I Love You: 90 Quotes & 5 Love Messages
It can be quite difficult to find the right words to express your love to someone. The three magic words "I love you" can take a lot of courage to say. In the following article you will learn which gestures and quotes you can use to formulate a beautiful confession of love.
You can make a declaration of love to your beloved not only with words, but also with gestures. To make it extra romantic, you should combine the two to make a wonderful memory.
I Love You Quotes
So why not use someone else’s words if they match what you’re feeling?
If you integrate the quotes into a love letter, write them on a note for the loved one, send them as a surprise on WhatsApp with a beautiful picture or recite them to your sweetheart, it can be a particularly lovely gesture.
We have collected the most beautiful "I love you" quotes for your declaration of love. They work for your romantic partner but also for your family. You can either leave them as they are, extend them with your own words to relate to your relationship or tailor them to your crush. You may find a particularly nice love quote below that reflects your feelings very well.
I Love You Quotes for Him
If you are looking for sayings to express your love to your loved one, we will help you here. Whether you are already married or still newly in love, your husband or boyfriend will be delighted.
You can send the following sayings via WhatsApp or write them on a small note.
- "If rain drops were kisses, I’d send you showers. If hugs were seas, I’d send you oceans. And if love was a person I’d send you me."
- "I love you not because of anything you have, but because of something that I feel when I’m near you."
- "I never knew what love was until I met you, then when distance pulled us apart, I found out what true love is."
- "The first day you came into my life, I realized that you will stay here until the end."
- "There are only two times that I want to be with you – Now and Forever."
- "In case you ever foolishly forget; I’m never not thinking of you."
(Virginia Woolf, Selected Diaries)
- "I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being."
(Hafiz of Shiraz)
- "I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever."
- "One day you will ask me which is more important – my life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life."
- "The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along."
Romantic I Love You Quotes for Her
If you want to please your wife or girlfriend, you can use or send one of our quotes. For example, you can wish her a good morning by telling her how much you love her.
- "I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you."
- "When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."
- "The Sun loved the Moon so much he died every night just to let her breathe."
- "I love you neither with my heart, nor with my mind. My heart might stop, my mind can forget. I love you with my soul because my soul never stops or forgets."
- "Tonight I can only say that I love you too well for my peace of mind, and that absence from you is death to me."
(Honoré de Balzac)
- "You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."
(Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice)
- "You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known – and even that is an understatement."
(F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- "He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking."
(Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina)
- "I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul."
(Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities)
- "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love."
Why I Love You Quotes
When you love a person, you don’t love them without a reason. Sometimes it’s nice to hear why a person loves you so much.
There are likely an infinite number of reasons for your love, but we have compiled a small selection here.
- "I love you because we are family and friends at the same time."
- "I love you because I can be myself around you."
- "I love you for the way you make me feel when I am with you."
- "You have such a beautiful smile and that smile makes me happy all day. I love you."
- "I love you because you motivate me to be a better person. I like the way I want to grow, become better, and improve for you. You inspire me to reach my goals, learn something new, do my best, and never give up."
- "I love you because even in the coldest weather you warm me with your love and warmth."
- "I love you because you help me feel confident. Knowing that you’re in love with me makes me feel like I can do anything."
- "I love you because you help me see negative things differently."
- "I love you because you have always been so supportive of me and my dreams in ways that I could not have imagined."
- "You make me laugh. I love you because you’re the only person in the entire world that can make me laugh when I’m feeling down."
Cute I Love You Quotes for Mom and Dad
Not only your partner, but also your parents will surely be delighted when you tell them how much they mean to you.
You can use our quotes for this or you can formulate your declaration of love a little more personally. The quotes are also equally suitable for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- "Moms are the people who know us the best and love us the most. I love you, Mom."
- "Home is where your Mom is. That’s why I feel safe when I’m with you. I love you."
- "Whenever something good or bad happens, you are the first one I want to tell. I love you so much, Mom."
- Dear Mom, you taught me all I needed to know about being a good human being. That’s why I love you."
- "I love you, Mom. We can talk several times a day and not get sick of each other."
- "When you are here, I have nothing to fear! I love you, Dad."
- "Dad, thank you for always believing in me. I love you so much."
- "I am lucky to have you in my life. You are the best dad in the whole universe. I love you!"
- "I consider myself fortunate to have such a wonderful and loving father as you. I love you, Dad."
- "The strength of your love and upbringing has made me reach this position in my life. Thank you, Dad. I love you."
"I Love You More Than…" Quotes
When you’re newly in love, or even if you’ve been in a relationship for a while, you like to tell each other how much you love each other. Some people even make a game out of it.
We have picked out the most beautiful quotes about this.
- "I love you more than cookies, and believe me I love cookies!"
- "I love you more than you say you love me times a million more, and just so you know I love you more square root that by infinity."
- "I love you more than all the raindrops that fall in a summer thunderstorm."
- "I love you more than there are stars in the starry night."
- "My darling, I love you more than any word can say."
- "I love you more than the butterflies in the gardens, the rainbow over the blue sky, and the greeneries in the meadow."
- "I love you more than that excellent cup of coffee in the morning."
- "I love you more than you can ever imagine."
- "I love you more than zombies love brains."
- "I love you more than everything in this entire world. With every step and every breath I take, every rush of blood, every whisper of a thought, and every beat of my heart comes the reminder that I love you, and I live for you. Because you are my whole world, my everything, and my life."
Short I Love You Quotes
These short quotes are perfect for cute little messages via WhatsApp or other messenger apps.
Of course, you can also write them on a little note and put it on your loved one’s nightstand or next to their breakfast to wish them a good morning. Another sweet gesture is to put the note on the table when you are going out and your partner is home alone.
- "You want to know who I’m in love with? Read the first word again."
- "I love you because you join me in my weirdness."
- "I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love."
- "I need you like a heart needs a beat. I love you."
- "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
(Henry David Thoreau)
- "You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought."
(Arthur Conan Doyle)
- "I love you. Nothing and nobody, not even time, will change that."
- "I love you even on bad days when everyone else annoys me."
- "You are my peace in a crazy world. I love you."
- "My day is not complete if I don’t tell you that I love you."
I Love You Quotes for Son and Daughter
Just as children can express their love to their parents, your children will be happy to hear a few loving words from you.
A loving relationship between parents and children is so important for their future life and the children will look back on this time with gratitude.
- "From the moment you were born, you became the sun to my planet. I love you."
- "There’s no biggest number, no farthest star, no end to my love for you."
- "I know you must walk your own path, but let my love be the light to guide you."
- "I love you for the baby you were and the woman (or man) you are today."
- "I hug you and kiss you and tell you I love you because it fills me with joy. I’ll hug you and kiss you and tell you I love you some more, so you’ll be full too."
- "You are the best gift I’ve ever received. I love you."
- "My love for you is like an invisible elastic band. No matter how far you go, we are connected."
- "If my love for you had a color, it would be the whole rainbow."
- "Even though my lap is too small, my heart will always have enough room for you. I love you."
- "I see the best parts of myself reflected in you, but you’ve made all those qualities even better. I love you so much."
I Will Always Love You Quotes
The phrase "I will always love you" is not just a famous song, but there are many quotes that you can use to express your love towards someone.
- "I come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is and always will be… yours."
(Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility)
- "I don’t care what other people think about us. I love you and will always be by your side."
- "I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes."
- "This feeling is so deep that I cannot resist it. It’s impossible to live without you. I will always love you, my love."
- "The distance between us makes me love you more. I desire to be with you, hold you in my arms, and tell you how much I love you. I will always love you."
- "No matter what happens in life, I will always love you."
- "From the moment I fell in love with you, I have never looked back, you won my heart and I will always love you, sweetheart."
- "Every day my main goal is to see you happy, you are the light of my life, the one who makes my heart smile. No matter what, I will always love you."
- "Sweetheart, I give you the keys to my heart to keep because I will always love you."
- "Words like 'I will always love you', are not enough to express how much I love you, but all I know is you will always be so dear to my heart. I love you."
Quotes About Love
The following quotes are about love in general. Without love, in whatever form, a person can hardly survive. We have collected a selection of quotes that point to the importance of love.
- "Life is the flower for which love is the honey."
- "The love we give away is the only love we keep."
- "Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart."
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
- "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction."
(Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
- "Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality."
- "We are born of love; Love is our mother."
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
- "Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination."
- "Love in its essence is spiritual fire."
(Lucius Annaeus Seneca)
I Love You Messages
As an alternative to "I love you" quotes, you can also use love poems or messages to confess your love or incorporate them into your love declaration.
There are a variety of ways to do this: You can recite them orally, write them in a love letter, or sing them as a love song with your guitar. You may also want to write and recite a love poem yourself.
I’ve been thinking about this moment for so long, could hardly stand it, and had to hold back every day to hide my excitement. I have never been so happy and content as I am with you and I just have to tell you now, I love you.
You are the only person who can always make me laugh; who puts up with me when I’m in a bad mood; with whom I feel completely safe and at home and who has been dreaming of the future together with me for so long.
I love you.
You make me a better person. It’s only since I’ve known you that I’ve felt like myself. Never have I been so appreciated and never have I felt so much love and respect towards another person.
You are the fulfillment of my dreams.
You are the love of my life.
Each time I look at you, I find myself smiling for no reason. You have stolen my heart and I love you with all my heart. Honey, my love for you knows no limits and I want you to know that I will always be by your side.
Sonnet 18: Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
"Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date;
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm’d;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature’s changing course, untrimm’d.
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Not lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall death brag thou wanderest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest;
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long as lives this, and this gives life to thee."
Possibilities of a Love Confession
When you’re in love, you probably have butterflies in your stomach and are floating on cloud nine. You want to share your feelings with the whole world so that everyone knows how happy you are – first and foremost, of course, your beloved.
- "I love you so much"
- "I love you with all my heart"
- "I love you because you make my life better"
- "I love you, my darling"
- "I love you forever"
These are just a few examples of what your declaration of love could look like. But the right words don’t always come out easily, especially when you confess your love to your crush for the first time.
Fortunately, there are many different ways to say "I love you" that don’t necessarily have to be verbal. You can also express your love wonderfully in written form or by means of gestures. Below you will find some ideas that can inspire your declaration of love.
Romantic Love Confession by Means of Words
Of course, it is still the most beautiful thing to confess your love to the person you love in person and look into their eyes while doing so. This intimate moment is very special and will probably stay in your memory for a long time – especially the first time the three all-important words are spoken.
You can customize this event to fit your relationship. You can simply say "I love you" or recite a love quote or love poem to emphasize your feelings.
However, you should not exaggerate so as not to overwhelm your loved one. With the three important words you make yourself vulnerable.
You will probably want to wait for your counterpart’s answer before you describe your feelings in more depth. If your partner is not also a romantic type, you will probably scare him off with such a comprehensive declaration of love.
Love Confession in Writing
You can also express your love in written form in many ways. For example, you can write a love poem or a love letter expressing your feelings.
Of course, you can also make your love confession via WhatsApp or SMS. However, a classic love letter is much more personal and touches on a much deeper level, because in a love letter you have to invest much more effort than in a simple text message.
Even if you underline it with emojis and hearts, a message can be forgotten again just as fast as you typed it. So a love letter offers a particularly nice way to say "I love you."
Romantic Gestures to Say "I love you"
It’s especially romantic to express your love using gestures. These often say more than a thousand words and have much more personality – only if you come up with something special and tailor the gestures to your crush or partner and your relationship, of course.
Otherwise, they just don’t seem authentic, although they can still give you a nice experience. The following examples may inspire you so that you can plan a very special event.
Writing a Love Song
Nothing is more romantic than a self-written love song for your crush. You can surprise him with your instrument and express your feelings musically. This is often easier than expressing them directly.
You can either use an existing love poem (examples can be found further down in the text) or write your own poem and accompany it with your own melody. This is a great way to impress your crush, even if it takes some effort.
Confessing Love with Gifts
Small gestures in the form of gifts quickly bring a smile to the face of your crush or partner. It does not have to be anything expensive.
For a woman, for example, a bouquet is suitable, which can also be self-picked. A man, on the other hand, might be pleased by his favorite sweets or tickets for a soccer or ice hockey game.
Other great gifts for declaring your love are, for example, books if your partner likes to read, cinema tickets for movie lovers, theater tickets for theater enthusiasts or matching jewelry for your beloved (of course, only if you trust yourself to be able to guess their taste well).
You can also make jewelry yourself; you can not only save money, but also make a very individual piece for your sweetheart. This way, your piece, and thus your declaration of love, is just a touch more personal.
Cooking is probably one of the most popular joint activities in a partnership. Good food helps you connect and makes you happy. This can also have a positive effect on the relationship.
For example, if you cook your partner his favorite meal, you will certainly bring him a very special joy – especially if he comes home after a long day and you surprise him. But cooking together is also a suitable activity for a first date. If you’re a novice cook, however, you don’t have to despair.
Whether you cook it yourself, order food, or go to a restaurant, a nice candlelit dinner makes quite a statement and can be very romantic if you plan it intensively and make it extra special.
You could, for example, make a picnic. Just pack some delicious snacks, make a tasty salad or dip, take a blanket, candles and a Bluetooth speaker with you, and nothing will stand in the way of a romantic outing with a dinner by candlelight.
If you prefer to plan a classic candlelit dinner in a restaurant or at your home, you should ensure a romantic mood and not forget the right outfit. Because a classic dinner by candlelight is also characterized by its elegance.
Love Confession with Surprises
With a surprise, you can delight your partner quite unexpectedly. However, when planning a surprise, you should keep in mind that not everyone is the surprise type. While some are thrilled by unexpected events, others are rather less keen on unplanned incidents.
If you want to confess your love with a surprise, you may not yet know how your crush will react to unplanned events. In this case, you may make a bad impression. This variant is therefore a little more risky.
However, if you have been with your partner for years and know that he loves surprises, you can give him a very special treat and express your love.
Notes for Everyday Love Declarations
Small notes with a few kind words to your partner are especially suitable for everyday declarations of love, which you can use to sweeten your partner’s everyday life a little.
For example, you can write down what you love about your partner or simply record a beautiful love quote or a romantic saying to tell your partner "I love you" in slightly different words.
Distribute the small notes throughout the apartment, for example on the bed, on the mirror, on the dining table, on the front door or on the refrigerator. This way, your partner will always see anew how much you love him.