70 “Thinking Of You” Quotes & 9 Tips on How to Send the Message
Being told you are on someone’s mind always feels good – it shows they care about you and appreciate your friendship or love. So why not spread that positivity and tell someone close to you that you are thinking of them with a beautiful quote you’ll find here.
Whether it is a friend you want to catch up with, a partner you want to show your love to or a grieving family member you want to offer your sympathy to: letting someone know that you are thinking of them will strengthen your relationship and brighten their day.
In this article, we will offer you many suitable quotes as well as some tips on how to send them.
Beautiful “Thinking of You” Quotes and Messages
Sending someone a beautiful quote about being on your mind is a wonderful way to express your appreciation for them. Whether it is a romantic quote from a famous writer or a funny saying for a friend, sending one of the quotes below is sure to put you in their good books.
Keep reading to find the perfect quote for him, for her, for a friend and more, so they know that you are thinking of them.
Cute “Thinking of You” Quotes
Looking for a cute quote to send a loved one to let them know they’re on your mind? This section includes heartwarming quotes and sayings perfect for brightening someone’s day.
These quotes work equally well for a special someone or for a close friend or family member to remind them how much you care.
- Let us be grateful to those who make us happy, they are charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
(Marcel Proust, French novelist, 1871–1922)
- May brooks and trees and singing hills join in the chorus too, and every gentle wind that blows send happiness to you.
- Some people are so much sunshine to the square inch.
(Walt Whitman, American poet, 1819–1892)
- Thinking of you is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day, it brightens my mood and chases away the shadows.
(Jane Austen, English novelist, 1775–1817)
- This is a hug from me to you, to let you know I am thinking of you. And although I have nothing to say, you know I have thought of you today.
- I know that my feelings for you are real because I spend more time thinking of you than myself. (Unknown)
- My mind is filled with beautiful thoughts of you.
- Thinking about you is no longer an activity or a habit, it is now my way of life.
- I know that you might be busy right now, so I will keep this short. I’m thinking of you!
- I will always have this piece of my heart that smiles whenever I think about you.
Funny “Thinking about You” Quotes
There’s nothing like a humorous quote or saying to bring a smile to your loved one’s face – especially if it involves how much you think of them. This category includes funny quotes that are suitable for close friends as well as ones that work well for romantic partners.
Try sending these quotes and sayings on WhatsApp to bring a smile to someone’s face. Their short, humorous nature make them perfect for sending as messages.
- Dear Friend: You’re on my mind today. Everyone else is on my nerves.
- This may sound cheesy, but I’m so grate-ful to have such a gouda friend.
- I wish I were kissing you instead of missing you.
- Thinking of you – and not just because work is slow.
- If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you.
- If you’re wondering whether or not I’m thinking of you, the answer is yes.
- Thinking of you is like remembering I have ice cream in the freezer.
- When you’re thinking that I’m thinking of you, I’m thinking that you’re thinking of me.
- I love you so much that I miss you when I close my eyes to blink.
- Me?? Obsessed?? With you?? Yes!!
“Thinking of You” Quotes for a Friend
If you want to let a close friend know that you’ve been thinking of them and attempt to reconnect or simply just make them feel good, then this is the category for you. The messages below are heartfelt and feel-good and will bring a smile to your friend’s face.
These quotes are particularly appropriate for long-distance besties who want to let each other know they miss each other and they still care.
- I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see.
(John Burroughs, American naturalist, 1837–1921)
- If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.
(George MacDonald, Scottish writer, 1824–1905)
- When I want to smile, I know exactly what to do, I just close my eyes and I think of you.
- Thinking of you. When skies seem dark and times get tough, and you don’t know what to do… just know you have a friend right here to support and help you through.
- Thinking of you. Today you’ve been on my mind so I thought I’d get in touch. I’m praying that all is going well, for we haven’t seen you much. I know our lives can get so busy with all that we must do, but I wanted to take this time to say I’m thinking of you, too.
- Today, if a smile comes to you, a happy smile that perhaps you can’t explain, it’s because in that moment, I am thinking of you and smiling too.
- Sending you a virtual hug to let you know you are loved and appreciated.
- Togetherness is a state of mind.
- Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
(Henry David Thoreau, American naturalist, 1817–1862)
- Friends are connected heart to heart. Distance and time can’t break them apart.
Romantic “Thinking about You” Quotes for Him
If you are struggling to find the right words to tell your boyfriend or husband you are thinking of them, then you’ve struck gold with this category. Here, you will find some beautiful quotes and heartfelt sayings to express how often the man in your life is on your mind.
- In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.
(Virginia Woolf, English writer, 1882–1941)
- If I were given a dollar for every time you were in my thoughts, I’d only have one because you never left them.
- When we’re together or when we’re apart, you’re first in my thoughts and first in my heart. (Unknown)
- I smile to the sky when I think of you.
- Missing you is like torture, and thinking of you is bliss.
- Thinking of you as I realize that you are the one that holds the key to my heart.
- I don’t know where I stand with you. And I don’t know what I mean to you. All I know is every time I think of you, I want to be with you.
- Thinking of you is one of my favorite things to do.
- There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t, at some point, think of you.
- My mind is filled with beautiful thoughts of you.
Touching “Thinking of You” Quotes for Her
If you are trying to show your affection for a woman, a good idea is to express your feelings for her and let her know how often you think about her. Tell her when she is on your mind, when you miss her, and what kind of things remind you of her.
Whether a girlfriend, wife or potential love interest – doing these things will be appreciated by the lady in your life. And the love quotes for her below offer some beautiful ways to show her you are thinking of her.
- I love her, and that’s the beginning and end of everything.
(F. Scott Fitzgerald, American novelist, 1896–1940)
- Every time you look at me and see me smiling, just know that I am thinking of you.
- At least if I couldn’t be near you, the thought of you has drawn me closer to you and I couldn’t imagine myself without your thought.
- I’m addicted to the way I feel when I think of you.
- Your thought has taken over my body and my soul, and now I discovered your thoughts have taken over my whole being, I find myself thinking about you even in odd times.
- Whenever you are in my mind, I never feel bored, I never feel lonely, I never feel gloomy. Just having you in my thoughts is enough to keep me satisfied.
- Thoughts of you warm my heart like the sun’s rays on a cold winter morning.
- The thought of kissing you is stuck in my head.
- Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.
- I’ll admit you’re on my mind more than just sometimes.
“Thinking of You”: Sympathy Quotes and Messages
Unfortunately, telling someone they are in your thoughts is not solely reserved for matters of love and romance. Sometimes, the time comes to offer your support to a friend that is grieving a loss or struggling personally by letting them know you are thinking of them.
The messages and quotes below offer simple ways to offer your sympathy and condolences to those close to you in their time of need.
- Thinking of you in this time of sorrow.
- My heart goes out to you and your family.
- Holding you close in my thoughts and hoping you are doing okay.
- I know I can’t make your pain go away, but I want you to know I’m here with a shoulder or an ear or anything else you may need.
- Maybe I can’t stop the downpour, but I will always join you for a walk in the rain.
- Thinking of you and praying you find moments of peace and comfort in the midst of your grief. (Unknown)
- Although no words can take away the sorrow that you bear, may it be comforting to you to know that others care.
- Wishing you strength in these difficult days and hoping that with time, peace will heal and comfort your heart.
- I just hugged you in my thoughts… hope you felt the squeeze.
- To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
(Thomas Campbell, Scottish poet, 1777–1844)
“Always Thinking about You” Messages and Quotes
Is there a special someone that you simply can’t get out of your mind, no matter how hard you try? If you want to let someone know you are constantly thinking about them, then these quotes are the perfect choice.
And if you haven’t built up the courage to let this person know how you feel about them, then these quotes and sayings also work well as cryptic captions for your Instagram stories and posts, Facebook statuses, tweets and even WhatsApp statuses.
It might even give them the hint that it’s them you’re referring to.
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
(Mahatma Gandhi, Indian lawyer, 1869–1948)
- Maybe if you can’t get somebody out of your head, they’re supposed to be there.
- If every time I thought of you, a star fell, well, the sky would be empty.
- Nothing enters my mind after you have occupied it. I could think about nothing but everything about you.
- Whenever I struggle to smile, I just close my eyes and think of you.
- If I quit thinking of you, I might stop breathing too.
- If it’s the thought that counts, then I’ll be counting a lot today.
- My mind wanders, and I get lost in thoughts of you.
- I’m always thinking of you when we’re not together. Thinking about your smile and about how much I love being together.
- Believe me when I say I always think of you, no matter how busy I am no matter what I’m doing, my brain is constantly thinking of you.
Tips on How to Send “Thinking of You” Quotes
Sending a message to let someone know you are thinking of them is a surefire way to make them feel good. But there are many different scenarios in which you would do so – to reconnect with a friend, to offer your condolences, to express love or simply just because.
So how should you go about sending quotes to tell someone you are thinking of them? Below, we outline a few tips for different kinds of “thinking of you” messages so you can send the right quotes and thoughts, whatever your situation is.
First, let’s take a look at writing a “thinking of you” message for a friend. Whether you want to reconnect, express your gratitude or simply brighten their day, there are a few tips you can follow to make writing your message easier.
Let Them Know They’re On Your Mind
Whether you do this by directly saying something like “I’ve been thinking of you,” or something less direct such as sharing something that reminded you of them, this is sure to bring a smile to their face.
This is where you can include one of our “thinking of you” quotes from above – check out our quotes for friends section.
If it’s been a while since you two caught up, ask them what’s new in their life. Check in with them and see how their life is going.
Try not to dwell too much on not having stayed in touch, and definitely don’t say anything that would make them feel as if the lack of contact is their fault.
Suggest a Get-Together
Your “thinking of you” message is the perfect opportunity to propose a follow-up chat to reconnect. You can ask them to go for a coffee, drinks, lunch, whatever you like. Suggest a time and place in the near future, and let them know you would love to see them again.
For Boyfriend or Girlfriend
Next, we will break down how to send your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife or any romantic partner a message to show them you are thinking of them.
This is a great way to express your affection for them and make sure they feel loved throughout their day. This is especially important for long-distance couples.
Tell Them They’re On Your Mind
In this scenario, it is best to be as romantic as possible. Try to emphasize how often they are on your mind or the kind of things that remind you of them.
A good morning message right after waking up is a great way to show your loved one that you think of them as soon as you get up in the morning.
Include a heartfelt quote from the many options above to express your feelings in a more poetic and beautiful way.
Tell Them You Miss Them
It is important to let your partner know that you would much rather be by their side when you two are apart.
Many people need reassurance that their love is reciprocated by their partner, especially in new relationships, so letting them know that you miss them and long to be with them is a good way to do this.
Whether you are a long-distance couple, are travelling for work or are apart for some other reason, showing you miss them is important.
Schedule a Catch-Up
A text message, WhatsApp, email or greetings card just doesn’t come close to the connection you feel from a voice call or, even better, a video call.
Try to avoid being vague when suggesting a time – even if the time you suggest doesn’t suit, offering a specific time shows you really mean it and serious about missing them.
It is a terribly sad thing when the time comes for you to send your sympathy to someone close to you. Whether they are grieving the loss of a loved one or are going through a tough time, offering your support and letting them know you are thinking of them shows them you are there for them if they need you.
Offer your Sympathy
Send your support and offer your condolences to your friend. Use a quote from our sympathy quotes section above, where we offer some messages that express sympathy as well as some beautiful quotes that express the sadness of these tough times.
Let Them Know You Are There For Them
Offer your friend a shoulder to lean on during their difficult time. Let them know you are there to help them with anything they need while they are going through this – whether that be making them some home cooked meals, helping with their kids, or simply lending a listening ear.
They may not take you up on your offer, but the gesture will be greatly appreciated.
Check In Afterwards
When it comes to grieving or other similar losses, you should not necessarily expect a response. However, it may be appropriate to check in with your friend or family member after the initial loss to make sure they are doing okay.
Ask them what you can do to support them, and remind them once again that they have your support to lean on.