Single Quotes: 90 Quotes on Being Single for Every Occasion
Single quotes are suitable for laughing and sending, for countering, or for Valentine’s Day. We have interesting facts for singles as well as 80 varied sayings and quotes for every occasion.
Singles quotes are for singles with a sense of humor who don’t take themselves too seriously. As a single person, you will surely be confronted with one comment or another from time to time or reduced to your single status.
The best solution to this problem is to laugh it off and move on. Our single quotes are funny, motivating and self-deprecating – surely there is a suitable saying for you.
80 Quotes on Being Single
Below you will find 80 single quotes in seven categories. These include funny singles sayings as well as Valentine’s Day quotes and greetings for singles.
We also warn about ten sayings that no single wants to hear and help with ten sayings which you can use to counter them. In addition, you will find encouraging single sayings and short sayings for texting and social media.
Funny Quotes on Being Single
In this article, we have funny singles quotes for you that you can definitely identify with. They are self-deprecating and don’t take being single so seriously.
The sayings are suitable for sending, posting, replying or for a funny birthday card.
- The best part of a relationship is the beginning, when you haven’t met yet and are still single.
- Nothing makes you feel more like you’re single than the minimum order at the drive through.
- I do not need my partner to be a genius, not being a complete idiot would be enough for me.
- The only things that tie into my life are my shoelaces.
- "Are you solo?" – "Depends… Is the Empire looking for me?"
- S.I.N.G.L.E = Strong, Independent, Noticeable, Generous, Loyal and Enlightened.
- People say every pot finds its lid. I think I’m a wok.
- Cupid, give me the damn arrow, I’ll do the crap myself now.
- I’m not single. I live in a long-distance relationship with my partner of the future.
- No, I’m not giving up on love yet. After all, I’m not going to stop eating just because I can’t cook.
- When I was young, singles were still made of vinyl, not desperation.
- My relationship is like a yacht. I don’t have one.
- I am happy, because I’m single by choice, not by chance.
- I am a realist. I believe in the great love. And in unicorns. And in the Nutella tree.
- Everybody always says you can find love around every corner. I guess my life must be a circle.
Quotes For and About Singles
The following quotes for and about singles emphasize the benefits of being alone and the satisfaction that can come from being single.
Some are also meant to be funny from today’s perspective, reflecting an outdated worldview that most people can no longer identify with.
- "It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company."
- "No one can give you better advice than yourself."
(Marcus Tullius Cicero)
- "To live alone is the fate of all great souls."
- "The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone."
- "In solitude the mind gains strength and learns to lean upon itself."
- "I would rather be a beggar and single than a queen and married."
- "It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something."
- "I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person."
- "I celebrate myself, and sing myself."
- "I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude."
(Henry David Thoreau)
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Singles
Valentine’s Day has been more than just a day for lovers in the past. It is also used to simply please your loved ones or to support your single friends.
In the past, this day often had an exclusionary effect on singles. Today, the Day of the Lovers refers more and more to any kind of love: whether in a relationship, a friendship, among colleagues, the family or with a pet.
We’ve compiled a few Valentine’s Day sayings and greetings for your single friends.
- In a relationship, you try to solve problems that you would never have on your own. So today for Valentine’s Day, I congratulate us because you and I don’t have those problems.
- I believe that two people who belong together will find their way to each other… maybe in detours and it may take time, but they will find each other.
- "To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with."
And I want to be that someone for you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- You know what makes me happy? – Read that first word again.
- Love shall be our token; love be yours and love be mine.
- Life is never perfect, but there are people who make it perfect.
- Valentine’s Day is perfect to show and tell a loved one how much you like them. And with you I start!
- The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing.
- 1 universe, 8 planets, 194 countries, 7 oceans and I was lucky enough to find you.
- You are better than any person who has ever been in my life.
Single Mom Quotes
The following quotes are for all the single moms who manage to juggle kids and a job on a daily basis.
Sometimes being a single mom can be quite exhausting but remember that you are an inspiration for everyone out there. Maybe you can get some motivation out of the following quotes.
- Some days she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day it still gets done.
- Gone are the days when you would sit and wait for your knight in shining armor. Be brave, be independent and believe that you can do it, and you can do a better job.
- Being a single mum is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride.
- A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.
(Honore de Balzac)
- We are born of love; love is our mother.
- At the end of the day, it’s the bond you share with your child that matters, and you mommy know just how to do that.
- Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
(William Makepeace Thackeray)
- A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
- Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.
- Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.
Quotes that no Single Wants to Hear
Many singles are repeatedly confronted with quotes and well-intentioned advice that they have heard many times before.
Especially on weddings, family celebrations or other occasions, where every distant acquaintance has a tip or comment about your single life.
At the same time, pity or advice are usually completely out of place. They put the single person in an uncomfortable situation and give him or her the feeling that he or she has to change something about the situation.
However, many singles are completely content with not having a partner and that’s fine. Everyone should decide for themselves and not have to live up to outdated societal demands.
We’ve compiled quotes that no single ever wants to hear and, following that, some to counter typical singles questions and comments.
- Love comes to you when you are looking for it the least.
- I know someone who might be a good match for you.
- After all, you don’t have to fret about laundry lying around.
- I also don’t understand why someone attractive like you can’t find someone.
- Maybe you need to lower your standards a bit.
- Enjoy your single life. It’s bound to be over sooner than you think.
- Maybe you should rethink your type.
- If you still want to start a family, though, you’re going to have to get busy.
- You need to love yourself first so you can be happy in a relationship.
- Don’t despair, the right one will come along.
Savage Singles Quotes on Being Single with Attitude
In this part you will find ten singles quotes to repartee. They will help you in all social situations where you have to endure questions and comments about your single life.
The sayings are quick-witted, sometimes sarcastic, and will either make your counterpart laugh or shut him up. So you can hope that the single topic has settled for now.
- I’ve been single for a while now and think it’s going great. I am just right for me.
- Why I can’t find a guy? I can assemble everything myself, that’s why they get scared.
- I just haven’t found the one for me. Now I’m looking for a different one.
- I’m single because the selection sucks.
- I think I’m still single because I have not forwarded the stupid chain letter from 2004.
- I’m single because I don’t want just anyone, I want someone special.
- Do I have dates? Yes updates on my phone.
- I’m single, because I just can’t stop searching.
- In my double bed next to me: Laptop, book, cell phone, chocolate… I would not even know how to make room for a man!
- Why someone like me is single? Well, it could be because I haven’t thrown all my aspirations overboard yet.
Encouraging Quotes for Singles
The following singles sayings are the opposite of the platitudinous advice and tips singles are confronted with day after day. They are encouraging, understanding, tolerant and call for more self-love.
With them, you can support and please singles or post or send them yourself as a single to express your opinion.
- Being single doesn’t mean you don’t know anything about love. It just means you know enough to wait for the right person.
- I’d rather be alone than in an unhappy relationship. There are far too many of those.
- Once you’ve learned that you’re fine on your own, it’s now harder for others to get to you.
- It is a strength to know exactly what you want.
- Through you I’ve learned how nice it is to just be consciously single and that I’m enough.
- Just now you are independent and in control of what you want to become and where you want to go.
- You should never chase men and buses. There are always new ones coming.
- I’ll gladly run to meet you, but I won’t run after you.
- Don’t listen to others, listen to your heart.
- It is not important to find the perfect partner. It is only important to find a partner for whom you are perfect.
Quotes on Being Single for Social Media
The following singles quotes for texts are short and confident. They are either self-deprecating or self-assured and quickly show your contacts how you feel about being single.
The sayings are also suitable for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Co.
- I’m not alone, I’m free.
- I have breakfast in the morning for two, but alone.
- Stay single, avoid stress.
- Single like a Pringle.
- Relationship status: recalculating the route.
- I don’t want the prince, I’ll take the castle.
- Single?! Let’s say free, independent and self-determined.
- I can only stand pairs in the form of shoes.
- Single, because my hair already stresses me enough.
- Single. Who wants to change that?
- I’m single because then I’m the master of the remote control.
- With love it’s like Candy Crush – eventually it will work out!
- Tattoos last longer than relationships.
- Better single than in the wrong hands!
- Tip for singles: lights off, horror movie on. That’s how you no longer feel alone.
Occasions for using Single Quotes
There are various occasions for singles quotes. Some singles simply like to use self-deprecating humor about single life to send to single friends.
But some also use them as a counter to inappropriate comments from acquaintances or relatives.
You can share the sayings with social media and texts or write them as a funny saying for friends in a birthday card. We have a few occasions for you to use singles sayings for.
- Family celebrations (as a counter to singles comments)
- Responding to bad pickup lines
- Social media status
- Send to single friends
- For a birthday card
- For Valentine’s Day
Difference Between Single and Mingle
"Mingle" refers to singles who are temporarily in some kind of relationship, but hardly anyone or even no one knows about it. To the outside world, they are single and enjoy all the freedoms.
However, there is one person in their life with whom they sleep and do couples activities. They even cuddle and take trips together.
In principle, this relationship model is similar to a friendship with benefits or an open relationship. There are two differences, however. In a friendship with benefits, it’s usually just casual sex without relationship-like structures.
In an open relationship, the environment usually knows that both partners are together. Internally, however, they have agreed with each other that they also date others.
From Being Single to Being in a Relationship
If you’re looking for a relationship, there are many ways of partnering apart from online dating. For example, try using new contacts through a new hobby.
Talk to friends to see if they know anyone or give old acquaintances a chance. You can create more opportunities by doing something on your own and being more open to new contacts.
For example, sit in a park by yourself and read a book, go on a short trip alone, or go to the bar an hour early before meeting up with your friends.