40 Vacation Quotes, 6 Tips + the Best Templates for your Messages
Vacation quotes show your loved ones that you are thinking of them on vacation. We have tips for sending as well as 40 short, beautiful and funny vacation quotes and 10 templates for your vacation messages via WhatsApp, social media or postcard.
Most people still prefer to send their vacation greetings by mail. In particular, country-specific postcards with some impressions of the vacation destination are popular here.
However, the smartphone also opens up new possibilities to quickly get in touch with a nice text and vacation photos. In this article, you will find everything you need to send.
Templates for your Vacation and Holiday Greetings
Below you will find some texts as examples for your vacation greetings. Use them as a fun template for your postcards or modify them to fit your addressees perfectly. The texts are a little longer than, for example, the sayings for WhatsApp.
However, they are just as suitable for sending to someone in a private chat. They are a bit more personalized, giving the impression of an individual greeting rather than a circular message. Some of the texts are inspired by quotes.
"Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience."
That’s how it sometimes seems when others talk about their vacation, but I won’t be able to report to you until afterwards whether I’ve lifted a finger here – doing nothing is just too nice.
Sunny greetings from Sally
There’s a saying from Cameroon, "If you haven’t studied, travel."
I can tell you, this trip has been more educational than anything in my life so far and I am super happy here. Greetings to [place]
I send you sunny greetings from Thailand vacation. I unfortunately have not much time to write, it’s just too much fun here. I’ll tell you everything when I’m back. Hope all is well with you, I think of you, see you then!
"Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination."
We like to stick to this motto and send you very dear and sunny greetings from our vacation in Spain. We enjoy the architecture of Barcelona, have already been to the beach and want to make a short hiking trip soon. We hope you are doing well and send our love
I’ll keep it short: weather perfect, beautiful mountains, super accommodation, delicious food and exuberant mood. Looking forward to tell you everything in detail later and show photos, but until then you have to be content with this postcard. I hope you are well, I think of you!
Best regards from vacation
Hello dear ones,
Greetings from beautiful Switzerland! We are doing wonderfully here, the nature is great and also the weather plays along. The mountains are really an experience and also our accommodation can really be seen! We hug you from afar and send some good weather over to you.
Clarissa & Marc
Hey my dear,
I am having a wonderful time switching off here as planned. It feels so good to just unwind. Weather and sea are just beautiful, I enjoy the food and the freedom.
I hope you are doing well at home too. I miss you very much and look forward to seeing you again soon. Greetings from Brazil
We send you snowy greetings from wintry Tyrol. Little Jade has already taken a skiing course, Tom and Nicholas are mostly enjoying sledding, and Peter and I are having a beer together every day after skiing and hiking. We couldn’t be better off – and yet we look forward to being home when we see you again!
my city trip is a complete success! Didn’t think traveling alone could be so much fun, but I’ve already met a lot of people and see new great places every day. I’m already looking forward to tell you everything at home and hope you are doing well.
Greetings from Prague
Three weeks, five cities! So far our trip is going really well and we’ve already seen an insane amount – including the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Roman Colosseum and the Trevi Fountain in Rome. Of course, we’ve also tried a lot of great restaurants and are excited to show you some photos when we get back.
Saluti da bella italia,
Jenna & Henry
40 Vacation Quotes for the Holidays
Quotes about vacations are always good to use if you want to add some nice or funny words to your vacation photos. In addition, you can also use them to wish others a happy holiday or simply express your travelling pangs.
Post them as WhatsApp statuses, send them as messages, use them as descriptions of your posts on Instagram or record them as short voicemails. We have vacation sayings for WhatsApp, funny vacation greetings and short vacation sayings for your postcard.
Holiday Quotes for WhatsApp
The following sayings are particularly suitable for WhatsApp. They are short and meaningful and you can set them as a status. They also make great captions for social media or vacation sayings if you still have room on your postcard.
- "Wherever you go, go with all your heart."
- "Life is a beach!"
- "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
- "Vacation is to have nothing to do all day."
- "On my travels, I collect the most precious souvenirs: memories."
- "A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
(George A. Moore)
- "I travel for the sake of travel! Not to have something to tell afterwards, but to dream of a goal, to pursue it and afterwards to be happy about it."
- "Travel. Because money can always come back. Time doesn’t."
- "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving."
- "I love the moment on vacation when, after three days, you finally understand that you are in paradise."
You can refer to your own trip with the sayings, wish someone else a beautiful vacation or give someone good advice. For example, with this vacation saying: "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." (Marcel Proust)
It can be a realization of yourself that you had on vacation or good advice for someone who is going through a difficult time.
Funny Vacation Quotes
These funny vacation greetings are partly funny and partly sarcastic. Either way, they are sure to make the addressee smile. Send them to friends or relatives whose sense of humor you can gauge.
Some of the sayings are also especially good for work colleagues:
"The practical thing about a vacation is that it not only gives you the strength to resume work, but also leaves you so broke that you have no other choice."
All unmarked sayings are from unknown authors.
- "White and red shiny creatures tumbling through the sand day in and day out, a sweet scent on my skin and clothes, scrubs for free no matter where you go – that’s what I call a vacation."
- "My perfect day on vacation: waking up with an ocean view, drinking a cocktail with an ocean view, eating chips with an ocean view and falling asleep with an ocean view."
- "I actually already knew it myself, but this vacation has shown me that I am more the vacation type and not the work type."
- "I really don’t ask for much now, but sea should already be in it."
- "The practical thing about vacation is that it not only gives you the strength to resume work, but also makes you so broke that you have no other choice."
- "At work I dreamed of it all the time, now I’m finally there! Love from vacation and have fun dreaming until you’re on vacation again."
- "This card is to prove it to you: I am on the road. It’s all beautiful here, I travel with pleasure and send you greetings from afar."
- "I had a choice: pool or write a postcard to you? Therefore, there’s now quick greetings via WhatsApp before I jump into the pool. Love from vacation!"
- "Sea is still the best therapy, better than any bottle of wine – or both, no both is the perfect combination!"
- "You know I love all things that sparkle!!! So take me to the sea now, I must have it!"
- "Vacation is the shortest connection between two salaries."
- "A vacation love is love too. But a vacation is like Sunday, and what does Sunday know of the week?"
- "Vacation: free time given to workers to remind them that the company can do without them."
- "I wish travel therapy was covered by my health insurance."
- "Vacation is the only time you can plan to do nothing and still look like you did something afterwards."
Short Vacation Quotes to write on Postcards
Among the following quotes about vacations you will find quotations, wisdoms, proverbs and short sayings.
Because even Saint Augustine, an ancient Roman bishop knew, "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
Quotes make great vacation greetings because they inspire you to write your own. Just describe what the quote means to you at that moment and what spontaneously comes to mind about it in relation to your life.
In our templates you will find some examples for this approach. So you can write beautiful and personal vacation greetings in no time.
- "He travels the fastest who travels alone."
- "Just a reminder that I’m going on vacation and you’re not."
- "Vacation. An exhausting occupation that you begin to enjoy only when it is over."
- "I love my job only when I’m on vacation."
- "Time for some Vitamin Sea."
- "I’m all about the palm trees and 80 degrees."
- "It’s better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times."
- "Vacation calories don’t count."
- "We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
- "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
- "A mind stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions."
(Oliver Wendell Holmes)
- "Travel: It gives you a home in a thousand strange places, then leaves you a stranger in your own land."
- "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
- "Take vacations, go as many places as you can. You can always make money, you can’t always make memories."
- "A ship in harbor is safe, but that’s not what ships are for."
Sending Vacation and Holiday Greetings: 6 Tips
In our tips, you’ll find everything you should consider when sending your vacation greetings. This includes not only getting all the addresses for your postcards and letters beforehand, but also printing your stamps online so you have as little stress as possible while on vacation.
We also have tips on designing your postcard, how to set your holiday greetings as a WhatsApp status, how to send it personally in chat and how to relate it individually to your addressee.
Get addresses before the beginning of your vacation
Plan before the vacation, to whom you want to send all a postcard or letter. To make sure your vacation greetings arrive, you should get all the addresses of the people you want to send them to. If it is to be a surprise, ask friends or relatives for the address.
Also, it’s important to keep them well stored so you won’t have any more stress during the vacation. A suitable place would be your wallet or a book. Think about how many postcards you’ll need, then you can always buy them in between at nice stalls and souvenir stores while you’re on the road.
Print stamps online
You can now print the traditional stamp online. This saves you the trip to the post office or a corresponding store for sending postcards and you can print the stamps directly in the hotel or your accommodation.
This option is ideal if you forgot to write postcards and want to send them quickly on the day of departure. In addition, you can buy your stamps for USPS.
Design your own postcards
To design your postcards, there are websites and apps where you can upload a photo and thus send your vacation greetings as a postcard.
In addition, drugstores usually also offer an option for postcard design. However, country-specific postcards with classic buildings and landmarks are a must for many tourists. They are either brought back as souvenirs, collected or sent to friends and relatives.
Another way you can design postcards yourself is to buy blank postcards in craft stores or order online. So you can glue on beautiful motifs of your choice or paint the postcard for example with acrylic paint.
If you are afraid that the postcard will be damaged on its journey, pack it additionally in an envelope. However, the postage costs must be covered for a letter in this case.
Set vacation greetings as a 'status' on WhatsApp or Instagram
To greet your entire phone contact list from vacation, you can also simply upload your vacation photos to your WhatsApp status. To do this, just click on the app, go to "Status" at the top, and then select the small pencil at the bottom right for a text or the camera for a few holiday pictures.
You can upload several photos or texts to your status and thus both formulate greetings yourself and give an insight into great experiences. Postcards often have the disadvantage that they also show places where you yourself have not been. The photos in your WhatsApp status show only the places where you really were and thus give the best possible impression you had of the vacation destination.
Send personal Vacation Greetings on WhatsApp
Instead of a postcard, you can also send personal vacation greetings on WhatsApp.
Simply select one or more vacation photos and write a short text in which you tell about your vacation experiences. It is not necessary to contact your contacts every day from your vacation.
Rather enjoy the time and summarize all impressions from the middle or towards the end of the vacation. This saves valuable vacation time and you may be able to send the text directly to several contacts.
Another advantage of personal vacation greetings is that you can select the images individually.
For example, funny photos or pictures in swimwear are less suitable for business contacts, but you can send them to relatives or close friends. Instead of a text message, you can also quickly send a voicemail for each of your important contacts or simply record sea noise if you are at the beach.
Relate to the addressee
Vacation greetings are primarily there to give a brief glimpse of your vacation and let the addressee know where you are. Nevertheless, greetings are also always there to show the other person that you are thinking of them.
That’s why it’s important to not only tell about yourself in your vacation greetings, but also refer to the other person in a sentence or two. Examples include: "I hope you’re doing well over there" or "I’m thinking of you" or "I’m looking forward to seeing you again soon now."