70 Charming Wedding Wishes & Quotes for a Happy Marriage
Wedding Wishes are part of every wedding. They can be found in greeting cards, guest books, and speeches. Depending on how close you are to the bride and groom, it can be difficult to find the right words. We have compiled some wishes, sayings, and short texts to help you express yourself the best.
Wedding wishes come in a wide variety of forms, depending on your personal relationship with the bride and groom. For work colleagues and acquaintances, for example, beautiful love quotes and sayings are suitable.
If you have a close personal relationship with the couple, words should be chosen carefully. For many, their wedding is the most beautiful day of their lives and your message for their future should be something special.
The Best Wedding Wishes
Below you will find templates for your wedding greetings as well as images.
We have written short sample texts and compiled sayings and quotes for you, which are in the different categories depending on your desire.
Short or long – from beautiful to modern and personal to funny wedding wishes, it’s all here. Express your congratulations with our sayings for your sister, brother, daughter or son on their wedding.
Wedding Quotes for a Friend
For a young and dynamic bride and groom, modern wedding wishes are wonderful. They are suitable for people who are in the middle of life and think pragmatically rather than romantically.
Are you not a fan of cheesy sayings and want to wish the bride and groom all the best without getting into romantic exaggerations? Then these sayings will be the right thing for you.
- We extend our warmest congratulations on your wedding day and lots of sunshine for your future together as husband and wife.
- All the best for your wedding. Love, trust and reliability shall always accompany you.
- So happy to celebrate this special day with you both! Wishing you lots of love and a lifetime of happiness.
- Wishing you joy, love and happiness on your wedding day as you begin your new life together.
- We are happy with all our hearts about your decision. For your life together we wish you all the love and happiness in the world. Together you can do anything.
- You’re already successful in your jobs, and now you’re a dream team in your personal lives, too. For your wedding, your colleagues wish you all the best.
- For your future, I wish you understanding of each other, confidence and strength to always remain faithful in your marriage. I believe in you guys!
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." (Lao Tzu)
You radiate this peace and confidence. I wish you only the best for the future!
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
- You are not just lucky in life, but also in love. After the wedding, the cards are reshuffled, I wish you a good hand for that too.
Write the wedding wishes, for example, in a card for a couple who don’t think much of puffy phrases or embellished texts. The fact that they are not too personal and can be applied to many couples makes them flexible and safe.
The wording in modern wedding wishes is usually loose and easy to understand. Sometimes they even rhyme. They also do great in the guest book because they are so easy to read.
Short Wedding Wishes
Our short wedding wishes are especially suitable for acquaintances and colleagues, for a nice gift tag, the guest book or a text message. They can also fill empty spaces in a card.
- Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!
- May today be the beginning of a long, happy life together.
- We hope your honeymoon takes you to your dream destination and your marriage takes you to your life’s destination!
- It can be a single person that becomes a whole paradise.
- Congratulations to the dream couple!
- Often, all it takes is one person to make the world shine.
- May you always be as in love as you are today! We wish you good luck, love and health for your life together.
- The most beautiful gift in life is when a great love comes true. For this I congratulate you from the bottom of my heart.
- "The best friend will probably acquire the best wife, because a good marriage is founded on the talent for friendship."
(Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche)
- Marriage is the discovery that people must share not only what they do not know about each other, but also what they do not know about themselves.
- "Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage."
- "To witness two lovers is a spectacle for the gods."
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- Only with love and trust, can marital happiness be built – may this happiness continue to accompany you in all times!
- Now forge single-handedly marital bliss – for two. My wish: It be constant and durable always!
- You have married, are now groom and bride. Now you go together in all circumstances. Therefore, always remain united without sorrow and suffering. (Unknown)
If you want to give your wedding greetings to close contacts like friends or family, you should never just use a short saying.
Instead, write it on the left half of the greeting card and use the right side for a small text of your own with congratulations. Our short congratulations are versatile and fit almost any couple in terms of content.
Beautiful Wedding Wishes for a Happy Couple
In this section you will find beautiful wedding wishes. They can be heartfelt and embellished or classically romantic.
Aphorisms, quotes or sayings are very suitable as a basis for affectionate wishes for the future.
We have created some examples for you that will help you please the bride and groom. They are versatile and suitable for a variety of friendships. Weigh how close you are to the couple and what good wishes are suitable.
- Your love is like a budding flower that reaches its most beautiful form after the wedding. Best wishes for your wedding, that your marriage may be like spring, so fresh and joyful.
- Your fairytale has come true. The magic power of love has cast its spell on you and made you husband and wife today. May this magic always accompany you and give you a wonderful marriage.
- "You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving."
(Robert Louis Stevenson)
- A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.
(Max Muller) To the way of life, hand in hand: good luck and much love. Walk in the same step all the time, and happiness and love will go with you!
- "To get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."
You both have found that in each other. I wish you to experience the full value of shared happiness day by day in the new bond of marriage.
- "Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another."
I wish you that your love always lasts and you grow in it and become richer and richer.
- "Happy alone is the soul that loves."
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
It really shows on both of you. May your love always bring you happiness. I wish you on your common life path only the best for the future and congratulate you warmly!
- "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward in the same direction."
(Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
You are looking at a common future, full of happiness and love, from today. I wish you that all your dreams come true.
- Your love is like a fairytale. You fit together like the "Once upon a time …" and the "They lived happily ever after …".
With everything that comes in between, I wish you courage, strength, health and all the happiness in the world. Congratulations on the fairytale marriage!
- I look at you guys – you shine like the sun.
I wish you a blue and cloudless sky in the future.
- Thank you for inviting me to share in this day with you and your family. Best wishes.
- Happiness is when you come home rather than leave home…. and that’s exactly the kind of happy marriage I wish for you.
- You both said yes today, to all the bad and all the good of your qualities. You love each other as you are and therefore I wish your marriage eternity.
- "Love is the attempt to form a friendship inspired by beauty."
(Marcus Tullius Cicero)
You have always listened to your hearts and formed your friendship into a beautiful and lovely relationship. I believe in you and your marriage, together you can do anything!
- "We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end."
Funny Wedding Wishes for Bride and Groom
Wedding wishes with jokes and humor are something for close friends with whom you are often in a joking mood.
They should be used judiciously, as even humorous couples are a bit more serious on their wedding day.
- Dear bride and groom, did you actually know that the secret of a happy marriage lies in the four words "You’re right, darling!"? If you manage to stick to them, you can do anything and grow old together. In this endeavor, I wish you all the best!
- "The happiness of a married man depends on the people he has not married."
Wishing helped, you found the pot for your lid. Make your marriage a great dish, I’m always at your side with recipes!
- Never laugh at her choices. You are her biggest one dude! Congrats for this amazing journey you’re about to witness!
- That’s what you get for not falling in love at the right time when you were young. Now you have to marry what is left. Nevertheless, I wish you all the best of luck for the future!
- Congratulations and a piece of advice: don’t build furniture together if you want this to last!
- I wish you a great partnership that will last long in the future. My tip for the groom: If you’re wrong, admit it. And if you’re right, keep silent as a grave.
- Marriage is a bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.
- "Congratulations, you are now the wearer and bearer of the world’s smallest handcuffs – your wedding rings! May you be bound together for a long time."
- "Marriage is neither heaven nor hell, it is simply purgatory."
- Dear bride and groom,
have you already gotten your boat license? After all, a marriage is not a rowboat sailing on a lake but a motorboat ride on the open sea.
I wish you for the future a pleasant swell and many beautiful hours at the sea.
Enjoy the honeymoon you two!
- "Marriage is like a long hot bath. If you can always pick yourself up and pour warm water, you can endure wonderfully in it until you are all wizened."
I wish you a lot of strength and courage to keep the bath warm at all times.
- Everyone knows the saying, "Happy wife, happy life."
Dear groom, just get over it and you’ll have an easier time in marriage.
For this I wish you both all the best!
- "It takes three to make a happy marriage: a man, a woman and a television set." (Unknown)
- "In a marriage, a man and a woman understand each other even without words." (Unknown)
I wish you, until you understand each other silently, much strength and perseverance!
- Hey, psst, a tip to the bride: make the man feel like he wears the pants. After all, we both know who is the boss in your marriage.
- Marriage is like vitamins: we supplement each other’s minimum daily requirements.
- Thanks for the free booze. Best wishes and good luck on a long, happy marriage!
- "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards."
For the future, I wish you that you manage to turn a blind eye every now and then. If it becomes too colorful for you, you have my number and I have an open ear!
It can always happen that funny wedding wishes are misunderstood or simply taken too personally. So be very sure who you want to tease with a funny wedding quote.
You can be less concerned if you write the funny wishes as accompanying text in the card.
For example, you can give serious and beautiful wishes for the future and then write a little joke. Nobody will object to that. The other way around is no problem either, or you write something funny on one side of the card and something romantic or serious on the other.
Wedding Wishes for Wife and Husband
It would be ideal if your wedding wishes are personal and stand out from the crowd. Find beautiful words and do not leave out any good wish.
For a personalized text, in this case wedding sayings can serve as inspiration. Interpret the saying, relate it to the bride and groom and explain its meaning – then you’ll have a beautiful message for the wedding.
Often you not only need wedding sayings for the wedding card, but also for the guest book. If you are close to the couple, you may also need something for a toast or a small wedding speech.
Personalized Wedding Wishes
In this section you will find heartfelt wedding wishes that are a bit more individualized than our previous wishes.
They are tailored to certain characteristics of couples and are very personal. Some of them are based on quotes or sayings, some are freely formulated.
- It took you guys a while to find each other, but I have to say it was worth it. You are a great couple, a good team and I am convinced that you will get through any distance and any difficulty in life.
- Ah you two,
it’s been so many years since you met and I may admit, I already knew at the beginning that you would get married.
The base was there from the beginning: trust, reliability, friendship and love. Always keep these relationship gifts in mind, care for them, and let them grow, and you will continue to grow in your marriage.
- "The love between two people thrives on the beautiful moments. But it grows through the difficult times they both face together." (Unknown)
From this saying, I can only conclude that your love is already incredibly great – and it will continue to grow. I am confident that you will overcome any situation with your joy of life and you will always appreciate each other.
- "Marriage is, and will always be, the most important journey of discovery that a man could ever do." (Soren Kierkegaard)
It’s good that you both already have experience with voyages of discovery. Just as you love to travel the world, I hope you also love to discover and master all the corners of your marriage. After all, you’ve always been a well-coordinated team, so I’m confident you can do it left-handed.
- Dear bride and groom,
sometimes I imagine you two are from a different time – so respectful of each other, the romantic gestures you make to each other. It’s not often you get to experience something like that today, and I thank you for keeping the past alive that keeps me believing in romance.
- Dear Bride, Dear Groom,
Mark Twain once said, "To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with."
And we are rejoicing with you tremendously! It’s great to see how happy you are with each other. And we are so thankful to be able to celebrate your big day with you.
For your journey together, we wish it to be varied and adventurous, and most importantly, that no one can take away your joy.
Hugs and kisses from your friends
- "Shared intellectual activity unites more closely than the bond of marriage."
The two of you seem so different at first glance and yet I know of no couple that is betters soul mates than you. Your bond is strong and grows stronger with each passing year. For your wedding I wish you that you hold together and do not let anyone deter you. You belong together!
- He loves her because she is patient, creative and brave.
She loves him because he is balanced, strong and funny.
He loves her and says yes to her today.
She loves him and promises to be faithful to him forever.
Dear bride and groom, you love each other for so many more reasons and I wish your love a bright future.
- To the dear lovebirds,
you are a perfect match because you both love to sing, have the same sense of humor, one can cook and one can’t (it won’t be revealed who is who). You fit together because you have understanding for each other, you are both impatient and finally because you both love each other infinitely.
I wish you all the best for your wedding. I’m glad to know you and I’m sure you have a great future ahead of you!
- Whoever says "yes" must also say "no":
No to a blanket just for you. No to canned food and no to power over the remote.
Your marriage will bring many exciting things to which you will happily say "yes" and "no." Some may even become "yeses" – compromises are part of the deal, after all. On your journey together, I wish you to face your "yeses" and "nos" resolutely and never regret them.
Use such wedding greetings only if you know the couple well and do not offend them with such a personal touch. Indeed, personal wedding wishes can be sentimental or based on their individual relationship history.
Good friends or family will surely be happy to receive such a nice token of love. These kind of wedding wishes show that you have put a lot of thought and great effort into their big day.