65 “Happy Birthday” Wishes for WhatsApp + 4 Tips
Most of us have probably already sent birthday wishes via WhatsApp. These messages can get quite repetitive. To make your birthday greetings more creative and special, we have some sayings and tips for you here.
Messengers like WhatsApp have enjoyed increasing popularity in recent years. They are particularly useful for sending nice birthday wishes. This way you can avoid long phone calls and you have time in advance to choose the right words for your WhatsApp birthday wishes.
Beautiful and Funny “Happy Birthday” Wishes for WhatsApp
Whether you want to write a personal text or send a picture, short, profound quotes or funny sayings are always a good addition to your message.
If you want to keep it short, you can of course also use a saying as a standalone message. Pictures in particular usually do not allow too much space for long messages.
You can adapt most of our sayings to your personal birthday wishes. In addition, you can often modify them a little, for example, using the birthday wishes for women for men and vice versa.
Funny WhatsApp Birthday Wishes
Funny birthday greetings via WhatsApp are particularly suitable for friends or other close acquaintances. Some people like to tease each other or allude a little to their increasing age.
As far as how far you want to take the teasing, you’ll have to decide for yourself based on your relationship with the person. After all, there are some people who are really struggling with their age and don’t want to be teased about it.
- Statistics show that too many birthdays can be deadly. That’s why you should really let it rip today. Happy Birthday.
- The secret of eternal youth is: Eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of exercise, going to bed early, and lying when asked your age. But don’t worry, the next time we see each other, I definitely won’t ask you about it. Happy birthday and celebrate well.
- The bad news is: you’re another year older today. The good news is: soon you will get the senior discount at the movies. Happy Birthday.
- Here’s my advice for your birthday: With humor, self-mockery and enough wine, you can actually get through life quite well.
- Don’t worry about getting old. The older you get, the more you feel like a new person: no hair, no teeth and your pants are constantly wet. Happy Birthday.
- Can you still blow out the candles at your age or should I send the fire department over for you?
- Happy Birthday. In the years to come, should anyone call you old, hit them with your stick and throw your teeth at them.
- Giving is fun:
– Give a smile
– Pay attention
– Pour a glass
– Top it up
- As they say, don’t put off until tomorrow what you can uncork today. Have a good time today and a beautiful celebration.
- When the birthday cake starts to get crowded with all the candles, you realize you’re getting old.
“Happy Birthday” Greetings for Women for WhatsApp
For women, birthday wishes are often quite emotional and heartfelt. Good friends in particular like to make a lot of effort to say loving words among themselves, in order to perhaps even elicit a few tears of emotion from the birthday person.
A special idea is to record a voicemail or a short video for the birthday girl — maybe even with a fun filter. Say one of our birthday wishes for WhatsApp or choose personal words.
- I just woke up and immediately thought of you. Then it occurred to me, today must be your birthday. All the best, my love, and have a wonderful day today.
- You will only become more beautiful and more mature with each year; do not see life as difficult as you get older. Just enjoy every minute of the day. I wish you all the best on your birthday.
- Take a positive view of your birthday: the more candles are burning, the bigger the cake has to be.
- A year older — don’t let it bother you. You only get more mature, more interesting and always smarter.
- Today I want to sweeten your special day with birthday greetings. Celebrate merrily with those closest to you. Have a wonderful day.
- Today you really have your hands full — with enjoying, dreaming, relaxing, surprises and above all: being completely happy. I don’t want to disturb you so I’m sending you my greetings via WhatsApp. We’ll see each other one of these days.
- "The highest form of happiness is a life with a degree of madness." (Erasmus of Rotterdam.) Your craziness is exactly why I like you so much. Celebrate your day of honor today in a wild and crazy way. We’ll see each other soon. Happy Birthday.
- Don’t worry about your looks. No matter how old you are, you have the most beautiful character in the world. Happy Birthday.
- Even if you don’t wear a crown, everyone will know right away that you’re a queen. Congratulations and have a wonderful day, my love.
- Women discovered the theory of relativity long before Einstein; it always took them fifty years to reach forty.
(Thomas Fuller, English historian, 1608-1661)
WhatsApp Birthday Messages for Men
In contrast to women, men are often a little rougher. Many refrain from sending messages with deep thoughts and excessive emotions. Instead, they prefer to send messages with a direct or funny saying. They also like to tease each other.
- With a cold beer, I congratulate you. I wish you health, joy and well-being, so that all your wishes come true. Have a nice birthday.
- Another year full of hopes and dreams lies ahead of you. And every year I am happy to bury it with you. I wish you a nice birthday.
- Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway. With this in mind: Happy birthday, buddy.
- At your age, the saying "beauty comes from within" really does become more relevant. Happy Birthday.
- Wild guys like you don’t get older, they get more casual. So let it rip today. Happy Birthday.
- A long time ago an old man said, "Don’t count your years, make your years count." Or was it "beers"? Anyway, both are good. Have a nice party today and we’ll have a drink together soon. Happy Birthday.
- Fit above and tight below, that’s all I wish for you in old age.
- What a presence. What incredibly good looks. How charming and what a great body. But enough about me. Happy Birthday, buddy.
- I’m sure most people will give you lots of compliments on your birthday about how well you’ve held up – I won’t. Happy Birthday, you old guy.
- It’s great to be young, healthy and full of energy. Do you still remember those days?
WhatsApp Birthday Wishes for Kids
Smartphones, including messengers like WhatsApp, are already widespread among children today. Especially the youngest ones often don’t feel like long phone calls with aunts, uncles or other relatives.
A WhatsApp message is probably pretty cool in this case. But you should make sure that you adapt it to the age of the birthday child. For example, if they’re already a teenager, you don’t want your message to come across as too childish.
- We celebrate you with cakes, games and gifts because we all think of you on your birthday.
- The happy people belong to the world, the sun and the heavens. Ever since I’ve known you, you’ve been the happiest kid I’ve known. Happy birthday, sweetie.
- Happy Birthday. Always remember: It’s your path and you decide how colorful it will be.
- Birthday shine and candlelight, your day should be bright today. I’ll hug you from afar, because you’re very special to me.
- Love, happiness and sunshine shall always be your companions.
- When you were born it was a rainy day. But it wasn’t really rain, the sky was crying because it had lost a star.
(Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, French writer and pilot, 1900-1944)
- I bless you on your birthday again with the old blessing, with whom I once stood by your little bed every night: Live seriously, resolutely, fearlessly for the realization of the ideal within you and outside you. Amen.
(Malvida Freiin von Meysenbug, German writer, 1816-1903)
- Happy birthday, little pirate. I hope you celebrate a wild party today like the real pirates. Enjoy the cake.
- Happy birthday, little princess. I hope you celebrate like royalty today with your friends or mom and dad and have a nice day.
- I wish you love, courage, faith and luck for your plans, and in the new year a lot of strength and skill.
“Happy Birthday” WhatsApp Wishes for Your Girlfriend
Good friends in particular often chat and exchange ideas via WhatsApp. It’s even better to make phone calls on birthdays, but sometimes you just can’t reach each other. So congratulations via WhatsApp are needed.
Birthday greetings to a friend are often meant to be affectionate and teasing at the same time. After all, many friendships have existed since childhood and you know how fun the other person is. In this case, you should actually know your girlfriend inside out and therefore also know which birthday wishes she likes best.
- You’re crazy. But the best girlfriends are always a little crazy. Well, so am I. So I summarize: I’m great, you’re great.
- Happiness is finding someone who knows you’re not perfect but pretends to be. (Unknown)
- I actually wanted to congratulate you personally, but the sight of old people always depresses me… Just kidding, of course. I hope we can toast to you together soon.
- As your friend, I always have your back. So I can always kick your ass or put funny stickers on your back.
- Today I want to sweeten your anniversary with greetings on your phone.
- One year older – don’t take it so hard, because the good news is, you’re an adult.
- A true friend is like a bra: hard to find, supportive, comfortable, uplifting and close to the heart.
- Many people come into my life, but only a few leave traces in my heart like you.
- Now you’re a year older again – and again not a bit wiser. Neither am I, unfortunately, so let’s just stay crazy. Have a wonderful day today and I hope to see you soon and toast together.
- Very few people in my life are as important to me as you are as my best friend. I wish you a magical day today and I hope we can celebrate together soon. All the best.
How to Say “Thank you for the Birthday Wishes” on WhatsApp Status
Many people are touched by the kind and loving birthday wishes they receive. Some people may also be overwhelmed by the number of birthday messages people have posted or sent them.
If this is the case for you, you may want to post a nice thank you quote as your status on WhatsApp so that you can thank everyone for the birthday wishes all at once.
Posting a lovely message of thanks shows that you are grateful to your friends and family for their well wishes. Consider using one of the “Thank you for the birthday wishes” quotes below to express your gratitude. You can also personalize your status to fit your individual voice and style.
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
(Aesop, Greek author, 620 BCE-564 BCE)
- “I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.”
(William Shakespeare, English poet, 1564-1616)
- “I feel a very unusual sensation — if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude.”
(Benjamin Disraeli, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, 1804-1881)
- “Gratitude is the memory of the heart.”
(Jean-Baptiste Massieu, French bishop, 1743-1818)
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.”
(Amelia Earhart, American aviator, 1897-1937)
- “Kind people are the best kind of people.”
- “How beautiful a day can be, when kindness touches it.”
(George Elliston, American journalist, 1883-1946)
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
(Marcel Proust, French novelist, 1871-1922)
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.”
(Saint Thomas Aquinas, 1224-1274)
- “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.”
(Henry Van Dyke, American writer, 1852-1933)
- “Your friendship is a special gift, generously given, happily accepted, and deeply appreciated.”
- “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.”
(Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman scholar, 106 BCE-43 BCE)
- “Reflect upon your present blessings — of which every man has many — not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
(Charles Dickens, English novelist, 1812-1870)
- “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”
(Henry Ward Beecher, U.S. Congregational minister, 1813-1887)
- “…I’m so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much.”
(Lucy Maud Montgomery, Canadian author, 1874-1942)
Tips for the Best WhatsApp Birthday Wishes
Congratulating a loved one via WhatsApp may initially seem impersonal to many. In the past, birthday cards were sent by mail or people called people on the phone. Today, on the other hand, only short messages with "All the best" are often sent. The rest of the messages are often the same.
At the end of a birthday, many people often have a number of similar-sounding WhatsApp messages from different contacts. Of course, it’s nicer if you stand out from the crowd with your birthday wishes. Therefore, we have tips on how to personalize your WhatsApp birthday wishes.
Write Something Personal
Personal texts are always well received. You can adapt them to the character of the birthday person and your relationship with each other. Depending on what you want to achieve, you can also make your message funny, touching or loving.
One idea is to reminisce a little. For example, you can tell funny or special shared anecdotes. You don’t have to make your message too long or complicated. Typing or reading on WhatsApp can be quite exhausting for some people.
You can also highlight the birthday person’s strengths and describe what you find so special about them. This shows the value of your relationship with each other.
Sending WhatsApp birthday wishes actually has some advantages over letters or birthday cards. This also includes the fact that you can loosen up your texts with emojis. With a suitable smiley or a birthday cake, hearts or other small symbols, your text will appear livelier and, above all, more emotional.
But make sure to remain authentic. If you never use emojis, you shouldn’t put three of the little pictures right after each word in your birthday wishes. However, if you chat with a lot of emojis in general, you can of course continue to use them as you usually would.
Send Birthday Sayings as Images and GIFs
With a suitable picture you will definitely stand out from other WhatsApp birthday wishes. You can use an image that has already been designed, or you can create one yourself.
You can even use a nice or funny photo of the two of you and write your text either below or above it. This will definitely make your birthday wish a unique highlight for the birthday person.
Another way to make your birthday wishes visually entertaining is with a fun GIF ("Graphics Interchange Format"). GIFs are short silent videos or animated images that can make the recipient laugh.
To do this, go to the emoji view in WhatsApp and click on GIFs in the bottom middle. Then you can choose from a small selection of popular GIFs.
If you go to the magnifying glass at the bottom left, you can search for keywords like "birthday," "party" or similar, choose a GIF and send it. Always enter your search term in English, then you will get better results.
When Birthday Wishes via WhatsApp Are Appropriate
Giving your birthday wishes via WhatsApp is not always welcome. The older generation in particular would sometimes like more personal contact, such as a phone call.
Especially when it comes to close family members, you should congratulate them personally if possible. Of course, it could also be the case that you are out of town or that your working hours simply do not allow for a personal conversation.
Especially among friends or work colleagues, it is therefore perfectly fine these days if you send them a birthday message via WhatsApp.
You might even see each other at a party that same evening or a few days later. Sending birthday wishes in the morning is also a good idea if you don’t want to send them too late in the day or repeat them again in person.