“Happy Birthday” Wishes to Your Best Friend: 88 Quotes + 5 Tips
Their special day is close and you still desperately need some nice birthday wishes for your best friend? We’ve gathered some tips and suggestions to make your greetings for them a real highlight.
Filling a birthday card with the right words is not so easy. Many people struggle to come up with nice sayings and kind words. It is an especially big challenge when the birthday boy or girl is someone very close to you, for example, your best friend.
Beautiful Birthday Wishes and Quotes to Your Best Friend
It doesn’t matter whether you want to make them laugh or let them know how much you value your friendship. We have carefully selected a range of messages for you that are guaranteed to make your best friend’s day.
“Happy Birthday to my Girl” Wishes for a Female Best Friend
The friendships girls share are like no other – sharing secrets, endless laughter and doing everything together. Do you need an extra special birthday wish for your best gal pal?
Check out these fun and sweet birthday wishes for your girl best friend. They are sure to put a smile on her face.
- Happy birthday to my bestie! I hope you enjoy your special day to the fullest.
- Wishing my partner in crime a very happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to my best friend in the whole wide world!
- Count your blessings, not your wrinkles. Happy birthday to my best gal!
- Everybody says they’ve got the best friend in the world, but in my case, it’s actually true. Happy Birthday, bestie!
- Happy birthday to someone who has EXCELLENT taste in best friends. Have the best day!
- Happy, happy birthday! You deserve all the cakes, love, hugs and happiness today. Enjoy your day, my friend!
- I can’t believe it’s your birthday! You make getting older look real good.
- We’ve been best friends for so long, I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence. Happy birthday, girl!
- Best friends who party together, stay together. Happy birthday, girl – now let’s pop that champagne!
- Happiest of birthdays to my BFF. Wishing you another year of immense joy, love, and laughter. All my love, always.
- Just a little reminder that calories don’t count on your birthday, so go on and have another slice of cake.
“Happy 50th Birthday” Wishes for Your Best Friend
If there’s a milestone worth celebrating in somebody’s life, it’s their 50th birthday – all the more so when it’s your best friend. And if you’ve been best friends since childhood, then your birthday wish for their 50th is even more special.
Below are some sweet and some cheeky birthday card messages for your best friend on their 50th birthday.
- Congratulations on reaching this incredible journey to 50. Here’s to us making more memories together in the coming years.
- Happy Golden Birthday! Cheers to the many wonderful years we’ve had together.
- 50 cheers to 50 great years. Now, let’s celebrate, friend!
- Hey, Friend! You’re the youngest 50-year-old I know!
- Happy birthday to the kindest, most generous person I know. I hope you have a fantastic 50th birthday and that the years ahead are long and full of many blessings to you and your family
- Happy birthday! May the next half-century of your life be as wonderful as the first.
- Don’t worry, dear friend, they’re not wrinkles, they’re smile lines, and I hope you have plenty more by the time you’re 60!
- You make turning 50 look amazing. Happy birthday, friend!
- You are not the oldest person I know. In fact, you are the youngest person turning 50. Happy Birthday!
- It’s amazing to celebrate your 50th birthday. Special day, special moment, and even more special is you.
- Finally, the most awaited day is here. Happy 50th birthday, dear friend. Through all these years, you’ve never made a fuss over yourself – so let’s change that today and celebrate the wonderful years gone by and the many prosperous years ahead!
- Look back and see all your happy days. Though the time flew and things changed, our memories will remain the same. Happy 50th birthday!
Funny Birthday Quotes for a Best Friend
More than anything, best friends love to make each other laugh and kid around together. As such, a funny quote should by no means be missing from their birthday card. A bit of friendly teasing will also go down well and can cause a laugh or two.
- As your friend, I’ve always got your back. Mostly to stick funny stickers on it when you’re not looking or kick you in the ass. Of course, I won’t be doing any of that today, because you need to celebrate your birthday in full spirits. Happy birthday!
- You’re crazy. But the best friends are always a bit crazy. I guess I’m crazy too. To summarize: I’m great, you’re great. Now that we’re on the same page: wishing you a wonderful day today. Happy birthday!
- You may be turning [age] today, but we will always be friends until we are old and senile. And then we’ll become new friends again. All the best on your birthday!
- We go together like unicorns and glitter!
- A good friend is like a bra: hard to find, supportive, comfortable, lifting and very close to your heart. With that in mind: Have a great birthday!
- Here’s a birthday recipe for you: 1 pair of new shoes, 1 new dress, 3 bottles of champagne, 1 birthday cake, 20 candles and lots of love on your special day.
- Look at the bright side: the more candles burning, the bigger your birthday cake has to be. As your best friend, I naturally feel obligated to help you eat this giant cake. It’s a good thing you’ve got me. Have a wonderful birthday!
- “Best friends are like socks. Not always together, but always a perfect pair.” Sorry I can’t be with you on your special day. But I’m drinking a toast to you and thinking about you. Happy birthday!
- Friends come and go like the waves of the ocean. Best friends stick around like an octopus on your face. My dear octopus, wishing you a wonderful day. Happy Birthday!
- I love my own birthday, but today I’m happy it’s your special day. At least this way, I don’t have to listen to your singing. Lots of love and have a wonderful day. Happy Birthday!
Meaningful Birthday Messages to Your Best Friend
We often don’t get the chance to tell our best friends how very special they are to us. So their birthday is the perfect opportunity to put these words to paper and send a heartfelt message thanking them for their friendship.
Whether they’ve been there for you in tough times, or have had a difficult year themselves, or maybe you just want to express your gratitude for all the happy times you’ve spent together – a birthday card is the perfect place to show you care.
- I’m so grateful you came into my life when you did. Happiest of birthdays to my best friend.
- Thank you for always picking up the phone, always being there and always supporting me in everything I do. I’d do anything for you, especially today on your birthday! Have a great day.
- I’m so proud of you and all that you do. Here’s to the world’s best friend on your birthday!
- It’s been an honor to watch you grow over the years. May the next one bring more blessings.
- Wishing you all the best on your birthday. I hope the coming year brings you all the good fortune you deserve. You’re a great friend and I am so thankful for your presence in my life.
- “A good friend knows all your best stories. A best friend has lived them with you.” (Unknown)
Happy birthday, best friend. Here’s to making many more stories together.
- Happy Birthday! I hope your day is full of joy. I can’t imagine a day without you. Let’s celebrate the many good times we’ve shared through the years.
- A friend like you is hard to find, and I’m so lucky I did. You’ve always been a true and honest friend that brightens my day with smiles. May all your dreams come true on your special day.
- You have taught me the true meaning of friendship – not just celebrating the good times together, but standing with each other on the bad, too. But today, let’s celebrate the good times. Happy birthday, dearest friend.
- My dear friend, we have known each other for too long. We’ve been through thick and thin together and now, looking back, I realize some of my happiest moments are the ones we spent together. I hope we will always be by each other’s side for the rest of our lives! Happy Birthday!
- You have always been in my corner whenever I was in trouble. You were there for me even when nobody was. I will treasure you forever and ever. Happy birthday, dear pal!
- Life without you would be dull and boring. Your jokes have never failed to put a smile on my face. I am grateful for all the happiness you’ve shared with me. Here’s to continuing our journey as soul mates, inseparable as ever! No doubt you deserve to be pampered today!
Beautiful Birthday Quotes about Your Very Special Friend
A close friendship that weathers the years, where you can talk about anything and everything, is no longer a given these days. So it’s all the more important to regularly share with each other how precious and valuable your friendship is.
- You have been and always will be: my best friend. Happy birthday, my dear!
- “What matters in life cannot be anticipated. The greatest joy is always experienced where it is least expected.” (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
Just like how I never expected to meet you. Happy birthday!
- “Friendship is like home.” (Kurt Tucholsky)
Hanging out with you always feels like coming home. Happy birthday!
- “Friendship lives on an uninhibited exchange of ideas.” (Michel de Montaigne)
I am so unbelievably happy that we can always tell each other everything. You’re the best! Happy birthday!
- “True friendship is as rare as a winning lottery ticket.” (Unknown)
For once, I got lucky and won. Warmest wishes and a happy birthday!
- “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Let’s keep being stupid together! Happy birthday, my dear friend.
- “True friendship is like one soul splitting in two halves to live in two bodies.” (Unknown)
- You’re not just my best friend, you’re my kindred spirit. Wishing you a wonderful day and for all your dreams to come true. Happy birthday!
- “Some people, they’re like the sea. And their friendship is like a beautiful spot on the beach.” (Unknown)
That’s exactly how I feel when we spend time together. Wishing you a happy birthday, my dear friend! May we sit by the sea together some time in the near future.
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” (Aristotle)
Happiest of birthdays to my soul sister. May your day be full of joy and laughter.
- “Friendship means sharing dreams, common beliefs, trusting in something and assuming it will last for all eternity.” (Unknown)
That’s why I always enjoy our time together so much and would never want to be without you. Happy birthday, dear friend!
Heart Touching Birthday Messages and Quotes for a Best Friend
Maybe you would also like to adorn your card with a profound quote or saying. Messages like that can be very touching and give us food for thought, but can also be encouraging. So in that regard, you can also share them to show you’ll always be there.
- “Happiness in life isn’t having few or no difficulties, but victoriously and illustriously overcoming them.” (Carl Hilty)
Through all your difficulties, I will always be by your side and help you to get through them together. Warmest wishes and the happiest of birthdays.
- You are absolutely one of a kind and I couldn’t imagine a better friend! Wishing you a wonderful day and a happy birthday!
- “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” (Abraham Lincoln)
With that in mind, let’s not celebrate your age, but your wonderful life and our friendship. And you, as an exceptional person who has made my life so much better. Happy birthday!
- “Finding people who feel and empathize with us is the most beautiful happiness on earth.” (Carl Spitteler)
I am grateful I have you and I wish you only the best on your birthday.
- “A true friend contributes more to our happiness than a thousand enemies to our unhappiness.” (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
I am so unbelievably happy to have you in my life. Happy birthday, my friend! Treat yourself and have a wonderful celebration.
- “Life and unlimited joy means love.” (Friedrich von Schlegel)
We have shared so many happy moments together, it’s a wonder we haven’t burst from happiness. May there be plenty more moments full of joy. Happy birthday and enjoy your day today.
- “Happiness is finding someone who knows you’re not perfect but acts like you are.”
You are the perfect best friend for me, with all your little quirks. Happy birthday!
- “Every gift is welcomed, but above all: may you succeed in what you strive for.” (Wilhelm Busch)
Wishing you never-ending courage, strength and happiness in following your dreams and making them a reality. Have a wonderful day today and enjoy it with your loved ones.
- “Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.” (Mark Twain)
Today of all days should be extra special. Let’s celebrate properly and drink a toast to you! Happy birthday!
- “No one is so old that he does not think he could live another year.” (Marcus Tullius Cicero)
We’re slowly getting old too, so let’s celebrate properly and do something! All the best on your birthday!
Even though most of these quotes have nothing to do with birthdays per se, they still work wonderfully as birthday greetings. They are very personal and in addition to congratulating, they also give the recipient something to think about.
“Happy Birthday, Man”: Wishes for a Male Best Friend
Your best buddy’s birthday is coming up and you need a message to wish him a great day – whether you want a heartfelt message, a funny one or a cheeky one, we’ve compiled a list of great options below.
It’s always a good idea to choose an option that captures your friendship. A birthday greeting that mentions your favorite shared pastime, your unique sense of humor or a funny memory you share is always going to go down well.
- Happy birthday to my old pal. Thanks for being such a great influence in my life. Enjoy your special day like tomorrow will never come.
- Happy birthday to my favorite old man! You’re one year closer to wearing suspenders and shouting at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn.
- Live like a king today, my friend, because this day is all about you. Looking forward to celebrating together. Happy Birthday!
- I’m blessed to have a buddy like you. Happy birthday, mate. Wishing you a day full of happiness.
- Wishing my awesome friend a very happy birthday and a wonderful year ahead. Make the most of your day!
- Happy birthday to the other half of our bro-mance. Here’s to another year of embarrassing each other in public.
- Happy birthday to my favorite drinking buddy. Here’s to another year of questionable decisions and no regrets!
- Happy birthday to the best pal a guy could have. May your special day be full to the brim of guilty pleasures.
- Happy birthday, buddy! You’re not getting older, you’re just getting closer to being a wizard.
- I bless the day we first met each other and became friends. Your friendship is part of the reason I am what I am today. Happy birthday, buddy.
- Happy birthday to my fellow [sports team] fan. Let’s grab some wings and beer and watch the game together to celebrate.
- You may be another year old, man, but at least you still have hair on your head. Not all of us can boast about that. Happy birthday, pal!
Short “Happy Birthday to my Best Friend” Messages for WhatsApp
Sometimes, daily life gets the better of us and we don’t get a chance to call our best friends on their special day. Or maybe they just can’t be reached.
In such cases, WhatsApp works wonderfully: a sweet message, a short saying and the birthday wish is taken care of.
A simple “Happy birthday” or “Enjoy your birthday” is admittedly quite unimaginative and impersonal. That’s why we have a few short, amusing birthday wishes that you can easily send via WhatsApp. That way, you’re guaranteed to bring a smile to the birthday boy or girl’s face.
- The paint’s worn off, but the primer is still as good as ever! Happy Birthday!
- Birthday wishes for the best friend in the world: There’s not enough room on the birthday cake to describe how great you are. Happy Birthday!
- Never put off ‘till tomorrow what you can uncork today! Here’s to you, my dear! Cheers!
- I won’t be wishing you a nice day on your birthday. No, instead, I wish you many nice days, wonderful weeks, sunny months and of course many happy years that hopefully we continue to enjoy together as best friends.
- Warmth in your heart and joie de vivre – may you be blessed with these things in the coming year! All the best on your birthday!
- Women don’t age past [age] anymore – they mature like fine wine. Here’s to you on your special day!
- Birthday wishes for my best friend: sending you a tight hug and a kiss from afar! Happiest of birthdays to you!
- I had wanted to say happy birthday in person, but seeing old people always depresses me… Just kidding! Hopefully we can drink a toast to you together soon. Until then, have a wonderful day!
- May the happiest days of the years gone by be outshone by the ones to come. And I’ll be there by your side with a bottle of champagne, ready to listen every time. Happy Birthday!
- Someone that means a lot to me turned [age] today. Is that you? Well then, happiest of birthdays to you! Have a great time!
Tips for Birthday Wishes to Your Best Friend
Having a best friend is a precious commodity. Not everyone can count themselves lucky enough to have such an important person in their lives.
You can tell each other anything, blindly trust each other, and time spent together flies by. What’s more, you share a ton of memories together and know and accept all of each other’s flaws.
All the more reason for wanting to bring this important person enormous joy on their birthday. Below are some tips to make sure you’re able to do exactly that.
Use Inside Jokes
Most best friends have known each other for a long time, have had lots of experiences together, and know each other inside and out. So it’s no surprise then that you end up developing jokes and references over the years that only you understand.
These jokes are also called inside jokes and are something very special. Other people will probably give you strange looks as you laugh about something they don’t understand. You two, on the other hand, will just give each other conspiratorial, knowing looks.
If you and your best friend share little inside jokes like these, you should definitely use them for your birthday card too. After all, you’re the only person that knows the joke – and the birthday boy or girl is the only one that understands it. So a laugh is guaranteed for the two of you, while also showing each other how unique your friendship is.
Nicknames are another form of inside joke. Best friends often give each other pet names that are very different from the ones given by partners or family. The names often have a special meaning or a funny story.
Try using your personal nickname when addressing the birthday card to your best friend. That way, you can be absolutely sure your birthday wish will stand out among the rest.
Describe Why They’re Your Best Friend
Why not try writing your best friend a small letter explaining exactly why they’re your best friend. Write about their positive character traits or experiences you’ve shared that cemented your friendship. Perhaps you could even retell the story of how you met.
Add a few funny anecdotes and some nice memories and you’ve got yourself a wonderful, personal letter for your best friend. There are no limits to your creativity. Such things can only come from you and you can be sure that your text will be different from all the other birthday wishes.
If you’ve already known each other for a long time, then you are sure to already have had many experiences together. Photos are often taken during such experiences. Maybe you even have a nice or funny photo of you two, or even multiple photos. That way, you could try making a collage.
Photos always give a good idea of how well you know a person and of all the experiences you’ve shared together. If you’re with your best friend on their birthday, a nice photo will be sure to send them right down memory lane.
Personalize Your Birthday Card
If you’re looking for birthday wishes, you’re more than likely planning on writing a card. Naturally, you could just buy one – after all, it’s what’s inside that counts. But if you would like to make it a bit more unique and personal, you can always make a special homemade birthday card.
Gift Ideas for a Best Friend
If, in addition to a birthday card, you’re also missing a present for your best friend, then we’ve got some ideas to prepare you as well as possible for this special day in this chapter.
Obviously, you know your best friend the best. Maybe you even have traditions for your annual gifts to each other. Or maybe you would like to think of something extra special, but you just can’t come up with any good ideas. Then go ahead and let yourself be inspired by the following suggestions.
When it comes to booking experiences for you both, don’t forget to find out in advance whether your best friend is free on that day.
- Concert tickets
- Voucher for a spa day/weekend
- A short getaway
- Wine tasting
- A meal
- Baking cakes together
- Evening of cooking
- Printed mug
- Framed photograph
- Light chain with hanging photos
- Gift basket full of their favorite foods
- Beautiful decorative items
- Books (maybe your favorite book?)
- DIY gifts