Morning Coffee – 5 April 2021
Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- A bill which would require mandatory ebook licensing for libraries clears the Maryland legislature. That is exactly what should happen.
- HarperCollins is acquiring HMH’s trade division for $349 million.
- This hat shows just how Anglocentric book publishing really is.
- Troy Hunt has a fascinating (albeit highly technical) tale about how he is fighting back against websites that try to mine cryptocurrency in their visitors' web browsers.
- Not only are we pronouncing the words wrong when performing Shakespeare’s plays, but we’re also getting the rhythm wrong.
P.S. If you need a tech VA or help with your website, email me at [email protected]. Got a story that I should include in next week’s list? Shoot me an email.
P.P.S. Today is my birthday. I am now the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything years old.