News of the eBook World
Here's the latest digital publishing and ebook news from across the web, all on one convenient page.
The news headlines shown here are drawn from six influential news sites: Teleread, DBW, Publishers Weekly, Publishing Perspectives, and E-ink Info, as well as the Publisher's Lunch Automat (their links RSS feed).
The links are updated automatically, so check back throughout the day for the latest news.
- Mueller Report ebook news roundup
- Tor Ebook Club gives away Cory Doctorow’s ‘Walkaway’ through midnight April 20
- Free PDF of Mueller Report now online; ebooks from B&N, others on the way
- French officials label Internet Archive public-domain content ‘terrorist’
- Scary legalese and the content clause: Don’t be afraid of the license grant!
- Tolkien Estate "Did not approve of, authorize or participate in" Fox Searchlight's May Biopic Tolkien
- Scribd's Content Filtering Works So Well They Took Down The Mueller Report (Because Official Publisher Versions Were Detected)
- Dan Abrams and A&E Backed Network Law&Crime to Publish Legal and True Crime Books
- Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver Return with New Children's Series, Alien Superstar, In October from Abrams Children's
- Finally A Use for the Espresso Book Machine: Harvard Book Store Is Printing and Selling Copies of the Mueller Report (At A Massive 6 Copies An Hour)
- Wattpad in Asia: Singapore’s Mediacorp at APOS; Manila’s Pasion-Flores at Anvil
- The Zayed Book Award’s Cultural Personalities 2019: Bridging Classical and Modern Arabic
- The UK’s Society of Authors’ 2019 Awards Surpass £100,000 in Value
- IPA Leaders Tour Sharjah Children’s Reading Festival Ahead of World Book Day
- The Albertine Prize Readers’ Vote on Translations Is Underway
- Papercast announces new E Ink displays with a fast 7.5 fps refresh rate
- Yotaphone, the maker of the dual-screen OLED and E Ink smartphone is bankcrupt
- Avalue launches its E Ink healthcare solutions suite
- Auckland Airport installs Visionect's E Ink public transit signage
- E Ink Holdings reports a 25.5% increase in net profits in 2018