Morning Coffee – 23 March 2020
Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- A few weeks back Macmillan proposed new contract terms for libraries. The ALA’s position is that the existing terms are already unfavorable to libraries, and the new terms are even shittier.
- If you’re looking for a class to take during the quarantine, Yoast has made their SEO training course free.
- In the age of COVID-19, livestreaming is the new chatting over coffee.
- If you’ve been thinking about updating your author blog so it’s now an author website, I have a few ideas.
- Barnes & Noble is expected to cut staff in response to the Coronavirus epidemic.
- Amazon has announced that it is prioritizing shipments of essentials goods during the current crisis. PW (and pretty much everyone else) has misinterpreted that to mean Amazon is deprioritizing books, which is not the same thing.
- If COVID-19 has disrupted your job to the same degree that it impacted mine, I have advice for you on moving forward.