in-law, happy birthday and cheers to many more.
- Happy birthday to the best son-in-law in the world.
“Happy Birthday in Heaven Son”: Quotes and Wishes
Losing a son is one of the most devastating things that can happen to a parent. If you have lost a son, sincerest condolences to you.
Choose one of the following birthday wishes to wish your son a happy birthday in heaven. Until you meet again, this is a way to remember him lovingly.
- To my son in heaven, I’ll miss you always. Happy heavenly birthday.
- Son, the day I lost you was the worst day of my life. I hope you are resting well in heaven. Happy birthday.
- Happy heavenly birthday to the best son there ever was.
- I miss you, my son. On your birthday I send you hugs and love to heaven.
- Son, I miss you every day and I will love you forever. Happy birthday to you.
- You will always be the most amazing son. Happy birthday, my sweetheart.
- The angels welcomed you with open arms, son. Our loss is heaven’s gain. Happy birthday.
- Until we meet again I miss you, son. Sending love and birthday wishes to you.
- I send this prayer to you on your birthday, son. I’m so grateful I had you as long as I did.
- Rest in peace, my dear sweet angel son. I love you and miss you. Happy birthday.
- Happy heavenly birthday to my amazing son. I miss you like crazy and I hope you are resting well.
- To my son in heaven, you touched the lives of everyone around you. Happy birthday.
- We all miss you and love you, son. Rest in peace on your birthday.
- Son, if I could give you a million hugs right now, I would. Lots of love to you on your birthday.
- I was fortunate to have had the best son ever. Until we meet again, I hope you have a wonderful birthday, dear son.
Heartfelt Birthday Messages for Son from Mother
Here you will find birthday wishes that are specially tailored to the mother-son relationship.
This is about caring, love and knowing that no matter what birthday her son celebrates, a mother will always see her little boy.
- "The apple doesn’t fall far from the horse, That goes for the boss’s son too." (Unknown) — While your father probably disagrees about the boss, I know you’re coming after me. Happy birthday, my son.
- "In the sun it is warm, with the mother the son well." (Russian proverb) — And when I have you with me, then I feel good too. Happy birthday to you, sweetheart.
- You were born __ years ago today. I remember like it was yesterday. I wish you the greatest happiness of this life, my boy. You are mom’s pride and I love you. Happy birthday.
- "The mother’s heart is the most beautiful and most captive place for the son, even if he already has gray hair. And everyone has only one such heart in the whole universe." (Adalbert Stifter) — Dearest son, I wish you all the best for your birthday. Don’t forget that I’m always there for you when you need me and also when you don’t need me. I love you and am proud of you.
- "My son, you are almost grown up now, we spent your childhood in zoos. With a laughing and a crying eye, I notice that today I’m vacuuming instead to kill all the time in which I want to tell you to remain a child. For your birthday I wish you only the best, and hope you don’t have too many guests cleaning up the next day. No one, not even mom, really likes it." (Unknown)
“Happy 18th Birthday Son”: Quotes and Wishes
Your son’s 18th birthday is a momentous day. Depending on where you live, he may be graduating from school or able to vote now.
In many cases, this is when someone is considered an adult. Help your son to celebrate this important day with one of the birthday wishes below.
- Son, today you’re a grown-up. Just be sure to use that power with caution. Happy birthday.
- It seems like just yesterday that I held you in my arms. You’ve grown up to be a wonderful man. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to my son who has grown up to make me proud.
- Son, you make me happy every day. Happy 18th birthday.
- On your 18th birthday, son, I wish you joy, love, and light.
- To my son, I know you’re going to go out and conquer the world. Happy birthday.
- My wonderful son, you’ve grown from a great kid to a great young man. Happy birthday.
- Happy birthday to the best teenager I know. You make me proud, son.
- Son, your goals in life show what a special person you are. Have a wonderful birthday.
- Thank you for helping to make our family wonderful. Happy birthday, son.
- I thank the skies above every day for giving me you as a son. Best of birthdays to you.
- Happy 18th birthday, son. Let’s celebrate with the biggest cake we can find.
- Lots of hugs and love to you on this special day, son.
- Wishing you all the joy in the world on your 18th birthday.
- Son, I’m so happy to be your parent. Here’s to a wonderful birthday and year ahead.
Messages for a Son’s 21st Birthday
If your son isn’t considered an adult by his 18th birthday, he definitely will be by his 21st birthday. This is one of the most special birthdays and people often have celebrations for it.
To help wish your son well, choose one of these birthday messages to send your son on his 21st birthday. You can send it just how it is or customize it to suit him best.
- Son, you’re the light of my life. All the best to you on your birthday.
- You have grown up to make me proud, son. Happiest of birthdays.
- Happy 21st birthday, son. The world is your oyster.
- I’m proud to say I have the best son ever. Wishing you a wonderful birthday.
- Happy birthday to the kindest young man I know.
- Happy 21st birthday to my son. Even though you can legally drink now, I hope you exercise caution. I love you.
- Sending love and hugs to the best son ever on his birthday.
- Son, you make me so proud. I love you. Happy birthday.
- Cheers to you on your birthday, son. Let’s share a beer (just one).
- I always brag to other parents about how great my son is. You’re the best. Happy birthday to you.
- You improve the lives of everyone around you, son. Happy birthday to you.
- Your 21st birthday is an exciting time, son. Celebrate well and wisely. I love you.
- Sending love and happy wishes to my wonderful son on his birthday.
- I’m so proud of everything you’ve accomplished, son. I’m excited to see what the next 21 years will bring. Happy birthday.
- Son, you mean the world to me. I hope your 21st is your happiest birthday yet.
“Happy 25th Birthday to my Son”: Best Wishes and Quotes
Your son’s 25th birthday is a very special time. Now that he has lived for a quarter-century, let him know how much he means to you.
Choose one of the birthday wishes below to express your love for your son. Let him know how proud of him you are.
- Son, you’re simply the best. Happy, happy birthday.
- A quarter-century of life: that’s amazing. Have a wonderful birthday, son.
- My son is the best there is. I’m so proud of you. Happy birthday.
- Happy 25th birthday to my fantastic son. You’re doing great.
- Keep being wonderful, son. You make me proud every day. Happy birthday.
- Son, I’m going to take you out for a nice dinner on me. Enjoy your special day.
- Happy birthday to my sweet son. You’ve grown into such a nice young man.
- From a wonderful child to a wonderful man, I’m so happy your my son. Happy birthday.
- 25 is a special birthday. Have a wonderful celebration, son.
- You’ve been amazing for 25 years, son, and I know you’ll be amazing for 25 more. Happy birthday.
- Have a birthday that’s as special as you are, son. I love you.
- To my special son, you bring light into our lives. We love you. Happy birthday.
- Son, I hope you have a very fun day. Kick back and relax. Happy birthday.
- Happy 25th birthday to a wonderful young man. We love you.
- I love you, son. I wish you all the best on your 25th birthday.
Blessings and Sayings for Your Son’s 30th Birthday
Your son’s 30th birthday is a special time. For many people, turning 30 is not fun, so it’s important to send them some extra love.
Show your son how important he is to you on his birthday and every day with one of these birthday blessings and sayings. He will appreciate all the love and it will make his birthday even better.
- Son, you have blessed the lives of everyone around you. Happy birthday.
- I love you, son. Have a beautiful, blessed birthday.
- Son, I pray that you have a wonderful birthday and year ahead. All the best to you.
- Happy birthday to my wonderful son. You don’t look a day over 25.
- To my son, you have been a blessing in my life since the day you were born. I love you. Happy birthday.
- Happy 30th birthday to the best son I know. Have a wonderful day.
- Son, I hope your upcoming year is filled with beauty and blessings. Happy birthday.
- I love you, son. I hope your 30th is your best birthday yet.
- To my wonderful son, you brighten the lives of everyone you meet. Sending you blessings and hugs on your birthday.
- You are truly amazing, son. I wish you all wonderful things on your birthday.
- May your guardian angel guide you, son. Happy birthday and I love you.
- Sending you birthday blessings on your special day, son.
- Happy 30th to my amazing son. I hope your next 30 years are just as wonderful as the last 30.
- Thank you for being so amazing, son. Sending you all the love and blessings in the world.
- Happy 30th birthday, son. You make me proud and make the world a better place.
“Happy Birthday” Quotes for Your Adult Son
Adult sons are often out and about living on their own and no longer celebrate their birthdays at their parents' houses.
So that you can give your son a little childhood for his birthday, we have put together congratulations in this category that show him that his parents are always there for him.
- "When your son grows up, make him your brother." (Arabic proverb)
- "If a father has eaten a lot of salt in his life, his son is said to be very thirsty later." (Unknown) — Cheers, my son, to you. Here’s to your birthday and may all your wishes come true.
- "It’s never too early to break free from this delusion […] that we could ever own our children. Especially sons. They have us, but we don’t have them." (Arthur Schnitzler) — You will always be our son no matter how old you are. Happy birthday, my boy. We are very proud of who you have become and we will always be there for you.
- By now, my boy, you’re old enough to know better, but still young enough to do it anyway. Happy birthday, my son.
- For your birthday I wish that your wishes and dreams come true in this year of life. Stay healthy and alert, trust in your strengths and don’t let it get you down. Happy birthday, my son.
- We wish you all the best on your birthday. As your parents, we are blessed with you as our son. We are incredibly proud of you and the man you have become. That’s why not only you have a reason to celebrate today, but also us and everyone who knows you. High shalt thou live.
“Happy Birthday” Blessings for the Little Son
For the little son there is some wisdom in combination with giving birthday wishes.
You can give your little one these sayings on his special day to prepare him for all the adventures that are still waiting for him.
- "Truth does not conform to us, dear son, but we must conform to it." (Matthias Claudius) — Strive to absorb all that is true in you, my little one. For your birthday I wish you the best and don’t forget, the world is your oyster.
- "Attention, my son, is what I recommend to you: to be with what you are with all your soul." (Friedrich Rueckert) — Keep your eyes open and your senses sharp as you walk this world. I’ll do my best to prepare you for everything as best I can. Happy birthday, my boy.
- "Always grasp life as a work of art." (Christian Morgenstern) — This is the only way you can always interpret something new and become an artist yourself, my son. Best wishes for your birthday.
- "It’s the encounters with people that make life worth living." (Guy de Maupassant) — Just as life was worth living when you came into our lives, you will meet wonderful people and develop over time. Happy birthday, my son.
- "Life is worth living just because of curiosity." (Jewish proverb) — So keep this quality near and dear and enjoy your birthday today. Congratulations, sweetheart.
- "Only he who knows how to preserve the world with ease, with joy and desire holds it tight." (Bettina von Arnim) — So reach for the stars and capture the world well. Happy birthday, my boy.
- "No one can desire to be happy, to do well, and to live well, unless he desires at the same time to be, to do, and to live." (Baruch de Spinoza) — So on your birthday I wish you to be, I wish you to act and I wish you to live. Happy birthday, my angel.
- Do you know what you have in common with a genius, son? You’re both curious to the core. Happy Birthday, darling.
- "You are our little angel. Do you act like a rascal sometimes? We are proud of you and your being, how you learn to write, calculate and read, For your birthday we wish you today, happiness, love, health and people’s gifts." (Unknown) — Happy Birthday, son.
- "Birthday presents are for you my son, but remember that you have to say "thank you" first to your dear godmother before you can go play with your pirate ship. Now I’ve actually spoiled your gift, but promise me you won’t tell the godfathers." (Unknown)
Birthday Wishes from Father to Son
When it comes to raising their children, fathers usually have a different set of requirements when it comes to being a role model for their son.
These sayings contain loving birthday greetings that fathers can pass on to their sons.
- "Whoever wants his son to have respect for him and his instructions must have great respect for his son himself." (John Locke) — My respect for you goes to infinity, my son. I am so incredibly proud of you and wish you the best for your birthday.
- "Like father, like son." (Unknown) — Every day I recognize myself a little more in you and your version of me makes me infinitely proud. Happy birthday, my big guy.
- "The friend is the link between father and son, he is their greatest similarity." (Franz Kafka)
- "To see himself reflected in his son, is the father’s happy hope." (Theodor Toeche-Mittler) — You, my son, exceeded all my expectations. I’m so proud of the person you’ve become. I wish you all the best for your birthday. Celebrate today and enjoy your day.
- "My boy, today is your day. When you were born back then, it hit me all at once. Your proud daddy here sees you grow and together we make endless memories. I love you like no other even if we fight a little sometimes. The whole world is at your feet, you just have to let it in." (Unknown)
Short Birthday Wishes for Your Son
These birthday greetings are particularly suitable for quick wishes on WhatsApp or as an SMS. They’re kept short as your son will likely get a lot of messages that day. You can add your own words if necessary.
- A little birthday poem: I’m old, you’re not yet.
- Happy Birthday, son. We are proud of you.
- Happy birthday, my son. Have a nice day.
- Happy birthday. Mom and dad wish you all the best. We love you very much.
- Birthdays are only once a year and today is yours. Happy birthday, son.
- On your day of honor today, pop the corks. Lots of love from mom and dad.
- Happy birthday, darling. Today is your day, enjoy it.
- We wish you the greatest happiness and the greatest fun for your birthday today.
- I send the warmest congratulations to the best son in the world. I love you.
- You are the greatest son anyone could wish for. Happy birthday.