Happy Easter: 60 quotes & 10 messages for your wishes
We have versatile Easter quotes and short texts for you, so you can spread great Easter spirit this year. Write them in a card or wish Happy Easter on social media, WhatsApp and Co.
Every year at Easter, many cards and messages are sent. So special Easter quotes and texts that stand out come just in time. We have a wide selection so you can find the right words.
The best Happy Easter quotes
Below we have collected many different Easter sayings on the topic of spring and Easter for you. Among them you will find beautiful sayings as well as Easter greetings for children.
In addition, there’s also something to laugh with our naughty and funny sayings. There is something for every taste and the most diverse contacts.
Beautiful Easter quotes
Holidays are always a beautiful occasion to show gratitude and appreciation. The Easter quotes in this chapter are especially lovingly worded, and you can send them or write them in a card without hesitation.
You could also consider them reflective Easter sayings, as they pick up on spring and focus on what’s important in life.
- Easter time, the flowers are sprouting. I hope you can enjoy the time off. Recharge your batteries and spend a few beautiful days with your family.
- The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, the birds are chirping. That sounds to me like a perfect Easter. Springtime Easter greetings and I wish you an idyllic day.
- So nice when the flowers bloom again, the birds chirping and the days are getting longer. Enjoy the Easter season with your loved ones and have a great celebration.
- Easter is also the time of spring. Therefore, I wish you a lot of sun that warms you and a lot of fun on Easter.
- For Easter I wish you to find peace and relaxation in the awakening nature. Catch the first rays of sunshine and have a contemplative Easter.
- I wish you not only happy Easter, but phenomenal, wonderful and incomparable holidays! You deserve it.
- "A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act."
- We wish you all a peaceful Easter and good luck with your egg hunt! Let the spring sun shine on your head and enjoy the days off.
- If it weren’t for winter, we wouldn’t be enjoying spring so much. So let’s be thankful for every season, because summer is already not far away either! Have a wonderful few Easter days.
- "Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life."
(Samuel Dickey Gordon)
Funny Easter Quotes
In this chapter, you’ll find cheeky Easter quotes that you can deliver with a twinkle in your eye. They are honest, sometimes a bit cynical or sarcastic and don’t gloss over anything, which is why one or the other person will surely have to laugh at them.
They are clearly different from the ever-popular harmonious Easter sayings that focus on spring, awakening and family time.
- "We have Christmas and Thanksgiving, and Easter, although we’re not exactly sure we celebrate them on the right days."
(Henry De Vere Stacpoole)
- If you see a rabbit laying little brown eggs, don’t eat them. It’s not chocolate!
- "Easter, so longed for, is gone in a day."
- Please all times sharpen the spoons: Happy egg hunt and happy Easter!
- "Spring is the time of the year, when it is summer in the sun and winter in the shade."
- Easter is the time of giving and thinking of each other – although no diamonds and no mink, but greetings with a lot of heart.
- "In the spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours."
- Despite all the competition at Easter, you are the sweetest bunny for me!
- Easter sayings or not. I just haven’t found the right words to tell you that you suck and I never want to lose you. Happy Easter!
- "Yes, I deserve a spring – I owe nobody nothing."
Short Easter quotes
If you like it short and crisp, you’re in the right place in this chapter. These short Easter sayings are perfect for a quick message, to create an Easter card or even a small gift tag.
- We wish you a happy Easter, lots of sunshine, a busy Easter bunny and happy holidays.
- "Twas Easter-Sunday. The full-blossomed trees filled all the air with fragrance and with joy."
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
- For Easter I send you very dear Easter greetings and wish you a sunny Easter weekend with the whole family.
- Happy Easter and many colorful eggs!
- All the best, only the best, just now for Easter! May it bring above all joy and relaxation.
- I send you a golden Easter greeting, do on the holidays only what is good for you and enjoy the time.
- "Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil."
- We wish you a relaxing and spring-like Easter!
- Happy Easter, many colorful eggs and a wonderful Easter feast with your family!
- Flower and chocolate scent – I smell it yet, Easter is in the air!
Happy Easter quotes for kids
Below you will find rhymed and funny Easter sayings for kids. They are adapted to children’s humor and you can write them without hesitation in a beautiful colorful Easter card.
- Christmas does come before Easter in one place – but where? The dictionary!
- Where does Easter take place every year? Where eggs marks the spot!
- What hops there in the green grass, my child it is the Easter Bunny! Nimbly he hides egg after egg and also for you is one there!
- What happens if you get married on Easter? You live hoppily ever after.
- What kind of bunny can’t hop? A chocolate bunny.
- Why shouldn’t you tell an Easter egg a joke? It might crack up!
- What do you get if you cross Winnie the Pooh and the Easter Bunny? A honey bunny.
- Why did the Easter egg hide? It was a little chicken.
- Flower fragrance blows around the noses. Love to you – from the Easter Bunny.
- Here an egg and there an egg – first it’s two and then three! Is it still so well hidden, it is certainly discovered by you. Happy Easter and have fun with the egg hunt wishes [name].
Funny Easter quotes for adults
The following Easter sayings are funny and will make your counterpart smirk. They are thematically more suitable for adults and assume that you can somewhat assess the humor of the other person.
For business contacts, the funny sayings for Easter are rather not suitable. With friends, on the other hand, it is not a problem. They know you and can certainly classify a funny saying of yours.
- I have Easter every day, I’m always looking for something!
- Luckily there is no Easter song by Wham.
- Easter is beginning, the flowers are sprouting. Let’s water the days off together!
- Put the eggnog ready, because now begins the Easter season. That means a few days off for us – I do hope you’ll be there.
- I’m only in it for the chocolate or the days off work. Happy Easter!
- The Easter egg hunt is the best proof that children can very well find all things, if they only want to!
- This is an Easter egg by WhatsApp. Here’s how: Cell phone on silent, go outside and throw the phone far away. Have fun looking for it. Happy Easter!
- Easter is the only time of year when it is safe to put all your eggs in one basket.
- Golf is also just the adult version of the Easter egg hunt.
- "In those days, though, the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed."
Religious quotes for Easter
Easter is a Christian festival celebrated by both believers and non-believers. Nevertheless, it is all the more beautiful to remember the Christian origin of the feast and to focus on the resurrection of Jesus.
If you are Christian yourself and want to wish other believers Happy Easter, we have beautiful Christian Easter sayings for you.
- We celebrate resurrection today. The resurrection of Christ, the resurrection of spring and the infinite love that accompanies us in our lives. Have a blessed Easter.
- "Blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed."
- "Christ has not only spoken to us by his life, but has also spoken for us by his death."
- "Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time."
- Earth’s saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart.
- "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
- "April hath put a spirit of youth in everything."
- Just like Jesus, people’s love will always be resurrected. I firmly believe in this. Happy Easter!
- "But from this earth, this grave, this dust, my God shall raise me up, I trust."
- "Let everything you do be done in love."
(1 Corinthians 16:14)
Short messages for your Easter card
In this chapter you will find both free-form Easter messages and short Easter poems that you can write wonderfully in an Easter card.
Texts of this type are especially suitable for contacts to whom you want to devote a little more time in your Easter greetings. This can be people who are close to you or with whom you simply want to make an extra effort.
Especially people of the older generation are happy about a few personal words or a nice poem. They usually have a familiar relationship with rhymes and appreciate cards more than a text message or other message.
Adapt the following lyrics, adopt them for your Easter card, or use them as inspiration. Quotes always provide a good impetus for a little text of your own, as you’ll see below.
"Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil." – Reginald Heber
The year is just getting started, so enjoy the Easter season and start dreaming about what else you want to experience this year.
Happy Easter and a good start to spring
For Easter, I just wanted to tell you that you are very important to me and I am glad you are a part of my life. Enjoy the days off with your favorite people and just unwind.
Love and Easter greetings
Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life." – Samuel Dickey Gordon
On that note, I hope you have a wonderful Easter! Knock off the dust of the old year and do some spring cleaning, face new challenges and most of all remember that I am always here for you.
Happy Easter. I love you.
Most glorious Lord of Lyfe! that, on this day,
Didst make Thy triumph over death and sin;
And, having harrowd hell, didst bring away
Captivity thence captive, us to win:
This joyous day, deare Lord, with joy begin;
And grant that we, for whom thou diddest dye,
Being with Thy deare blood clene washt from sin,
May live for ever in felicity!
And that Thy love we weighing worthily,
May likewise love Thee for the same againe;
And for Thy sake, that all lyke deare didst buy,
With love may one another entertayne!
So let us love, deare Love, lyke as we ought,
– Love is the lesson which the Lord us taught.
– Edmund Spenser
At Easter, nature awakens to new life, everything begins to blossom and green. So I wish you many warm rays of sunshine on your skin and in your heart, as well as happy holidays and a joyful celebration with colorful spring flowers.
Warm Easter greetings
Lord, who createdst man in wealth and store,
Though foolishly he lost the same,
Decaying more and more,
Till he became
O let me rise
As larks, harmoniously,
And sing this day thy victories:
Then shall the fall further the flight in me.
My tender age in sorrow did beginne
And still with sicknesses and shame.
Thou didst so punish sinne,
That I became
Let me combine,
And feel thy victorie:
For, if I imp my wing on thine,
Affliction shall advance the flight in me.
– George Herbert
Beautiful and relaxing Easter holidays
A hardworking Easter bunny
A beautiful and colorful beginning of spring
Many chocolate eggs
And a nice time with the family
"Make your whole year’s plan in the spring and the whole day’s plan in the morning." – Chinese proverb
Unbelievable, but true! You’ve just gotten used to the new year and it’s already Easter again! But don’t stress, just keep the proverb in mind and just now leisurely start planning for the year….
Happy Easter and best regards
The silver trumpets rang across the Dome:
The people knelt upon the ground with awe:
And borne upon the necks of men I saw,
Like some great God, the Holy Lord of Rome.
Priest-like, he wore a robe more white than foam,
And, king-like, swathed himself in royal red,
Three crowns of gold rose high upon his head:
In splendour and in light the Pope passed home.
My heart stole back across wide wastes of years
To One who wandered by a lonely sea,
And sought in vain for any place of rest:
'Foxes have holes, and every bird its nest,
I, only I, must wander wearily,
And bruise my feet, and drink wine salt with tears.'
– Oscar Wilde
The Easter Flower
Far from this foreign Easter damp and chilly
My soul steals to a pear-shaped plot of ground,
Where gleamed the lilac-tinted Easter lily
Soft-scented in the air for yards around;
Alone, without a hint of guardian leaf!
Just like a fragile bell of silver rime,
It burst the tomb for freedom sweet and brief
In the young pregnant year at Eastertime;
And many thought it was a sacred sign,
And some called it the resurrection flower;
And I, a pagan, worshiped at its shrine,
Yielding my heart unto its perfumed power.
– Claude McKay
Happy Easter: tips for your Easter wishes
Below you’ll find helpful tips for wishing your loved ones a Happy Easter. Here’s how to find the right text for each person this year and avoid common mistakes.
Send your Easter mail on time
As a rule, nothing is sent out on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. So get your Easter greetings to the post office on time and allow a few days for arrival.
Make sure your card or package reaches the recipient no later than Thursday. If you don’t want the person to open your Easter mail before then, write a note on it like "Easter Greetings" or "Do Not Open Before Easter."
Include a personalized touch
Especially if you’re adopting pre-written Easter sayings, it’s important to include a personalized touch. This could be a personal toast like "Dear [name]" or a short note about Easter plans – if you know them.
Also, you could put some nice stickers in an Easter card or even paint Easter motifs like a flower, Easter bunny or chick inside. It is even nicer if you formulate your Easter greetings in such a way that they fit the other person exactly.
This way, you give your significant other the feeling that he or she is not just part of a circular message, but that you really put some thought and effort into it. This is a great sign of appreciation and nurtures your contacts.
Keep it personal
Before you send your Easter sayings, you should always think about the personal relationship with your counterpart. For example, funny sayings for Easter are not suitable for business contacts.
Your grandmother would surely be more pleased with a nice card and an Easter poem than with a message on her cell phone. Close friends and family members you can best assess and so probably well judge who is happy about an idyllic and springtime saying and who can tolerate a funny saying.
Add a small gift
Giving a little something for Easter is a nice gesture and rounds out your Easter wishes perfectly. This ranges from a small chocolate Easter bunny to Easter decorations to a bouquet of flowers.
Theoretically, you can give anything for Easter that suits the person. However, in itself it is not usual to give huge gifts for this occasion. It cannot be compared to birthdays or Christmas.
Ideas for lovely little gifts are:
- Small flower vase with dried flowers
- Porcelain Easter bunny, lamb, or chick
- Scented candle
- Homemade things (food or crafted things)
- Bird house