65 Happy Father’s Day Quotes & 6 Wishes for Your Dad
Father’s Day is a special holiday for every father. On this occasion, cards are written, text messages are sent and gifts are given. We have interesting facts about Father’s Day (or Men’s Day), Happy Father’s Day quotes and wishes as well as great gift ideas for you.
Father’s Day is the perfect opportunity to show your dad what he means to you. Wish him "Happy Father’s Day" in a special way this year with personalized greetings that fit him well. Write a few lines, think about a great gift and express your gratitude for everything you owe your dad.
65 Happy Father’s Day Quotes
In this article you will find beautiful and funny sayings, depending on your relationship with your father and what suits him best. Add a few lovely thoughts of your own and give your father a special joy on his honorary day.
You can read our quotes and texts in the paragraphs to give you some ideas. Wish your dad a Happy Father’s Day with a text message, write it in a card or frame a saying and present it as a gift.
The Best Happy Father’s Day Quotes
These beautiful Father’s Day sayings are suitable for a good father-child relationship. They are sensitive and appreciate the father’s responsibilities, his effort and wisdom. In the next chapter, you’ll find funny Father’s Day sayings to contrast.
Depending on your relationship with your father, you can choose a nice or funny saying. If you find two Father’s Day sayings you like, you can also write one in the card and one on a gift tag.
- "A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us away, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way."
- "Fathers are adventurers, heroes, chefs and storytellers."
- "It’s you I look up to, no matter how big I get."
- "Son, brother, father, lover, friend. There is room in the heart for all the affections, as there is room in heaven for all the stars."
- "The ruler must be a ruler, the minister a minister, the father a father and the son a son."
- "A father does not give advice, he gives the example."
- "It is a wise father that knows his own child."
- "Many people are afraid to become like their parents. I am afraid that the opposite will happen."
- "Anyone can become a father, but only special men can really be dads."
- "With you by my side, I can face the whole world."
- "Home is where love lives, where memories are born, friends are always welcome and a smile is always waiting for you."
- "In a family, you don’t have to prove yourself to be loved. They love you as you are, with all your facets."
- "Happy Father’s Day. I’m glad you exist and love you very much. Thank you for everything."
- "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection."
- “Happy Father’s Day to my hero and role model. Thank you for everything you have done for our family. We love you with all our hearts.”
- "To the world, you are a dad. But to our family, you are the world."
- "The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature."
(Antoine François Prévost)
- "It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons."
(Johann Friedrich von Schiller)
- "I give you all my trust, as you have given me yours."
- "What you teach your children, you also teach their children."
Funny Father’s Day Quotes
Here you will find funny quotes for Father’s Day. They are especially suitable for Father’s Day wishes if you know your father’s sense of humor.
You can write jokes in the card, funny quotes or anything else. Tease your dad about his drinking or play a little with stereotypes.
Also, you can use sarcastic or ironic sayings to put a smile on your dad’s face. Below you will find different funny sayings that you can text or write in a card.
- "To be a successful father… there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years."
- "A father is a banker provided by nature."
- "Dad, you are like a father to me. Happy Father’s Day!"
- "It is impossible to please all the world and one’s father."
(Jean de La Fontaine)
- "Happy Father’s Day from your favorite child! I love you."
- "Thanks for responding to my Father’s Day text, after I texted mom to tell you to check your phone."
- "Thanks for being a cool dad by not trying to be one of those cool dads."
- "Happy Father’s Day to my least embarrassing parent on Facebook!"
- "Thank you for loving me even when I annoyed you the most."
- "I would like to take this occasion to thank you and toast to my bright future."
- "I was trying to think of a steak pun to put in here, but they are just too RARE! All I can say is that I love you. Well done, dad."
- "Let’s be honest, I get my weirdness from you. And I couldn’t be more proud. Thank you for supporting me, listening to me, and being my best friend."
- "I smile because you are my father, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it! Happy Father’s Day!"
- "Silence is something beautiful. Unless you have children. Then it is suspicious!"
- "Children can never find their shoes, but they always find the smallest piece of onion in the food."
- "You’re the best Pitbull-loving, bird-watching, cornhole-playing dad around. I can always count on you to be my euchre partner or to watch a Harry Potter movie with me. Thanks for always being there for me!"
- "Thank you for working so hard to provide us with opportunities and teaching us strong values (and big farts)."
- "Happy Father’s Day from your favorite pain in the butt. I love you so much."
- "Happy Father’s Day to one rad dog dad! Stella is so lucky to have you!"
- "Your kids are PROOF that you are an awesome dad!"
Happy heavenly Father’s Day Quotes
Father’s Day is a sad day for some people because their father or husband is no longer with them. However, it is a nice gesture to wish your father or loved one a happy Father’s Day in heaven.
- "Happy Father’s Day in heaven, dad. We love and miss you so much."
- "A big piece of my heart lives in heaven and he is my dad. Happy Father’s Day."
- "Daddy, I still can’t believe you have gone, but I am sure you are in a better place. Happy Father’s Day. Love you Loads."
- "I’m sure you’re shining brightly like a star and bestowing your blessings on me. Dear dad, wishing you a very happy Father’s Day."
- "Dad, Father’s Day has become the saddest day of the year for me. I miss you too much, not just today but every day. I wish you could come back and hug me. Bless me from your place in Heaven, Bless me so I can learn to deal with your absence, and Bless me so I can find joy and peace in your memories."
- "As I look up at the night sky, I feel that our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy. I can feel you shine very brightly. Happy Father’s Day."
- "Happy Father’s Day! I am lucky to have had the best father in the world. Thank you for everything. I love you."
- "Happy Father’s Day in heaven, dad. I feel your guiding hand is always on my shoulder, steering me in the right direction."
- "Happy Father’s Day, dad. Even though you’re not here with us in person, we still think of you every day and miss you so much. We know that you’re up in Heaven looking down on us and we hope that you’re proud of all we’ve accomplished. We love you and miss you more than words can say."
- "I cherish every memory of our family life. Even if it’s been a long time since you’ve been here, I know you’re looking down on us with promises of peace and happiness. Happy Father’s Day, my love."
- "Thank you for being the perfect role model for our children. Even though you are not with us anymore, I see glimpses of you in our children every day. Happy Fathers Day, Darling. We miss you."
- "Grandpa, though you are not here with me anymore, you will always be in my heart. Love You! Happy Father’s Day in Heaven."
- "Dear grandpa, thanks to you, my childhood was so full of laughter and joy. It’s all because of you. Wishing you a Happy Father’s Day."
- "Though our paths have taken us in different directions, We may not be physically together, but we’re still close. Cheers! Hope you are enjoying yourself in Heaven."
- "No matter how old I get, I will always need you. You have taught me many things in life, you taught me to learn from my mistakes and to stay strong in the face of hardship, but most importantly, you have taught me how to be a better person. Happy heavenly Father’s Day."
Happy Father’s Day Quotes to all Fathers
Whether it’s your boyfriend, your uncle, your son, or your brother – all fathers on this earth deserve to be congratulated on Father’s Day.
- "A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be."
- "A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow."
- "Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers and singers of song."
- "Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever."
- "A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead he picks you up, brushes you off and lets you try again."
- "What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity."
- "A happy family is a reflection of a good father and a loving husband."
- "A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."
- "I always thought you’d make a great dad. Now, I know it. Happy Father’s Day to an amazing husband."
- "The best dads get promoted to grandpa."
Ideas for Father’s Day Messages and Wishes
The relationship with one’s father can be very different. Some can talk openly with him about everything, while others communicate more on a nonverbal level.
Sometimes a complicated past blocks the interpersonal relationship and sometimes you have taken your father for granted without ever telling him how grateful you are.
Below you’ll find six sample texts for a Father’s Day card. They are all thankful and appreciative, but differ in their nuances.
There are loving examples as well as funny, respectful, personal and forgiving messages. So you are sure to find the right inspiration for your Father’s Day card.
Loving Father’s Day Wishes
I want to thank you on this special day. Thank you for giving me your peace and serenity. Thank you for always being such a great role model through which I formed my worldview today. Thank you for being such a great friend that I could always trust with anything, and thank you for teaching me what is right and what is wrong.
I love you beyond belief. There is no better dad. Happy Father’s Day!
Funny Father’s Day Wishes
From you I learned to open beer bottles with any object, drive a car with one hand, and keep my mouth shut from who I can. To this day, I’ve been able to keep those secrets well to myself and now thank you discreetly in this card.
Thank you dad for teaching me everything vital you know. Happy Father’s Day!
Respectful Words for Your Dad
This day is to show you that you are an important member of our family and we will always cherish you.
Thank you for everything you have given me along the way. Congratulations this Father’s Day.
Personal Father’s Day Wishes
The three most important things you taught me are:
1) To connect a lamp by myself.
2) To make a dish with the last leftovers in the house.
3) Turning clothes inside out before washing.
The first lesson saved me from having to call an electrician for a lot of money. The second lesson saved me from ordering pizza every time I thought I had nothing left in the house to cook with, and the third lesson saved some of my printed t-shirts that I probably would have lost without your help.
Thank you, Dad! I learned the most important lessons in life from you. What would I have done without you?"
All the best for Father’s Day!
All the Best for Father’s Day with Forgiveness
I have long since forgiven you for the fact that we hardly saw each other in the early years of my life. I know you love me and I love you.
With these Father’s Day wishes, I want to say once again, I’ve forgiven you and you don’t have to worry about losing me anymore. We belong together now.
Happy Father’s Day.
Father’s Day Quote with a Message
"It is impossible to please all the world and one’s father."
(Jean de La Fontaine)
How good that I decided to follow your example and satisfy only the people I really care about. Thank you for this life lesson, dad. It has often saved me from a lot of stress and grief.
I love you. Happy Father’s Day.
Which Father’s Day Gifts You Can Buy
A lot of things can be given as gifts for Father’s Day. Most people do their own crafts or buy typical men’s gifts. Larger gifts can be financed well together with the siblings or your mother.
Whoever knows his father well can easily make him happy with his favorite food or drink and a card. In case it should be a special and surprising gift, we have collected some ideas for you.
Ideas for purchased gifts:
Online you can find numerous gifts for Father’s Day. However, you should make sure that you do not simply give your father an overpriced joke, which is already forgotten by the next year.
The best gifts are sustainable and those which your father will keep for a long time. Also nice are experiences that you can create together. We have collected a few gift ideas for you:
- Canoe tour, rafting, climbing together, wine tasting, beer tasting or other experiences
- Whiskey tasting set
- Engrave a clock, pen, wooden board, beer or whiskey glass
- Photo mug, keychain or pillow
- Tools or multi-tools
- Personalized hammer
- Create a deli basket
- New tie
- Wooden box with good wine
- Sweater or t-shirt
Crafting Gifts for Father’s Day
Give your dad a personal treat by crafting a gift for Father’s Day – made with love.
Crafted gifts are especially suitable for younger children who can not yet buy expensive gifts and for those who prefer to give something homemade.
We have put together three craft ideas for you, which are also suitable as last minute gifts.
First, we have a box full of love in which you can put everything you love about your dad. Two other ideas are a themed gift certificate and a hammer you paint and decorate yourself.
A Box Full of Love
Probably one of the best gifts you can give your dad is to tell him what you love about him. A box full of love contains all these wonderful qualities written on paper.
To do this, simply cut out several scraps of paper, about 15 to 30 should do, depending on how big the box is and how much you can think of. Then write on each snippet what you love about your dad or what you are grateful for.
For example, these could be:
- "That you always helped me with my homework."
- "That you taught me how to ride a bike."
- "That nothing could upset you."
On the box you then write "I love … about you", "What I love about you is…" or "I am grateful for …". Suitable are boxes made of wood or cardboard and sealable jars or cans.
Craft a Themed Gift Certificate
Homemade gift certificates are a great alternative to store-bought ones.
They are much more personal and can be customized to fit your father’s personality exactly. Themed gift certificates are designed based on what the gift certificate is about.
You can craft either a fold-out or a one-sided card to give your dad the gift certificate. It’s best to choose something that you do very rarely or that you don’t otherwise feel like doing. This will surely make your dad happy. Ideas for gift certificates are:
- Coupon to go fishing together
- Coupon for: Cooking together
- Coupon for: 3x help with gardening
- Coupon: You will be served all day long
- Voucher: You get to decide the TV program
With the voucher for cooking together, you could, for example, cut out a plate and paint some food on it, cut it out of cardboard or even glue raw pasta or rice on it.
A coupon for serving your dad all day, you could cut out a sofa or paint on a butler. The coupon for the TV program could be a TV cut out of cardboard and the coupon written 'on the screen'.
Label and Design a Hammer
This idea makes a great last minute gift. All you need is a plain hammer and waterproof pens. You can get such a hammer for around five dollars at a hardware store. You can also get pens there or in the craft store.
Write a saying on the hammer with the pens or paint it. Motifs can be things that your father likes, such as plants, cars, beer or games. Additionally, you can buy some nails and put them in a wooden box, which you can also write or paint.
Suitable sayings for the hammer are for example:
- "Dad, you are the best!"
- "Thanks for helping me build my future."
- "Dad, I love you."
- "Happy Father’s Day!"
Things You Should Know about Father’s Day
In this chapter, you’ll find everything you need to know about Father’s Day: What Father’s Day is, when it takes place, what its background is, and what the differences are from International Men’s Day. We also have gift ideas to buy and craft.
What Is Father’s Day
Father’s Day is also regionally called "Men’s Day". It is held in honor of all fathers, fathering and fatherhood and is therefore the counterpart to Mother’s Day.
It is celebrated on different days depending on the region and country. In the USA, Father’s Day is celebrated every year on the third Sunday in June.
In 1909, Sonora Smart Dodd first brought up the idea of a Father’s Day to honor her father, William Jackson Smart, a Civil War veteran. After his wife died, he raised their children alone.
President Nixon elevated Father’s Day to the status of an official holiday for the third Sunday in June in 1974. On Father’s Day, fathers receive flowers or other gifts from their children, poems are recited or family trips are taken.
The Difference to International Men’s Day
Unlike Father’s Day, International Men’s Day has only existed since 1999, since then it has been held annually on November 19th in different countries. It is the counterpart to International Women’s Day or International Women’s Day (held annually on March 8th).
This day emphasizes gender equality and is used, for example, to draw attention to social experiences of boys and men and boys' and men’s diseases. It also aims to recognize their commitment to the community, family, marriage or childcare.
This day is not to be confused with World Men’s Day, which has been held annually on November 3rd since 2000 and primarily draws attention to the lower life expectancy of men as well as conscription and future prospects for boys.