Google Reader now running up to 50 hours behind
This is a follow up post to one I wrote last week.
Like many people, I use Google Reader to follow RSS feeds. Also like many people, I’ve noticed that it is sometimes slow. I had always assumed that my sources weren’t providing content in a timely manner.
Last week I learned that the problem wasn’t the source feeds; the problem lies with gReader. There are times where it neglects to check a source feed for new content, and I’ve noticed some surprising delays. This morning gReader rose to a new height of FAIL.
I’m now looking at the RSS feeds from one of my blogs, and gReader neglected to update that feed for close to 50 hours. That is a new record.
And I know for a fact that the problem was not the source feed. This particular feed came from Feedburner. I also follow the email sub for this feed, and it was picking up new posts on time and sending them by email on schedule.
It’s time to look for an alternative. Any suggestions?
Lynne Connolly July 21, 2011 um 11:03 am
I use Outlook which works pretty well, and is convenient, since I use it for my emails. You can also use Thunderbird, which is slightly better, but it’s buggy and its email side has really gone down in the last year or two.
igorsk July 21, 2011 um 11:13 am
I use Opera’s RSS reader.
Common Sensel July 21, 2011 um 2:37 pm
I use bloglines:
They’ve been bought out once, losing my clipped info, and have their own quirks, but it works pretty well.
If you’re a Yahoo user, you can pull blogs into your My Yahoo page
Browsers also have RSS Readers built-in, Firefox probably has several plugins too.
dar July 21, 2011 um 3:51 pm
I use FeedDemon Lite. There is also a paid version. I download over 500 feeds daily with no problem. It can sync with google, but I don’t.