80th birthday: 80 sayings, 8 texts + 5 gift ideas
For 80th birthday we have sayings and texts with pictures for you, which are suitable for any kind of birthday girl. Use them for inspiration or write them directly in a birthday card. You will also find and some nice gift ideas for the eightieth.
Everyone celebrates their 80th birthday differently. Some 80-year-olds organize a large celebration with many guests, others love it in a close circle with coffee and cake and let it go rather quietly. In any case, you will find a suitable saying.
The best sayings for the 80th birthday
80 years – a proud age, which is not granted to everyone. So it is quite normal that not every or every 80-year-old is still fit.
They differ greatly in their vitality, which is why your congratulations should always be adapted to what kind of life the birthday boy or girl leads.
Many of our sayings rhyme because this generation still had to memorize familiar poems in school and they grew up with rhymes and sayings.
Beautiful 80th birthday sayings
The 80th birthday is a particularly joyous occasion, where beautiful sayings can not be missing. Whether relatives, friends or acquaintances: A beautiful saying is always a good idea.
It is formulated for all contacts and appropriate to the occasion and honors the achievement of having reached a proud 80 years. However, you should always make sure that the saying also fits the lifestyle of the 80-year-old.
- I wish you health, happiness and well-being.
You should continue to look forward even after 80 years.
Just forget about worries and all the rest today.
Seize the day and enjoy the celebration.
- Congratulations on your 80th birthday! I wish that life may bring you only good things.
Let yourself celebrate and honor today, a glass to this no one can deny you! You are still very young at heart, and we celebrate at this hour.
- Happy birthday 80 times, the clock ticks forward, not back! Only good things shall continue to bring the time: Health, joy, serenity!
- Recipe for a happy year of life:
Take some happiness,
of love also a piece,
patience and a little time,
The whole well stirred
leads to long life.
- Enjoy the celebration of the 80th year. I’m sure it will be wonderful! Let yourself be celebrated and congratulated: You shall never lose your cheerfulness. You should always accompany health. And do not be tempted to gloom.
- Instead of complaining about getting older, rather be proud of the fact that you have already mastered three decades in this world! I’m proud of you and wish you a little more serenity, joy and lots of laughter for your 30th birthday!
- He who thinks to realize when he is older the hopes and desires of youth is always deceiving himself, for every decade of a man’s life possesses its own kind of happiness, its own hopes and prospects.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- Remember not only what has been done, but still what will be done. Happy birthday!
- At 80, you have no more responsibilities! The kids are taken care of, the work is done, you now have time to do what you always wanted to do.
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young.
- To the 80th there I wish you health and good luck. You were always a great joy to me, and I look back with pleasure. But today let’s go forward and be of good cheer. Happy birthday!
- I wish you for the day of joy, when you raise your glass, that you, whatever may come, to the 80th experience your most beautiful celebration!
- Eighty years ago, you saw the light of day. I hope you look back on all that time with a smile.
- Today you celebrate your 80th birthday and so many people are happy with you. In all the past years, you have always given love and also received love. For your family and numerous other companions, you are like a strong, beautiful tree. A place where one likes to linger because it gives strength and offers protection.We thank you for this and wish you continued energy, joy of life and health.
- At 80, you have achieved many goals, certainly it was not always easy. We wish you not only for the moment, lots of love and lots of happiness.
Make the birthday boy or girl happy with a suitable selection. For example, if you know that rhymes are popular with the newly 80-year-old and he or she likes poetry, you should definitely choose a rhymed saying.
It’s the same when it comes to personal references like children or grandchildren or even toasting with alcohol. For example, if the person does not drink or does not have children or grandchildren at all, it does not make sense to choose such a saying. So read your congratulatory saying thoroughly beforehand.
Sayings and Quotes About Aging for Quiet Seniors
At 80, you’ve really earned your rest. Many 80-year-olds enjoy their lives free from stress and time pressure and take things at a more leisurely pace. Some also already have physical infirmities.
For seniors of this type, we have selected the appropriate sayings. Here you will find wisdoms of life and wise sayings, which are also suitable as birthday sayings.
- The beauty of age is that you have much more world view, despite increasing myopia.
- "Carpe diem!" – Seize the day! This saying of the Roman Horace should apply to each of us at any age. Let it continue to be a guide for you, too, through a life filled with joy, enterprise, and respite.
- We are all getting calmer and older, but your youthful charisma remains.
- And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
- So with eighty one has
settled in, most certainly.
It now goes more quietly and comfortably
But also quite pleasant.
- At 80, life certainly hasn’t always been easy,
but you’ve accomplished all your personal goals.
- Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
- To live 80 years, it takes a lot of strength and strong nerves. You have managed these years very well and earned your time.
- Surely you have not always experienced only the sunny side of life in the 80 years of your life. But you have persevered and we are proud of you. Enjoy the quiet times, you are a wonderful person and have earned it!
- 80 is a milestone,
in the age I would also like to be times.
I hope then I have also achieved so much
and time that finally passes more slowly,
that you can enjoy it to the fullest,
oh that would be a pleasure!
I congratulate warmly on this great age.
- He who does not understand the meaning of his age has all the misfortunes of his age.
- The age is after all just a number.
- In youth we learn, in age we understand.
(Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- Like a fine wine or a vintage car, your value only increases in years.
- Staying young means not letting your memories age with you.
With a proud age of 80, you have already experienced and seen a lot. Most 80-year-olds probably have children or grandchildren and a spouse.
Most importantly, they have lived through social change and witnessed firsthand what we now call history. They are witnesses of their time and should be given the chance to share what they have experienced, even in their old age.
It is worth listening more closely to their stories and being patient. For they carry a wisdom that only the years can bring. You can also value this wisdom through your sayings and encourage the birthday boy or girl to share something from their youth.
Funny sayings for fit 80-year-olds
Fitness is relative at that age, of course. Only very few people are really fit and athletic anymore. But there are numerous 80-year-olds who are still quite vital for their age. Many still ride a bicycle or even go walking.
We have sayings for you that are suitable for fit 80-year-olds. They still sparkle with life and emphasize that life is not over at 80.
Seniors who have the life motto that there is always something to do and that the drive should still be lived out will love these sayings.
- Congratulations on your 80th birthday. I am impressed and proud of you. As well as you use your time, keep your body and mind fit and take care of those around you, you are truly a role model for all 80-year-olds!
- Your body is healthy and fit, your mind is wise.
Isn’t this the perfect time for a nice trip around the world?
- Still loud and not quiet at all, I think there’s still time for a trip. Think about it, where have you never been? Make an effort, have some imagination. I’d love to go there with you, so that we can have fun and be happy there.
- The harvest of old age is the recollection and abundance of blessing previously secured.
(Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- Congratulations from the bottom of my heart.
At 80 years you must be really smart.
You’re still agile and super fit,
bouncing around like karate kid.
- What do you mean, already 80 years? This question must be allowed, so really no one can believe it. Is this number true? Can it be? When one sees you, then one thinks "no"! You have really kept great and still far from counting to the "old".
- The paint is far from off, your life keeps you well on your toes. Even with your eighty years, you are constantly testing your limits. You have to keep that behaviour, then you are really unstoppable.
- Every minute you laugh will extend your life by an hour.
- At eighty you are still fit and agile! We celebrate and get lots of champagne for this goal. Stay as you are and enjoy your life life, because who does not laugh, lives in vain!
- Even at 80, life pulsates with you, so today you are surrounded by your loved ones.
- At 80 you can finally do all the great wild things.
- For 80 you’re doing really well,
before that we take our hats off.
Keep up the good work and stay healthy,
then you’ll make it to 90 easily.
- You are still so full of verve, I think I’ll put it on now and invite you hereby
to the dance class, yes so it should be. Please let me know, when do you have time?
- You are 80 now, I can hardly believe it,
I would not see it with my own eyes.
You’re still so active, you could pull out trees,
something you can really only approve.
- It is so unfair that you manage to wear
Eighty years in a youthful way!
For your healthy glow and the spring in your step
Take many of those years away!
You age almost not with hardly a spot
I can scarcely believe my eyes
Please share how you manage, if only with me,
How you stay both good-looking and wise.
If you’re still fit at 80, it’s either because of a healthy lifestyle or really good genes. Fit 80-year-olds are still active and like to use their remaining time to try new hobbies, do some more work or take care of their grandchildren.
Short 80th birthday wishes
Use our short sayings and quotes to fill your card, recite them as a toast, or write them on a gift tag. Depending on how well you know the birthday boy or girl, you should also choose your sayings.
If it’s someone you know, a short saying can stand on its own. However, if you congratulate a relative or a good friend, you should always write your own text in your birthday card;
- 80 years are accomplished, in which you have done a lot. I wish you good luck on all paths, health and a long life.
- One never notices what has been done, one can only see what remains to be done.
- The longer a good violin is played, the more beautiful is its tone.
- The secret of happiness is to count the highlights of life instead of birthdays.
- 80 my goodness, congratulations on such a proud age and that there are so many people who love you.
- You are here on earth for 80 years now, believe me, everyone wants to be.
- Eighty is a very proud age. For that I wish you health, happiness and humor!
- I wish you for the next 10 years, that you radiate as much joy of life as today.
- Great admiration I cherish, best wishes only for you: a long life in health, joy, happiness and cheerfulness.
- You have with your 80 still a lot of momentum, in the heart you are still young.
- 80 steps on the ladder of life. I wish that you continue to climb them for a long time.
- 80 years you are young, full of life, full of vim.
- Health and happiness shall always accompany you.
For your 80th birthday I wish you golden times!
- Here you sit now with 80 years and graying light hair.
You have always been there for your children and grandchildren, so we say thank you. You are truly wonderful.
- Happy 80th birthday! May many more birthdays follow.
Funny sayings for the 80th birthday
Jokes and funny sayings should be taken with a grain of salt. Especially for the 80th birthday, not only sayings that make fun of age can tick off. Humor can also differ greatly from generation to generation.
Of course, there are also many modern and cheerful natures of this generation, for which the following sayings will be well suited. Weigh beforehand whether the birthday boy or girl also understands your humor and is not miffed when you congratulate with a funny saying on the 80th birthday.
- The best part of being eighty, is that you did all your stupid stuff before the internet.
- At 80 years old, you’re like a valuable classic car. Rich in miles, slight signs of use, but still in good shape.
- You are like a good drop of wine,
with every year you will be better.
A good flavor through life experience,
strong in taste and young in finish.
The fire in the glass is easy to ignite,
you taste good with many great things.
Such a noble drop must be stored well,
I wish you at least 80 more years on earth!
- To be young is beautiful; to be old is comfortable.
(Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)
- Hey, you’re now 29,200 days old. That’s quite an accomplishment!
- A few words of wisdom on the secret of eternal youth: lie about your true age.
- According to statistics, you’ve been kissed well over 80,000 times so far. May you add a few thousand more today!
- Finally 80 – now you can cane those who annoy you!
- You’re 80 now? Great, the perfect age for fun cruises, let’s go!
- Congratulations, you’ve finally reached the wonder years… wonder where your car is parked? Wonder where you left your phone? Wonder where your glasses are? Wonder what day it is?
- The years have passed by without a trace. It must have been the weekends that marked you.
- You didn’t turn 80 today, but 60 with 20 years of experience.
- Here’s to a happy 80 years,
And cheers to many more.
Who cares that you are greying?
We love you to the core!
- You know you’re 80 when someone offers you a seat on the bus. And you don’t refuse.
- Should someone call you old, then hit him with your stick and throw your dentures after him!
Today’s humor often moves in gray areas, is sarcastic and is borderline. This often tends to be seen as bad manners in the older generation.
The society in which today’s 80-year-olds grew up was still strongly norm-oriented. It wasn’t proper to openly address uncomfortable topics like aging – let alone make fun of it.
Note that in addition to a funny saying, you should always write your own little text in which you express serious congratulations.
If you use the funny sayings properly, they can lift the mood and make both the guests and the birthday boy or girl laugh. Use them as a drinking toast or as a closing for a birthday speech.
Especially for a speech that was a bit more serious or even emotional, it pays to use a funny saying as the closing words. This will quickly get everyone back in a good mood.
Short poems as 80th birthday wishes
The following short poems refer to some personal qualities that the birthday boy or girl might have. They differ in their choice of words and thematic focus to make it easier for you to choose which poem fits best.
Some are about getting older, some are more about the fun you’ve had and can still have in life. They have a title, which you can quickly see whether or not each short poem is suitable for your congratulations.
My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a water’d shoot;
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose boughs are bent with thickset fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these
Because my love is come to me.
Raise me a dais of silk and down;
Hang it with vair and purple dyes;
Carve it in doves and pomegranates,
And peacocks with a hundred eyes;
Work it in gold and silver grapes,
In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys;
Because the birthday of my life
Is come, my love is come to me.
All our lifetimes,
have very special sides,
whether happy, sad or cheerful,
it’s you that decides.
We all grow older,
but one thing is true in every case:
Who lives the life meaningfully with much momentum,
will live his life with grace!
A bit of fun is essential
"A little fun" must be included in life everyday,
ignore the people that stand in your way.
Now let us celebrate that you’re here with us,
pop the champagne, there’s nothing to discuss!
Always in a good mood
You’re always in a good mood,
even at 80, you have never been rude.
Always infect us with your cheerfulness.
Always appeared to have fearlessness.
Today we celebrate you.
Because in our point of view
You are the sunshine of us all,
That’s why we never let you fall.
The aging you would like to postpone,
but today you sit on a throne.
We know you would rather run,
– but do not worry, even with 80 you still have a lot of fun!
With pride you look back today,
And enjoy your life’s happiness.
Have accomplished much and spared no work,
and rejoiced at every small or great success.
If you look today at your life balance,
the autumn of your life is shining in the golden sunshine,
enjoy it with a glass of wine.
– it shall not be your last birthday!
The clock of life
The clock of life counts every hour,
In difficult moments and cheerful round.
But still you have the power,
and today you shall be crowned.
Your clock of life shows "80" today,
We would like to toast with you.
So throw your worries away
and see how much you grew!
You are my friend
Happy birthday, my dear friend
I’ll be there for you, till the end
Your love and kindness, shines right through
Our midnight talks, are never few.
Even if you don’t like to celebrate your birthday, we want you to know how much we love you. You have already achieved a lot in the 80 years and can be proud of it. May you live many more years and stay healthy and lively. Happy birthday!
Young at heart
"Beautiful is youth" is written in a folk song. But age also has beautiful sides. Serenely one looks forward to the future, rich in experience, one is prepared for many everyday storms. Dear friend, stay young at heart, happy and healthy as today!
Wishing a happy 80th birthday
Modern medicine makes it possible for many people to reach the age of 80. Nevertheless, it does not mean the same for everyone. Where some are already physically breaking down and enjoying life in peace, others are still mentally young at heart and full of zest for action.
But one thing is certain: at 80, very few people are still working and their days can be used to the full. The most beautiful thing about this age is the peace and quiet. There is no longer any time pressure that could prevent you from enjoying life.
Many people at this age have children and grandchildren. In addition, their life experience has given them a wisdom that only time can bring. All of this wants to be celebrated and appreciated.
Texts for the 80th birthday
The following sample texts are a bit more personalized. Many of them contain a saying or a quotation, which will be discussed afterwards.
Even if there is a nice saying or a small poem in a birthday card, no one should fail to write their own short text in the card as well.
Sayings and poems can also be meaningful, yet a few personal words are even nicer for most people. The combination of both will make your congratulations perfect.
Let the texts inspire you. Maybe you’ll even get lucky and one of them will perfectly fit the birthday boy or girl you want to congratulate on their 80th birthday.
Wishing Grandma a happy 80th birthday
Egg, is that why I turned eighty, that I should always think the same? I strive rather to think daily something different, new, in order not to become boring. One must continually change, renew, rejuvenate, so as not to become stubborn.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
you are always cheerful, always fashionably dressed, enjoy life as it is and do not close yourself to new things. A grandma who is so open-minded and spiritually young at heart, you really do not find every day!
I am proud to have such a cool grandma and wish you for the next years that you stay as you are, lots of health and lots of energy for your drive.
Happy 80th birthday. I really love you very much.
To Grandpa on his 80th birthday
'Nature' is what we see—
The Hill—the Afternoon—
Squirrel—Eclipse—the Bumble bee—
Nay—Nature is Heaven—
Nature is what we hear—
The Bobolink—the Sea—
Nay—Nature is Harmony—
Nature is what we know—
Yet have no art to say—
So impotent Our Wisdom is
To her Simplicity.
I admire your closeness to nature and am grateful that you showed me how important it is to appreciate and love your environment. In the end, your nature also thanked you and you are still fit at 80. years! For this I congratulate you warmly and wish you continued health and all the best for the future.
A poem to mother
Like my mother’s face,
like a ship
that carried me along
through the deadliest storm.
(Rainer Maria Rilke)
all this I had to tell you again. You are the most wonderful mom in the world. Because you are not only my best friend, but also my rock. You can be proud of yourself. I certainly am. Happy 80th birthday! I love you to no end.
Birthday wishes for father
Now it’s already a proud 80 years,
You’ve always been there for us,
You cared for us and laughed with us,
You made our lives so much more beautiful!
All the more we wish you today,
bliss and a day full of joy.
Thank you for everything, Dad! Happy 80th birthday to you, and on that note, I want to tell you what a great person you are. Keep up the good work, I love you.
To your aunt or uncle
80 years – wonderful,.
you don’t celebrate them every year!
80 years – a long time,
marked by love, happiness and sorrow!
80 years – seen a lot,
Some things have happened since then!
80 years – a full life,
Only little taken and much given!
80 years – congratulations.
on your birthday party here!
I wish you happy hours today and that you have only dear people around you. I wish you much more time and good health and much joy on your special day. Happy 80th birthday!
Birthday wishes to the brother
The secret of happiness is to count the highlights of life instead of birthdays.
Even the 80th year of life still holds secrets for you and since one can never gather enough life experience, I wish you to make some more great ones of them and enjoy the time until the round 90. Congratulations on your birthday!
To your sister
On your great holiday,
let me tell you how much I like you.
Your wonderful laugh
can always make me happy.
Your great pleasure in life,
makes me float with joy.
I like your mouth, the eyes, the hair,
I like every one of your eighty years.
That’s why I wish you continued joy and also peace,
be you and me still long!
I am happy that we celebrate together today and look back on our time together. My life would have been much emptier without you and I am grateful that you always accompanied me on my way.
I wish you only the best for the future. Happy 80th birthday!
Birthday wishes to your friend
Life would be much nicer if we were 80-year-olds.
Born and slowly, slowly we reached 18.
Ah, if only we had always been as wise as we are now, we would have spared ourselves many a foolishness. But I’m glad you were by my side through every foolishness and every worry, and I wouldn’t want to undo anything. You can be proud of who you will be, who you are and who you have been in all your years.
Congratulations on your 80th birthday!
Gift ideas for the 80th birthday
Birthdays happen every year and every year creativity is again in demand. Especially with a round, high birthday like this, you certainly want to give something special.
For this reason, we have five different gift ideas for you in this chapter, which are wonderfully suitable for an 80th birthday.
A historical newspaper
What actually happened at the time the birthday boy or girl was born? Increasingly popular as gifts for the older generation are historical newspapers. You can choose them by the year and even by the exact date of birth and order them online.
People over 80 in particular spend a lot of time mentally in the past, because that’s where they still had adventures, were vital and fit, and long to go back to 'the good old days'. A historical newspaper can bring this feeling even closer to them. Without question, the person celebrating will be delighted with this special gift.
Engraving and printing
Having things engraved and printed is not only beautiful and easy, but also personal. Consider beforehand whether the birthday boy or girl with his proud 80 years still drinks alcohol or rather reaches for coffee or tea. Depending on this, you can, for example, engrave a whiskey or wine glass or have a cup printed.
Anything made of glass is suitable for engraving: choose one of our short 80th birthday wishes or think about a short dedication, such as "For my dearest grandma on her 80th from your granddaughter Klara".
Cup printing even offers the possibility to put joint photos on a cup. It’s best to choose a photo of the whole family or both of you as a personalized gift.
If the 80-year-old loves to cook, a cutting board with engraving is also suitable. This can also be ordered online or made at most Christmas markets.
A memory album
You can either make it yourself, buy it in a bookstore, or order it online: A memory album is always a good idea! It’s a great way for grandma and grandpa to leave great stories for their grandchildren, or for mom and dad to leave great stories for their kids.
The memory album should make the birthday child think intensively about important moments in his life. Not only does it put them in a good mood and support a positive look back at the past, it may also evoke memories that had long been forgotten.
Framing a saying or poem
Did you find one you really like among one of our 80th birthday sayings? Write it down, embroider or sew it on fabric, print it out and frame it. This way, your dear words not only look much nicer, they can also be hung on the wall and enjoyed longer.
Particularly suitable here are life mottos or generally held sayings. A "Happy 80th Birthday" certainly no one wants on his wall.
Get creative and decorate the saying with stickers, stones, dried flowers or paint something to it. There are also frames that leave space for you to sprinkle decorative sand or glitter.
A Love Box
A self-designed love box is also suitable as a gift for the 80th birthday. It’s not only a great gift for couples, because you can’t tell your parents and grandparents often enough what you love about them.
All you need is a sealable container, such as a jar with a screw top or a small cardboard box – and strips of paper.
On each strip, write what you like or appreciate about the birthday girl or boy. In principle, you can write down anything you’ve always wanted to say.
Put as many paper strips in the box as you’d like. For inspiration, we have a few sample phrases for you that might fit an 80-year-old.
- I like your calming manner.
- I don’t know anyone who cooks as well as you.
- Your style of dress is the best!
- I love that I can tell you anything.
- I have one of the prettiest grandmas I know.
- You really are still in great shape for your age.
- I love your stories.
- I like it when you play the accordion.
- Thank you for teaching me so much.
- I love that you’re the only person I know who gets up cheerfully at 6am.
- I love your patience.
- Your hairstyle is elegant and timeless.
- Thank you for always being there for me.