114 Quotes about Daughters in 10 Categories
Daughters hold a very special place in a parent’s heart. Having and raising a daughter can bring along a whirlwind of emotions – from fear and uncertainty to pride and joy. It can really be a rollercoaster. Here you will find beautiful quotes that perfectly expresses the love for daughters.
But getting to watch your daughter flourish into the person they become is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have.
And if you’re lucky, your relationship will also blossom into a lifelong friendship. The quotes below help to express the strong emotions that surround having and raising a daughter.
Beautiful Daughter and Mother Quotes
Mothers have a very special bond with their daughters. Mothers are also daughters themselves, and so can relate very closely to their daughter’s experiences. Oftentimes, mothers even find their relationship with their own mother reflected in the one they have with their daughter.
The heartfelt, funny and beautiful quotes below are ideal for putting the complexity of a mother-daughter relationship into words. With so many options, you are sure to find a quote you identify with.
Quotes about Mothers and Daughters
The quotes below illustrate the unconditional love shared between mothers and daughters. The special relationship they have can be complicated at times – especially during the teenage years – but with the passing of time, mothers and daughters grow to understand each other more and more.
- A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.
- Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence that they may be true and faithful.
(Elmina S. Taylor, American cleric, 1830–1904)
- Mother and daughter are never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart. (Unknown)
- The heart of a mother is a deep abyss, at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
(Honoré de Balzac, French novelist, 1799–1850)
- A mother and a daughter have one soul for two, which can’t be broken by time, obstacles, distance and insults.
- What the daughter does, the mother did.
- A mother and a daughter always share a special bond, which is engraved on their hearts.
- By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she’s wrong.
- Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers.
- Good daughters make good mothers.
(Abigail Goodrich Whittelsey, American editor, 1788–1858)
- A mother and daughter relationship is a special bond that spans the years. Through laughter, worry, smiles and tears. A sense of trust that can’t be broken, a depth of love sometimes unspoken.
- All a mother’s characteristics are absorbed by the daughter’s personality so that it’s not clear where the mother ends, and the daughter begins. It’s pure magic.
- You’ll be her first role model, her first friend, her first love. You are her mom and she is your whole world. She is your little girl.
- He that would the daughter win must with the mother first begin.
“To My Daughter”: Quotes from Mothers
The journey of raising a daughter can be complicated for mothers. It is important to show your daughter how much you love her and how you will always be there for her, while also giving her room to grow and become independent.
And when daughters do eventually become independent and leave the nest, it can be heartbreaking for mothers. The relationship between daughters and mothers changes in nature, but the love always remains. The quotes below show depict this journey from a mother’s perspective.
- Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes, and the objects of our most watchful love.
(Margaret E. Sangster, American poet, 1838–1912)
- A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.
- For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you.
- I love you for the little girl that you once were, for the amazing woman you are today, and for the precious daughter that you will always be.
- The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.
(Cardinal Mermillod, Swiss cardinal, 1824–1892)
- The day you came into this world was the day that my life was forever changed. I never thought it was possible to feel so many different emotions all at the same time. One look at your beautiful face and I felt overjoyed, incredulous, blessed, relieved, exhausted, and utterly terrified.
- From the moment they placed you in my arms, you snuggled right into my heart.
- And though she be but little, she is fierce.
(William Shakespeare, English playwright, 1564–1616)
- Lucky is the woman whose first child is a daughter.
(Prophet Muhammad, Arab religious leader, 571–632 AD)
- No matter how old my daughter gets, she’ll always be my baby girl.
Mom Quotes from Daughters
A mother is a daughter’s first role model: someone to look up to, the first person they mirror as they play dress-up as toddlers. Daughters will reflect the qualities their mothers show them growing up, and often, it is not until they are older that they realize the strength and wisdom of their mothers.
The quotes below can be used by daughters to show appreciation for all that their mothers do for them.
- Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.
(George Eliot, English novelist, 1819–1880)
- A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.
(Emily Dickinson, American poet, 1830–1886)
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
(Abraham Lincoln, former US president, 1809–1865)
- Dear mom, I get it now.
- I smile because I’m your daughter. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.
- On the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am and I straighten my crown.
- Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a Mother.
- Mother. One person who does the work of twenty. For free.
- If I didn’t have you as a mom, I’d choose you as a friend.
- Mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.
(Cardinal Mermillod, Swiss cardinal, 1824–1892)
Mother Daughter Captions for Instagram
Whether you want to show your appreciation for your mother on Mother’s Day, or your daughter on her birthday – posting a picture of the two of you on Instagram is a great way to do it.
Below are some cute Instagram captions that are perfect for a picture of a mother-daughter coffee date, a throwback photo or just an appreciation post. These captions also work great for other social media networks, like Facebook and Twitter.
- God sent me a daughter and a best friend at the same time.
- Schedule update: Mother and daughter date!
- Strong women raise strong women.
- The love of a mother for her daughter is forever.
- Friends come and go, but they’ll never replace a mother.
- No matter how far I go, I always return home to my mom.
- Happiness is mother and daughter time.
- Like mother, like daughter.
- Two peas in a pod.
- Home is where my mom is.
- The love between a mother and daughter knows no distance.
- The Queen and her Princess.
Father and Daughter Quotes
Daughters are their father’s little princesses, and have a reputation for twisting their dads around their little fingers. Fathers want the absolute best for their little girls, and this love they show creates a very special bond between fathers and daughters.
Whether you are a father looking for the right words to show appreciation for his daughter, or a daughter doing the same for her father, you can find the perfect quote below.
Beautiful Dad Quotes from Daughter
Having a father to look up to is very important for growing girls. Fathers set the standards for which little girls expect to be treated by men, and when fathers treat their daughters like princesses, they will expect no less from prospective partners.
Here you will find some beautiful quotes that show a daughter’s love for her dad.
- Some people don’t believe in heroes but they haven’t met my dad.
- There is no place higher than on Daddy’s shoulders.
- A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.
- You bought me every single toy that I wanted when I was young. I hope I can return the favor when I grow up by achieving every single goal that you always wanted me to.
- Nothing makes me feel stronger than knowing that I have a dad who’s got my back.
- No music is so pleasant to my ears as that word: father.
(Lydia Maria Child, American abolitionist, 1802–1880)
- To the world, you are a dad. But to our family, you are the world.
- To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter.
(Euripides, Greek tragedian, c. 480–406 BC)
- I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.
(Sigmund Freud, Austrian neurologist, 1856–1939)
- Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters, there is something which there are no words to express.
(Joseph Addison, English essayist, 1672–1719)
- A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.
- A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.
(Emile Gaboriau, French writer, 1832–1873)
- Dad, I know you’ve loved me as long as I’ve lived, but I’ve loved you my whole life.
Funny Daddy and Daughter Quotes
The stereotype of Daddy’s little girl and fathers who can’t say no is a source of a lot of giggles. The quotes below will bring a smile to fathers and daughter alike as they depict the funny side of this beautiful relationship.
- A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice cream by her mother. She knows Daddy will get her some later.
- It doesn’t matter how manly you are, when your little girl wants to have a fairy tea party, you have to join!
- My fingers may be small, but I’ve got my daddy wrapped around them.
- My daughter doesn’t have any daddy issues, but I can guarantee her boyfriend will.
- Thanks again, Dad, for not actually killing any of the guys I dated.
- The older I get, the more my dad seems to learn.
- Mothers, of course, are all right. They pay a chap’s bills and don’t bother him. But fathers bother a chap and never pay his bills.
(Oscar Wilde, Irish poet, 1854–1900)
- A father is a banker provided by nature.
- I wouldn’t want to roll my eyes at anyone else’s jokes.
- Dad, you’re one of my favorite parents.
- A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness.
(Ben Sirach, Jewish scribe, circa 190 BC)
- Clever father, clever daughter; clever mother, clever son.
- There is no place higher than on Daddy’s shoulders.
Daughter Quotes to Wish a Happy BIrthday
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your daughter’s birthday card, then look no further. We have a vast number of birthday wishes for daughters below that are short and sweet, perfect for a birthday card or gift tag.
Make sure to add a personal touch to these messages, like an inside joke or funny anecdote, to really make the card stand out.
- I hope your day is as special as you. Happy birthday, daughter.
- You’ll always be the apple of my eye. Wishing you the best birthday!
- Watching you grow into a responsible young woman is all I could ever ask for. Happy birthday, my darling.
- Happy birthday to the best daughter in the world! I hope all your dreams come true.
- Happy birthday to the girl whose birthday I’ll never forget – how could I, with all the pain you put me through!
- Even though I can no longer pick you up, you’ll always be my baby. Happy birthday, to my favorite little girl.
- It’s an honor to have raised a woman like you. Keep shining and spreading your love. Happy birthday, dear.
- Sending birthday wishes to my wonderful daughter from afar. I hope you feel my love today, despite the distance. Have a wonderful day!
- Hugs and kisses on your special day from the people who brought you into this world! Have a blast!
- Wishing you love, joy and cheer on your birthday, my dear daughter. You mean the world to me.
- Happy birthday to my little ray of sunshine. Thank you for always brightening up my day. I love you more than you know.
- Another year older, another year wiser. I hope you achieve everything you set out for this coming year. Happiest of birthday to my precious little girl.
Quotes about Step Daughters
Joining a family as a stepmother or stepfather can come with a difficult relationship with your stepdaughter. These relationships can take a lot of time to develop as you get to know each other, which makes it all the more special when you form a close relationship.
These quotes are perfect for expressing the love you have for your stepdaughter and the special circumstances that brought you two together.
- You’re not my stepdaughter, you’re my daughter. You just happened to be born before I met you.
- DNA doesn’t make you family, love does.
- I didn’t give you the gift of life, but life gave me the gift of you.
- Being your stepdad is enough to make me love you with my entire heart.
- You will never know how much it has meant to me to have you as a stepdaughter. Thank you for allowing me to love someone more than I ever knew was possible.
- You make me feel as if you’ve been my daughter my entire life. I am glad you treat me like I’m your real mother. I’m grateful for all the laughs and good times we shared. I love you and this family so much.
- A stepdaughter is the daughter that nature didn’t give you, but a daughter that life has blessed you with.
- A stepdaughter is a gift of love.
- You may not have my eyes or my smile, but you’ll always have my heart.
- Sharing love is more important than sharing blood.
Quotes about Daughters in Law
Welcoming a daughter-in-law into the family is a beautiful thing. Getting to know someone who makes your son or daughter so happy can often lead to very close relationships, and there is no better way to describe this than the quotes below. Use them to emphasize your daughter-in-law’s place in your family.
- Daughter-in-law by relation, friend by connection.
- Having an amazing daughter-in-law like you is the new definition of happiness.
- Our son has given us many gifts, but the best is you, dear.
- My daughter-in-law is the woman my son picked to be my best friend.
- Two amazing women can love the same incredible man in completely different ways. One is his wife, the other is his mother.
- Now that you’ve come along, our family is complete.
- Daughter-in-law: Created by God and hand-chosen by my son to be loved, cherished, and valued in our family.
- If I didn’t have you as a daughter-in-law, I’d choose you as my friend.
- Marriage made you family; love made you my daughter.
- Daughter-in-law by chance, friend by choice.
Quotes That Say “I Love My Daughter”
Sometimes, we simply want to tell our children how much we adore them. It can feel as though the love you have for your daughter cannot be emphasized enough, and you know they deserve to feel all of it.
These quotes will help you put those feelings into words so your daughter will be sure of just how much you love her.
- A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she’ll never outgrow your heart.
- A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.
- Raising a daughter is like growing a flower. You give it your best. If you’ve done your job well, she blooms.
- Sometimes, when I need a miracle, I look into my daughter’s eyes and realize I have already created one.
- You are more than my daughter; you’re also my dearest friend.
- Every day, I love you as much as the day you were born. It will always be this way, no matter what happens in your life.
- There are thousands of children in the world, and I was lucky enough to get you.
- I love you for the baby you were and the woman you are today.
- Sweet girl, you are more than we ever expected and better than we ever imagined.
- A daughter is God’s way of saying, I thought you could use a lifelong friend.
Tips on How to Use the Daughter Quotes
After reading all the beautiful, funny quotes for daughters, you might be wondering how you can use them. Although they can be nice to simply read and reflect on, there are many more ways they can be put to use.
Below, we have compiled three tips on how to make the most of the daughter quotes above to give you a little inspiration. Remember: your creativity knows no bounds. Trying something different will be as surefire way for your gesture to stick in your daughters mind for years to come.
Write Them in a Card or Letter
The most obvious way to use the quotes you find in this article is to include them in a card or letter to your daughter. This could be a birthday card, Christmas card or any other holiday greeting.
Why not send your daughter a card on International Daughter’s Day, which falls on September 25th? Some of the quotes also work well for daughters to send to their parents – making Mother’s Day and Father’s Day two great occasions to put these quotes to use.
These quotes are also ideal for adding to letters, especially if your daughter lives far away and you want to remind her of your love. Simply include one of the quotes above in your letter to her, along with a personal message and any news you might have to keep her in the loop of your life.
Use Them on Social Media
It’s not just the Instagram captions category that is suited to use on social media – any of the quotes you find here are great for sharing with friends and family online. Shorter ones work particularly well for this option.
Choose a quote that resonates with you and use it on as a photo caption or a status on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter… whatever your preferred social media network is.
Your daughter will love reading the beautiful words you have associated with her, and your friends and family are sure to enjoy them too.
Incorporate Them in DIY Projects
This last option is a great idea for the more creative types among us. You can choose your favorite quote and base a craft project around it. This could be almost anything – from embroidering it on a towel or cloth, to scrapbooking, to creating a print to hang up on the wall… the possibilities are endless!
These homemade crafts will have a much more personal touch than slogan products you can buy in a store and will really make your home feel truly unique.
This option also makes for a great gift for your daughter: instead of buying a run-of-the-mill “World’s Best Daughter” mug, why not purchase a DIY mug-painting kit and personalize it with your meaningful quote? Your daughter will definitely appreciate the heartfelt gesture.