70 Karma Quotes + 5 Tips for Good Karma
Karma – a spiritual concept found in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism – is finding more and more followers in the western world. Find out the meaning of karma and inspiring wisdom in the form of karma quotes with us.
You will almost certainly have heard someone say: "That’s karma." There are also many other sayings that mention this concept and have become famous pieces of life advice and wisdom.
Karma has a long tradition in Indian religions. It is closely linked to the belief in samsara, the cycle of rebirths. This means that your current lifestyle and behavior affect how you will be reborn in your next life.
While the teaching of karma is also widely accepted in Western society, here it tends to be viewed separately from samsara. Many people understand karma in such a way that means their behavior has a direct effect on their life.
Inspiring Karma Quotes and Wisdom
Many intellectuals have already spoken on the subject of karma. Their reflections can help you to understand the teaching better and to act according to it.
Perhaps one of these quotes could even be suitable as an affirmation or life motto, which can become a guide for your life.
When someone has hurt you emotionally, is gossiping about you behind your back, or when a child is disrespectful to his parents, you should remember this phrase: Forget about revenge, because karma strikes back.
- "Realize that everything connects to everything else."
(Leonardo da Vinci)
- "The more love you give away, the more love you will receive."
- "Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely."
- "Karma: getting what you deserve and deserving what you get."
- "A man is born alone and dies alone; and he experiences the good and bad consequences of his karma alone; and he goes alone to hell or the Supreme abode."
- "Regardless of what we do, our karma has no hold on us."
- "God has no resolve; no karma attaches itself to Him."
- "To go from mortal to Buddha, you have to put an end to karma, nurture your awareness, and accept what life brings."
- "Nobody deserves misery but sometimes it’s just your turn."
- "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- "When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points."
- "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."
- "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
- "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance."
- "Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace."
- "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
- "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
- "You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection."
- "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
- "Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely."
- "Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill."
- "It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."
- "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
- "With fools, there is no companionship. Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone."
- "However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?"
- "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
- "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth."
Karma Quotes on Cheating and Lying
If you have been cheated or betrayed by someone, we have the right karma quotes for you here.
- "I can bet my life on one lady, karma. She never misses."
- "Time is always a reminder for you to do good and good will be done unto you, do wrong, and get to hate life."
- "I am too beautiful to be entertaining cheaters. Karma will deal with you."
- "I love it when bad people get a taste of their own medicine."
- "There is no love in a cheating partner. Leave and let karma deal with the mess."
- "Some people cheat their way through life. Karma, however, always waits."
- "Cheating is never a mistake. You planned the whole thing. Karma will never forgive you."
- "Be brave and stand on your feet. Being strong is the only option as you wait for karma."
- "I’m a good enough person to forgive you, but not stupid enough to trust you again."
- "If you succeed in cheating someone, don’t think that the person is a fool. Realize that the person trusted you much more than you deserved."
- "Most people cheat because they’re paying more attention to what they’re missing rather than what they have."
- "Karma is the friend everyone wishes they had who could take care of all the dirty work so that you never had to deal with it."
- "What’s coming is better than what is gone."
Karma Quotes about Narcissists
Relationships with narcissists are often toxic and devastating. It doesn’t matter if you are dating the narcissist or if she or he is just a friend.
Relationships with a narcissist bring a lot of suffering and pain. It is important that you recognize the relationship as toxic.
Then you should distance yourself from the person, even if it is difficult. Keep in mind the following karma quotes about narcissists and try to realize that you will be better off without this person.
- "You will never really see how toxic someone is until you breathe fresher air."
- "Let the players play, let the haters hate and let karma decide their fate."
- "Just a reminder that life gets so much better after you block the narcissist in your life."
- "Narcissist is the creator of his own doom and gloom, living in lies, manipulation and deceit."
- "You might have burned me with your lies, but karma is about to set you on fire."
- "You don’t attract narcissists because something is wrong with you. You attract narcissists because so much is right with you."
- "Karma has a surprising way of taking care of situations. All you have to do is to sit back and watch."
- "Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions."
- "A narcissist would rather impress a stranger than care for their family."
- "Narcissists tend to deny flaws in themselves and put the blame on others for their personal shortcomings, misfortunes and mistakes."
Karma Quotes about Life
Life is not always easy. But you are not alone in having bad days and feelings of hopelessness.
No matter what is bothering you, remember that even the most difficult times will pass one day. So don’t let your head hang down and stay optimistic. Karma will take care of it.
- "Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes."
- "If you focus on the hurt, you will continue to suffer. If you focus on the lesson, you will continue to grow."
- "Breathe. This is just a chapter of your life, not the full story."
- "As your life changes, so will your circle."
- "Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued."
- "Into each life some rain must fall."
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
- "Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind."
(Henri Frederic Amiel)
- "What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
- "Life comes from the earth and life returns to the earth."
- "Ethics might be optional, but the consequences are not."
Savage and Funny Karma Quotes
In this section you will find karma quotes that are not just wise, but above all quick-witted and cheeky.
They deal with a balancing force of justice and are therefore very suitable for countering in arguments. Post them as a social media status, send them as a message or wait for the next situation in which you need a quick comeback.
- "Think carefully about what you do next. Karma strikes back."
- "When karma comes back to punch you in the face, I want to be there. Just in case it needs help."
- "It’s called karma, and it’s pronounced ha ha."
- "Karma has no expiration date."
- "Karma is like a rubber band. It can only stretch so far until it comes back and smacks you in the face."
- "I hope the bus you threw me under swerves to hit you on the sidewalk."
- "Karma’s just sharpening her fingernails and finishing her drink. She says she’ll be with you shortly."
- "Karma never loses an address."
- "Life is like an elevator. Sometimes when you’re on your way up, you have to stop and let people off."
- "The best revenge is always to just happily move on and let karma do the rest."
Meaning: What Karma Is
You most likely know someone who claims to be a firm believer in karma.
In fact, karma is often used as a justification for something negative or positive happening to a person, depending on how they behave.
Karma thus refers to the consequence that results from an action. However, this does not necessarily have to be related to the action. According to the karmic teachings, your actions affect any area of life – in the context of samsara, even your next life.
The principle of karma can be summed up in a very simple sentence: You get what you give. So the focus is on cause and effect.
The person you are right now is made up of all the actions and decisions from your past. It is just the same with your future. Your behavior today will inevitably affect your future and manifest itself in your future circumstances.
This also means that you alone are responsible for your life. Your life circumstances are formed by the actions and deeds of your past. So if something doesn’t turn out well, you cannot just shrug off your responsibility, because it lies in your hands.
Negative deeds do not have to lead directly to consequences. The consequences may only appear much later – just as with a positive way of life. So if you hope for karma, you have to be patient.
How to Positively Influence Your Karma
You can significantly influence your karma with your actions. Good karma inevitably follows from good actions, while bad actions promote lousy karma.
Every day offers you the chance to work on your karma. Just because you regret some things in your past does not mean that you have already sealed your fate. You can always work on yourself and change your destiny for the better.
Knowing Your Nature
Much of your karma is already formed by your inherent nature, your personality. Only when you get to know yourself, learn about your strengths and weaknesses, and accept them as such, can you work on your karma.
While you can significantly shape your character according to your values, the nature of your personality is immutable and will always manifest. Whether you are self-conscious, insecure, self-absorbed, or humble, these traits are part of you and will always manifest as such.
Don’t see this as a weakness, but respect yourself as you are. Try to bring out the best in yourself and challenge yourself. This is the only way you can grow.
Your thoughts form the foundation of your actions. What you think, you express. You act according to the values you form in your mind. Thus you form your character, which is ultimately fateful for you.
So, to work on your karma, you should start from the beginning and think more positive thoughts. This is easier said than done, but your way of thinking has a significant impact on your life. So it pays to allow positive thoughts to take hold.
There are several strategies for guiding your thoughts in a more positive direction. For example, you can start by reciting affirmations every day. These are self-affirming statements that help you feel more confident and have a more positive outlook on life.
Try to focus on the positives. It is true that not everything can always go according to plan. The trick is to spot the good in these situations.
Karma also means it’s important to always reflect. How did you behave in the past? Was that behavior the right thing to do? Would you act that way again? How would you act today in the same situation?
The goal is to learn from the past, but don’t dwell on your past actions. You cannot change the past, but only accept it as it happened.
Past actions do have an effect on your karma, but you can harmonize them through your future behavior. Be aware of your mistakes, try to avoid them in the future and always act with a clear conscience. While you can never completely avoid mistakes, you can do your best. This will inevitably have a positive effect on your karma.
For good karma, you should always act thoughtfully. Your actions are crucial to your karma. Therefore, do not act rashly, but consider what consequences your actions might have – both for yourself and for others.
Do not put yourself in the foreground. Don’t help others to make yourself look better, but to make other people’s lives better.
You should not only expect gratitude on their part. Be grateful yourself that they gave you the chance to do positive deeds. After all, karma starts with your attitude.
Accepting Your Fate
Many aspects of your life are beyond your control. What you can influence, however, is how you react to your fate. If something doesn’t go according to plan, you should practice serenity.
Accept what you can’t change and don’t get unnecessarily angry about it. Face your fate prudently and with self-awareness instead of breaking or feeling pain and grief from it. You yourself can decide how you act and feel.
If you act with a clear conscience, it will not be difficult for you to accept your fate. You know that you have made the best of your life. Good karma is also characterized by the way that you radiate this serenity and confidence.