85 Thank You Quotes & 5 Tips to Say Thank You
You can say thank you on many occasions. Choosing the right words is not always easy. We’ve picked out some good tips and many examples of thank you quotes and phrases so that you too can find the right words for any kind of thank you.
Saying thank you is easier when you express your gratitude in a saying, a quote or a short message. Our thank you quotes are suitable for messages via WhatsApp or social media as well as for cards and gift tags.
Thank You Quotes to Show Your Appreciation
There is a suitable thank you quote for every kind of occasion. Depending on which occasion it is, there are a few things to distinguish and consider.
The personal relationship and the reason you want to say thank you both play important roles.
Thank You Quotes for Kindness
Whether it’s for a special occasion or not, don’t miss out on just saying thank you to your loved ones for everything once in a while.
Without the most important people in your life, you would surely be missing something. So tell them what they mean to you and why you are grateful for everything they have done for you.
The following quotes are from unknown authors.
- "Thank you for your time, for your shoulder to lean on, and for your ears that always listen to me. You give me so much I can’t even put it into words. Thank you for everything."
- "You have always been by my side, through ups and downs. Thank you for everything."
- "Even if you don’t realize it, you are an incredibly valuable person in my life and I thank you for everything you have ever done for me."
- "Thanks for being by my side and supporting my decisions every step of the way. Without you my life would be incomplete."
- "I just wanted to say thank you for everything. You are an important part of my life."
Saying "Thank You" for Help and Support
There are many opportunities to say thank you for help — whether it’s after a move, a wedding, or when preparing for a birthday party.
Use such occasions to properly thank your loved ones for their support. We have the right thank you sayings to use for these times.
All of the following quotes are from unknown authors.
- "Sometimes we need someone to simply be there. Not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are cared for and supported."
- "Without your support, I would not be where I am today. That’s why I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart."
- "With you by my side, I can accomplish anything. Just as you are there for me, I want to always be there for you."
- "Thanks for the little ways that you help me and make me happy every day."
- "Thank you for making so many ordinary moments, extraordinary."
Messages to Say Thank You Professionally to Boss and Employees
When it comes to thank you texts for professional contacts, be careful. You certainly don’t want your thankfulness to seem too much. It should be appropriate for the occasion, but not intrusive.
Below you will find little messages to say thank you to your team, boss, employees, colleagues and advertisers. They are examples freely formulated by us, which you can use free of charge for your thank you card, email or other message.
- "My dear employees,
It’s Christmas and on this occasion I would like to thank you for all of your cooperation. We are a great team, I appreciate that."
- "Dear colleagues,
We work really well together. We always encourage each other.
This is how we made it and the project has been finished after all!
Thank you for your great teamwork."
- "For the new year I wish you much success for your business, health and also happiness. I look forward to our future collaboration and would like to thank you for the trust you have in us."
- "We wish our boss all the best for the celebration, because he is the best.
We feel comfortable with you and thank you for your trust in our work. Your employees wish you a Happy New Year."
- "My dear colleagues,
I wish you all a very merry Christmas season,
start well into the new year and get ready: because in the new year we will tackle more great projects with our great team energy!"
Colleagues should already say thank you to each other often. Especially if you have successfully worked together in a team, it is important to praise colleagues for a continued positive relationship.
It’s also helpful when bosses express thanks. Of course, they shouldn’t throw thank-yous around; after all, it’s supposed to be something special. If the work of the employees is particularly good from time to time, however, it motivates them immensely if a thank you is expressed.
It’s also important to thank clients and customers. However, it is enough to do this once a year (e.g. Christmas, New Year’s) so as not to overwhelm them with thank you notes and texts.
Thank You Quotes for Friends and Friendship
Sometimes you just have to express your gratitude to your friends. Your closest and best friends especially deserve to hear how important they are in your life.
All of the following quotes are from unknown authors.
- "From the bottom of my heart, I thank you, and appreciate all you have done. Your generosity has given me new hope."
- "Thank you for celebrating all the exciting moments of my life with me. I can’t imagine not having you by my side for every magical experience."
- "This is from my heart, to thank you for everything you have done for me, for all the times I forgot to tell you how I feel about you, and how happy I am that you are in my life."
- "Thank you. You have truly been a gift in my life. I don’t know how I could ever thank you for all that you do."
- "Thank you to my wonderful friend. Thank you for being you. You’re all I could ask for and more!"
Thank You Quotes and Messages From Parents to Teachers
Some teachers are very special. They are dedicated to their role and support their students wherever they can. They also encourage our children and therefore deserve a thank you more often than not.
The following messages are freely phrased and you are welcome to use them as a template to say thank you to your children’s teacher.
- "You are an inspiration to our children. You provide them with the motivation and the willpower they need in order to reach their goals so that we can all be proud of what’s accomplished together. Thank you for being an awesome teacher."
- "You are an inspiration to our children. You make them feel like they can do anything and help motivate the whole family in achieving goals together."
- "Simply put, a teacher like you is the reason why we have hope for our child’s future."
- "Thank you for being a teacher who works with passion and dedication for the future of our child."
- "For all the hard work and dedication you put into teaching, we are very grateful to you."
Grateful Thank You Quotes to Thank God, Jesus, the Lord
If you are religious and feel great gratitude to God, you can express that with the right quotes. These quotes are suitable for sending to contacts who are also religious or you can use them as your status.
- "If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."
(Meister Eckhart, German philosopher, 1260-1328)
- "Thank you God for all your blessings to me and my family. For the strength you give me each day and for all the people around me who make life more meaningful."
- "Thank you God for everything in my life. The good and the bad. Some were blessings and some were lessons."
- "God, thank you for keeping me together when I’m falling apart."
- "Thank you, God, for blessing me much more than I deserve."
- "I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds."
- "I will praise God’s name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving."
- "Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
His love endures forever."
- "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
- "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise — the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."
Thankfulness on Christmas and New Year’s Eve
Christmas and New Year’s Eve: The celebration of love and the end of the year combined. The so-called end-of-year spirit triggers the need to say thank you in many people. Reflect back on the year and think about all that has shaped it.
Who helped you and who did you lose contact with? What were the most significant experiences and what do you want to do better in the new year?
Below you will find both short quotes and messages that say thank you. They have unknown authors so you’re free to use them. Always remember that you can modify any saying so that it really suits you.
- "You always make me laugh. You always make me feel special. You always care for me. On the occasion of Christmas, I extend a warm thank you for all the good you have done for me."
- "Gifts are not just presents, they are an expression of feelings, and your gift beautifully expressed how important I am to you. Merry Christmas and thank you, my dear."
- "I have no words to thank you for all the kindness you have shown to me. On the occasion of Christmas, I extend a warm thank you to you."
- "You have made this Christmas all the more special for me with your presence. Thank you, and once again, I wish you a Merry Christmas."
- "To all my loved ones, I extend a warm thank you for being there for me, and for loving me unconditionally. Warm wishes on Christmas to all."
Saying "Thank You" for the Birthday Wishes
Birthdays: the day when the birthday child is celebrated and given only nice things to talk about. Many also call it a day to honor the birthday person.
So if you want to express your gratitude and appreciation to your family, friends and everyone who thought of you, you can do it with the following sayings.
The following messages don’t have an author so you’re free to use them.
- "I couldn’t find a card that expressed my gratitude the way I wanted. I need a card that gives you a big hug."
- "My birthday celebration was simply wonderful, and I enjoyed it very much. I would like to thank you very much for that."
- "To all of you, thanks so much for wishing me a happy birthday."
- "A big thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes! I had a lot of fun reading your sweet, funny and kind words."
- "Thank you for all the birthday wishes. But if only you had wished I’d stop aging instead. Thanks anyway, I guess, you guys are the best!"
- "I just wanted to say thank you for your lovely message. You are such an important part of my life and I know I can always rely on you."
- "I want to thank everyone for the heartwarming good wishes yesterday — even if I can’t remember all of them in detail."
Thank You Quotes for Memorial Day
Every year on the last Monday in May, Memorial Day is observed in the United States to mourn those who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.
For this occasion, you can express your gratitude with the help of quotes.
- "Thank you to all our military personnel for the sacrifices you have made for our freedom."
- "In memory of many, in honor of all, thank you."
- "We don’t know them all, but we owe them all."
- "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them."
(Franklin D. Roosevelt, American president, 1882-1945)
- "Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die."
(Gilbert K. Chesterton, English writer, 1874-1936)
- "Home of the free because of the brave."
- "The legacy of heroes — the memory of a great name, and the inheritance of a great example."
(Benjamin Disraeli, British statesman, 1804-1881)
- "Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering."
(Theodore Roosevelt, American president, 1858-1919)
Saying "Thank You" at Veterans Day
On Veterans Day as well, people remember the brave veterans who put themselves in harm’s way for their country.
The difference from Memorial Day is that on Veterans Day people also thank the veterans who are still alive.
The holiday is held every year on November 11. Many people use the day to thank veterans for their service.
The following quotes are free to use written and don’t have an author.
- "Thank you, veterans… For stepping forward when others step back. For placing yourself between us and danger. For serving our country. For protecting our freedoms."
- "Thank you, veterans. This nation shall remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
- "Thank you for your service, sacrifice and patriotism."
- "Some people dream the dream. Some people live the dream. Some people defend the dream. God bless the defenders."
- "If there is only one word to describe a military veteran, it would be 'sacrifice.'"
Sweet and Deep Thank You Quotes for Him and Her
If you ever want to say thank you in a deep way to your girlfriend, boyfriend, wife or husband, you can do it with a sweet thank you message. You can write the quote on a note or send it via a messenger like WhatsApp.
- "There are no words that can express my thanks for you. If words could be hugs I would send you pages."
- "Thank you for being a ray of sunshine even on my darkest days."
- "Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for making me smile like crazy. Thank you for making me happy."
- "I’m the luckiest wife/husband to have you as my life partner. Thank you for being so kind and loving."
- "Thank you for loving me even though I know how exhausting I can be. Thank you for always being by my side anyway."
Thank You Quotes for Mother’s Day
Every second Sunday in May is Mother’s Day — a perfect opportunity to say thank you to your mom with a Mother’s Day saying.
Of course, it’s also appropriate on any other day to appreciate your mother’s work and help. After all, during our childhood, she did something for us every day. Below we have picked out a few Mother’s Day thank you sayings for you.
- "Mom, thank you. Thank you for your great parenting. Thank you for your patience. Just thank you for everything."
- "Thanks for the genes that provided these crazy good looks, Mom."
- "Mothers are angels in disguise. Thank you for everything. You have taught me what love is. I’m blessed to have a mom like you."
- "Thank you for making me laugh when I feel like crying."
- "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
(Abraham Lincoln, American President, 1809-1865)
- "Thanks for never asking for reasons or explanations when all I wanted was a long hug and a few laughs."
- "Thanks for being brutally honest with me, especially when I am being ridiculous."
- "Dear Mom, thanks for always being there for me, loving me, caring for me. No one can ever replace you in my heart."
- "Mom, I promise to live a life that will do justice to all the sacrifices you’ve made."
- "The purest and truest meaning of the word 'unconditional' can only be found in a Mother’s love. Thank you for that, Mom."
Thank You Coach and Team Quotes and Messages
Even your coach deserves a thank you now and then. After all, she or he works hard to lead you to victory.
Therefore, for example, you can prepare a card with your team and write down your gratitude.
Likewise, your team deserves a thank you for working well together, no matter what sport you’re coaching.
- "Your motivation is like an airplane — it gets us exactly where we want to be in the least possible time. Thanks, coach."
- "Only a coach like you can help us convert the bitter pain of sacrifice into the sweet taste of victory. Thank you."
- "I hate it when you call me out for not doing my best, but deep down inside I know it will help me improve what I lack. I get annoyed when you try to push me beyond my limits, but deep down inside I know that’s the only way to cultivate a winning spirit. Thanks coach."
- "Training for game day is journey that goes from pathetic to euphoric — thanks to a coach who is just fantastic."
- "Sometimes we hate you because your drills are nothing short of torture, but we still love you because you are prepping us for a glorious future. Thanks, coach."
- "Individually, you can easily be conquered, but together, you are invincible. Union gives strength."
(Aesop, Greek author, 620-564 B.C.)
- "You are probably the best team I have ever coached. You show ambition, team spirit and you are always reliable. You deserve a big thank you for that."
- "You have come so far and yet there is no end in sight. I know that you can make it to the top as a team. Thank you for letting me be your coach and part of the team."
- "Thank you for letting me be your coach on your journey. I am so proud of you all, keep up the good work."
- "I know that the next time will be difficult, but you can do it. You are a perfect team and you have perseverance and strength. Thank you for your trust in me as a coach."
Thank You Quotes and Notes for a Gift
Saying thank you after a gift shows appreciation and allows people to enjoy giving. After all, small acts of kindness should be rewarded.
Saying thank you proves to us that it is worth making an effort for someone, that they notice it and don’t take it for granted. You can say thank you for any kind of gift. We have gathered some examples for you here.
- Christmas greetings:
"Thank you for your Christmas card. I thought I’d send you one back and tell you that you are an important part of my happiness."
"Thanks for the nice coupon, I guess it stays alive after all — in the piggy bank."
"Thank you for the beautiful earrings for Christmas. I think of you every time I wear them. You just know me so well and know what I like. You are a great friend."
"Dear Dad, that was the perfect gift. Thank you for the generous gift for my birthday."
"Grandma, I love your homemade cakes. I remember when I was younger it was tough to resists trying the raw batter. Thank you for making it for me on all special occasions and still serenading me beautifully on my birthday."
"Dear Mom, thank you for the new pants. For Mother’s Day, I got you a beautiful bouquet full of roses. I love you every day and wanted to say thank you with this."
Saying "Thank You" With a Famous Quote
Even a general life quote can express a thank you. If you’re at a loss for words of your own, quotes are the optimal solution. Using them can help you express your true gratitude.
Of course, it’s even nicer if you write your own little note to go with the quote, explaining what exactly you’re thankful for. The more precise your thanks are, the more they touch people.
- "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."
(Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman orator and statesman, 106-43 B.C.)
- "When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself."
(Tecumseh, Native American/Shawnee chief and warrior, 1768-1813)
- "Gratitude is the sign of noble souls."
(Aesop, Greek author, 620-564 B.C.)
- "I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."
(Gilbert K. Chesterton, English writer, 1874-1936)
- "It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought."
(Aristotle, Greek philosopher, 384-322 B.C.)
- "Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul."
(Henry Ward Beecher, American clergyman, 1813-1887)
- "Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts."
(Henri Frederic Amiel, Swiss philosopher, 1821-1881)
- "Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect."
(Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Swiss writer, 1712-1778)
- "Never take anything for granted."
(Benjamin Disraeli, British statesman, 1804-1881)
- "Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy."
(Dietrich Bonhoeffer, German theologian, 1906-1645)
Sincerely Say "Thank You" With These Tips
As a kid,we didn’t have to think twice because we were taught: when you get something, you have to say thank you. Unfortunately, in adulthood, this exemplary behavior has waned a bit.
Many people are even uncomfortable saying thank you. After all, it is still a personal and often even emotional matter. For this reason, many people say thank you with thank you quotes, messages, or small gifts. In this chapter, we give you valuable tips on what to consider when saying thank you.
Occasions on Which to Say "Thank You"
First, any time someone does something nice for you, you can say thank you. If you want to express general thanks (for friendship, support and so on), official occasions are also suitable. That way, your thanks will make a special day even more special.
Especially suitable are Christmas, New Year’s, birthdays and Mother’s Day or Father’s Day. Saying goodbye to a colleague or a friend who is moving away is another important occasion to say thank you properly.
Speech File: Thank You – You’re Welcome
It is part of the general social conventions and instilled polite etiquette to respond to certain expressions in a certain way.
Since the majority of us live in an unisolated community of speakers, the so-called speech acts determine our everyday life. They cause us to respond to statements like "thank you" with "you’re welcome" and vice versa.
To ensure that thanks don’t come across as dishonest or automated, we also show thankfulness with our gestures. Since there are no facial expressions or gestures with a written-down saying, it’s important that you write out the thanks and not paraphrase.
An example of this is "I just wanted to say thank you for helping me find a place to live." rather than "It was cool of you to be there when I was looking for a place to live."
The Power of "Thank You"
The words "thank you" can do a lot of things. They help us a lot in social interaction and cost nothing except — for some people — a bit of shyness to overcome. In a relationship, at work, and even in families, it’s important to value the other person.
By saying thank you, we convey respect and show that we can’t take our counterpart’s accomplishments for granted. The balance of giving and receiving is very important to a happy life.
Ways of Saying "Thank You"
With good friends or people you see often, you can of course say thank you in person or with a phone call. Thank you messages or other short messages are wonderfully suitable for Facebook, WhatsApp, texts and more.
Some people still send thank you cards or letters in the mail today. Especially for weddings, thank you notes, births or expressions of sympathy, postal mail is quite common.
Saying "Thank You" With a Gift
Of course, if you want to say thank you for something, you can always rely on the good old classics: flowers, an invitation to dinner, chocolate or wine. But now there are countless other options.
For example, there are specially made goodies that you can give to say thank you. They are not particularly expensive and are a great addition to your thank you card. A nice meal or cake that you cooked or baked is also a nice gesture to give as a thank you.
You can, of course, craft a gift from scratch. This shows that your thanks really comes from the heart. The person receiving your gift will appreciate your effort and is probably even more pleased than they would be about something purchased.
For example, you could buy a small book and write on each page what you want to thank them for. Such a book is often available for friends, mothers and other people who are close to you. However, it is much nicer if you do it yourself and include photos, for example.